Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

AWE Tuning

Old 11-10-2019, 07:35 PM   #225
pcobbsm

Drives: 2016 Hyperblue metallic Camaro SS
Magnetic Shock Sensor

Anyone got pics of how to disconnect the magnetic shock sensor? It's got a little red tab on it that looks like a locking mechanism, but raising it doesn't loosen it up or allow me to disconnect it.

I'm putting in the Ground Control camber plates.

Thx,

Paul
2016 Camaro SS
pcobbsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 08:39 PM   #226
Move_Over

Drives: ISO ss 1le
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcobbsm View Post
Anyone got pics of how to disconnect the magnetic shock sensor? It's got a little red tab on it that looks like a locking mechanism, but raising it doesn't loosen it up or allow me to disconnect it.

I'm putting in the Ground Control camber plates.

Thx,

Paul
2016 Camaro SS
It slides out first, then you’ll be able to push the tab in.
Move_Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 05:02 PM   #227
carguy55

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
My VORSHLAG CAMBER PLATES are for sale. Never been used. PM if interested
carguy55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 03:24 PM   #228
davidwarren

Drives: 2019 SS 1LE
I just got these in and hope to have them on by this weekend.
davidwarren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2021, 12:03 AM   #229
20Bluezl1

Drives: 2020 Zl1 A10 Riverside Blue
Bringing this thread back, I was wondering if these camber plates are worth the investment. Is it easier to switch from street to track alignment? I have a Zl1 non 1le and I'm running Apex wheels with 1le specs and 3r.
20Bluezl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2021, 09:16 AM   #230
Msquared

Drives: Chevrolet SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20Bluezl1 View Post
Bringing this thread back, I was wondering if these camber plates are worth the investment. Is it easier to switch from street to track alignment? I have a Zl1 non 1le and I'm running Apex wheels with 1le specs and 3r.
They will make it super easy to switch back and forth from a street to track alignment. The only caveat is that your toe also changes a bit when you change camber: more negative camber also means more toe out. That can work in your favor, though. You also get two discrete caster settings, whereas caster is not adjustable at all from the factory.
Old 01-02-2021, 09:22 AM   #231
Rodan

Drives: 2018 ZL1 coupe
It isn't as simple as just moving the camber. Switching track<>street alignments still requires an adjustment to toe, and there is no 'middle ground' setting that will work with both street and track settings.

That said, the camber plates work. They allow you to get enough camber for the track, and to do so without clearance issues between the wheel and strut.
Rodan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 10:40 AM   #232
Dabjbr

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodan View Post
It isn't as simple as just moving the camber. Switching track<>street alignments still requires an adjustment to toe, and there is no 'middle ground' setting that will work with both street and track settings.

That said, the camber plates work. They allow you to get enough camber for the track, and to do so without clearance issues between the wheel and strut.
So are you getting a shop to align after every camber change or do your own adjustment, string alignment, or whatever?
Dabjbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 11:05 AM   #233
Rodan

Drives: 2018 ZL1 coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabjbr View Post
So are you getting a shop to align after every camber change or do your own adjustment, string alignment, or whatever?
Since our car was only an occasional HPDE car, I had a shop align it to a moderate track alignment and left it there. It was aggressive for the street, and eventually wore the inside tire shoulder over 10k+ miles, but I was willing to live with it.
Rodan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 06:53 PM   #234
Dabjbr

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodan View Post
Since our car was only an occasional HPDE car, I had a shop align it to a moderate track alignment and left it there. It was aggressive for the street, and eventually wore the inside tire shoulder over 10k+ miles, but I was willing to live with it.
Thanks bud!
Dabjbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2021, 09:59 AM   #235
sr71bb

Drives: 2019 Camaro Z-28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabjbr View Post
Shop did the alignment on my STREET settings of -2.2 degrees camber on the front and -2.0 degrees camber on the rear. When I go to the track I adjust the front camber to MAX setting on plates which is about -3.6 degrees camber. Dont worry about TOE IN TOE OUT settings at track setting if you are good on the street setting. My tires are wearing GREAT. I DO ROTATE front to rear every 4K miles but with 12K miles on tires and maybe 12 track sessions I still have 60% left. MS 4S 305 30 19 all the way around with APEX SM-10 19 x 10.5 wheels ET22. Tire wear is EVEN across the face of the tread.
https://youtu.be/c9M5UHDftcA
4-15-23 at SCCA TT U1 Class

MEGA Thread on THIS car:
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=602092

Retired Cars BELOW:
1973 Camaro, 1969 Camaro, 1969 Camaro SS RS
2010 Camaro SS with 1000HP F1R, 2019 ZL1 1LE A10
sr71bb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2021, 12:10 PM   #236
h018871
Geoff

Drives: 2020 ZL1 Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by sr71bb View Post
Shop did the alignment on my STREET settings of -2.2 degrees camber on the front and -2.0 degrees camber on the rear. When I go to the track I adjust the front camber to MAX setting on plates which is about -3.6 degrees camber.
Very similar to how I'm currently set up.
I have have the plates in the rear (increased) caster position.
Street: Front camber -2.1, total toe (in) 0.2, rear camber 2.0, total toe (in) 0.12
For the track I use 2 options: I measured these on an alignment rack
1) front camber to -2.5, total toe moves to -0.05 (out)
2) camber to -3.2, total toe moves to -0.48 (out). This is quite a bit so the car "wiggles" slightly under hard braking, but turn-in is fantastic. When in this setting, I get wear on both inner and outer sections of the front tires.

I choose option 1 or 2 dependent on the track and direction
Old 06-17-2021, 12:26 PM   #237
Texan4iu
BLEW BIU

Drives: 2018 2SS 1LE Hyper Blue
Thank you!

Thank you so much for these instructions. After watching a video or two & having these step by step instructions handy, I installed my plates the other night. I'm no BF Goodrich mechanic, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night. LOL!

In all seriousness, I appreciate you more than you know.

[QUOTE=Move_Over;10522827]DIY Write up. Sorry no photos. I get 2-3 photos in and forget to take more. So my DIY's are always just words. If anyone has any questions or any steps are unclear feel free to ask. If you mess your car up, injure yourself, die, lose a 10mm I am in no way responsible
Important tools: BFH (big effin hammer), BFBB (big effin breaker bar) 1/2 impact wrench, good socket set, McPherson style spring compressor, floor jack, good jack stands, open-ended 18mm wrench and most importantly common sense. If you do not feel comfortable as you read through these, take it to a trusted shop.

1: Set Parking Brake

2: If you don't have air or an impact to take off lugs, crack the lug nuts loose before raising the car.

3: Jack the front end up and support the front end using appropriate jackstands. Do not do one side at a time using a floor jack. Make sure the front end is at a medium/high height, when you remove/lower the struts that will make more sense.

4: Remove wheels, when I am on jackstands I always throw the wheels under the vehicle for emergency purposes.
Important, make sure to remove the MRC ride heigh sensor arms from the control arm, if you do not, you risk overextending the sensor and breaking it

5: Remove both 18mm endlink nuts at the strut end. This may take holding in place with a 5mm hex wrench. Swing the endlinks out of the way.

6: Unclip brake hose, 10mm brake hose bracket, and ABS clips from the control arms. This will allow you enough slack to drop the hub down and pull the strut assembly.
Texan4iu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 08:37 PM   #238
Ummpwr

Drives: Honda S2000
Just installed my set last night.

Very nice product 👍

I didn't even need to use a spring compressor, just loosen the top nut very slowly and then have one person press down on the spring while another starts the top center nut.

Anyway, I'm maxed out with the camber plates setting and close but not quite maxed out on the strut adjustment.

Could probably get to -4.0 if wanted to bit at -3.5 front camber now.

What camber are others running for CAMC Autox?

Eric
Attached Images

Ummpwr is offline   Reply With Quote