Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

Phastek Performance

Old 06-08-2017, 07:09 AM   #1
s10mk

Drives: Monte Carlo SS
best time to buy a new camaro

Hello gents,
I'm a long time Chevrolet enthusiast; but in all that time, I've never liked or had a desire to own a camaro. Recently, I stopped at a Chevrolet dealership to look at corvettes, and while I was there, I looked at and drove a 2017 camaro 1ss. And I have to say, I really like the car and I think I'm going to buy one.

My question is, what is the best time of the year to buy a 2017? None of my local dealers are willing to move any lower than 1k $ off of msrp right now. Should I wait until deep into the 3rd quarter or even the 4th quarter when 2018s are already on the lot. I noticed that last year, Chevrolet gave 16% off of msrp....then ramped that up to 20% off later in the year. Also, I'm eligible for supplier pricing.
s10mk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 07:34 AM   #2
s10mk

Drives: Monte Carlo SS
I forgot to mention, I have a Gm flexible earnings card, and normally once a year, gm tops off my points to around $1500 for a new vehicle....so I'm juggling around a few different factors
s10mk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 07:43 AM   #3
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
Well the time is now and I would say by labor Day, Inventories are dwindling GM built up a nice inventory but better than expected sales have brought those town. With the 2017 production coming to an end (cannot order a 17) and 2018’s coming next month you will be limited to what dealerships have. I will say each month the incentives are getting worse. March incentives were good, April a little wore, may even worse and now June worse.

My suggestion is locate the one you want and look at some other dealerships to see if you can swing a deal. I was able to get $8k off my 2SS I purchased back in April.
Old 06-08-2017, 07:59 AM   #4
Captain Obvious
^Name^ | Things I Say -->

Drives: 2016 2SS Convertible, Hyper Blue
I bought a 16 in October of last year and got better than 25% below MSRP.
Captain Obvious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 10:25 AM   #5
Smuuth

Drives: 2017 Hyper Blue Metallic ZL1
In my opinion, expected or available discounts on new cars depend in large part on several factors:
1. Inventory on hand. (Dealerships pay financing costs and taxes on vehicles in stock.)
2. Consumer demand for specific models. (More demand, less inclination to offer discounts.)
3. Dealership management direction. (Some are more likely than others to find discounts.)
Smuuth is offline   Reply With Quote