Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels | Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Phastek Performance

Old 03-23-2024, 11:04 AM   #43
Ray3768

Drives: 1977 Trans Am, 2024 Camaro 2SS
I have submitted a complaint with the BBB and have been going back and forth responding to their BS responses. Mavis tire states the the damage to the wheels is just the clear coat and that they have offered to repair the wheels. The wheel finish has been damaged down to the base metal. I have even provided photos that show it's not just clear coat damage. They obviously don't give a crap about a BBB complaint as evidenced by they "F" BBB rating. I guess we'll see if a letter from my lawyer gets their attention (probably not). Anyway, here's some photos of the "clear coat damage". Note that there is more damage on each wheel than what is shown in the photos. Each wheel has various scratches to the face that are not down to bare metal. I provided these photos to the BBB to refute Mavis's claim that the damage is limited to the clear coat.

-Ray
Attached Images

Ray3768 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2024, 03:45 PM   #44
SnakeEyeSS

Drives: Camaro 2SS & ZL1
I have had Eagle Exhilarate on my Accord for years, they have seen both coasts and the gulf, and so I think you will be happy with them, but you also have 180 HP more than my Accord V6.

The aren't amazing on ice, but they aren't terrible either.
Old 03-23-2024, 04:58 PM   #45
Coded4SS

Drives: 2020 1SS 1le
It sucks but tbh thats pretty minimal. Ive had way worse from tire shops. Hit up a wheel repair guy he will go to your house and those will look new in an hour and will hold up. You wont even know it. Then send them your bill and save your stress and energy. Ill tell you now nothing at that tire shop will change. The damage is too small for a lawyer to take the case. Small claims court will waste your time and energy. The repair cost for this will be cheaper than you realize. You have an easy out at this point.
Coded4SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2024, 05:48 AM   #46
Curr
Probably doesn't like you

Drives: 2022 WCT ZL1 M6
Call us your local Audi or Porsche dealer and ask them who they have repair their curb rash'd wheels, then call them and have them fixed.

كافر
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
железобетонное очко
Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.
There is an unequal amount of good and bad in most things, the trick is to work out the ratio and act accordingly.
Curr is offline   Reply With Quote