#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-27-2017, 04:36 PM   #57
Smuuth

Drives: 2017 Hyper Blue Metallic ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwav8r View Post
…For now I will go back to waiting, I've had my order and deposit down since 9 December...
If that's true, the issue you should have is with your dealer who obviously lied to you about having an allocation or if he had one, he didn't submit your order in time for one of the dealer order cycles. Most everyone who pays attention on these forums knew when the last order cycles for MY 2017 were going to end. Certainly if one followed posts by Becky D in the price & ordering thread, those dates were stated more than once.
Smuuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 04:39 PM   #58
Artos

Drives: A10 LT4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
Said I wouldn't keep going....Sorry...
I copy...
Artos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 05:04 PM   #59
kwav8r
Flyin NOE

Drives: 2018 ZL1 (A10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smuuth View Post
If that's true, the issue you should have is with your dealer who obviously lied to you about having an allocation or if he had one, he didn't submit your order in time for one of the dealer order cycles. Most everyone who pays attention on these forums knew when the last order cycles for MY 2017 were going to end. Certainly if one followed posts by Becky D in the price & ordering thread, those dates were stated more than once.
The dealer didn't get enough allocations, I was next in line for an A10 on 6 April but the dealer only got allocations for M6s.

You're right about the forum, I did learn from Becky D., on this forum, that 6 April was the final allocation for 2017... problem is I didn't join the forum until April when I felt like I was getting the run around from the dealer and decided to do some research which led me here. Dealer I was working with didn't know this either, they thought I was full of it when I told them. Had I known earlier I would have shopped around and placed orders with other dealers to get a '17.

I did take issue with the dealer, nothing they can do, won't do business with them ever again. I did take it up with GM, nothing they're willing to do. Am I pissed, yes. Is that gonna help, nope.
kwav8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 05:27 PM   #60
Artos

I may have very well been in your place if I hadn't found out early...what are the have's you want other than the A10?? Heck, I was worried about getting one back in Feb!!!

The guys on here are pretty good about locating ZL1's...may have to settle for something other than exactly as a special order, but may be worth starting a thread asking to keep an eye out.

I can tell you if I missed my 17, then I would be all over the 18 1LE...while the 17 A10 is serving a better application for what I personally need being so far from road courses, having that manual 1LE with monster rubber & being the 1st year wouldn't hurt my feeling a bit. I get to drive mine so little, having the rougher suspension wouldn't bother me.

Loving the A10, but I would want that particular car in standard I reckon...anyway, just throwing some ideas out there for ya.

Quote:
The dealer didn't get enough allocations, I was next in line for an A10 on 6 April but the dealer only got allocations for M6s.

You're right about the forum, I did learn from Becky D., on this forum, that 6 April was the final allocation for 2017... problem is I didn't join the forum until April when I felt like I was getting the run around from the dealer and decided to do some research which led me here. Dealer I was working with didn't know this either, they thought I was full of it when I told them. Had I known earlier I would have shopped around and placed orders with other dealers to get a '17.

I did take issue with the dealer, nothing they can do, won't do business with them ever again. I did take it up with GM, nothing they're willing to do. Am I pissed, yes. Is that gonna help, nope.
Old 04-27-2017, 05:38 PM   #61
kwav8r
Flyin NOE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artos View Post
I may have very well been in your place if I hadn't found out early...what are the have's you want other than the A10?? Heck, I was worried about getting one back in Feb!!!

The guys on here are pretty good about locating ZL1's...may have to settle for something other than exactly as a special order, but may be worth starting a thread asking to keep an eye out.

I can tell you if I missed my 17, then I would be all over the 18 1LE...while the 17 A10 is serving a better application for what I personally need being so far from road courses, having that manual 1LE with monster rubber & being the 1st year wouldn't hurt my feeling a bit. I get to drive mine so little, having the rougher suspension wouldn't bother me.

Loving the A10, but I would want that particular car in standard I reckon...anyway, just throwing some ideas out there for ya.
I appreciate that, thank you. Another dude on here threw me a line on a Silver A10 in Georgia, it's got waaay more options than I want and the dealership wants over sticker for it. Rather wait for an '18 and get exactly what I want.

Personally, not a fan of the ZL1 1LE, that's just me.
Old 04-27-2017, 05:48 PM   #62
Artos

Quote:
Personally, not a fan of the ZL1 1LE, that's just me.
It's all a trade off isn't it.

I'm not a big fan of that big wing either...but if you have the scratch, it sounds like most all the parts are interchangeable. The front facia too I think.

A 1LE with a regular ZL1 wing would look killer for around town & then bolt on too tall for the track. I like rims on the regular ZL1, but love the looks/size on 1LE & really think it makes it even more menacing.

Honestly, the regular is what I need but have to admit the 1LE is really growing on me...I cannot wait to see some these cars getting spliced together.

~~~~~~

Anyway, you will forget about your frustration once you are in the car you want...no reason to let all this crap that is out of your control steal your joy. Good luck.
Old 04-27-2017, 05:51 PM   #63
kwav8r
Flyin NOE

Quote:
It's all a trade off isn't it.

I'm not a big fan of that big wing either...but if you have the scratch, it sounds like most all the parts are interchangeable. The front facia too I think.

A 1LE with a regular ZL1 wing would look killer for around town & then bolt on too tall for the track. I like rims on the regular ZL1, but love the looks/size on 1LE & really think it makes it even more menacing.

Honestly, the regular is what I need but have to admit the 1LE is really growing on me...I cannot wait to see some these cars getting spliced together.

~~~~~~

Anyway, you will forget about your frustration once you are in the car you want...no reason to let all this crap that is out of your control steal your joy. Good luck.
Thanks man. Where in the valley are you? I'm from around Lampasas.
Old 04-27-2017, 06:42 PM   #64
Artos

Quote:
Thanks man. Where in the valley are you? I'm from around Lampasas.
Sorry, gonna be a bit long winded here:

I am right on the border in McAllen/Mission/Edinburg area...I do sales in the oil patch (natural gas side / engines & compressors) and basically cover from Corpus Cristi over to Freer & south back home. My company is based in Alice. I drive 300-400+ miles a day in a company truck which tells the picture of why I get so little time in the A10.

Man, we are a really good scoot from one another & I had to look exactly where Lampasas was on the map!! My boy is up in the FW area going to TCU & my sister is in San Antonio. Both way closer to you...I live a long way from everywhere!!

You need to go to the TX Camaro Revolution next year in San Antonio (check the thread in the TX Regional section for pics)...I got in late Friday & didn't have the break in miles, but still had a blast. Missed all the track stuff but made some new friends & really enjoyed the Sunday cruise & meal before we all peeled off on our own ways. I'll do the same next year even if I can't get off work Friday it was so much fun. Tough time for me as it's usually overhaul / Top End season right now.

This is my very first sports car as I've always needed a truck for the hunting / fishing, shooting, etc I do...having the company truck & getting the mortgage paid off opened the door for the timing / buy. Really elated with my dream car!! I would be in a GT350R right now if all the Ford dealerships didn't have ADM on them & understand why you shouldn't get that silver one. I'll never pay over sticker. Start doing some research or ask for advice on dealers from ZL1 buyers with history. ONLY DEAL with someone who you want to give your $$$ too...period!! I honestly never even thought of a Camaro, but was looking at Hellcats (didn't have the handling I was looking for) & Vette's while out of town just to see and told the sales guy I just can't get into these cars, I like it, but they don't fit me. He asked if I heard about the new ZL1 with this same ZO6 LT4 being dropped in it & that lead me to a test drive in an SS, then to here on camaro6 & into my ZL1. The owner of the local Chevy dealer is a life long friend & my deal was painless, but I actually learned way more about the allocation / build / pre-order from camaro6 & they get as much credit or I wouldn't have put in the pre-order in time.

Anyway, don't beat yourself up too bad...you simply jumped on too late as the window of 17's was really small for everyone. A bunch of guys if you go back & look kept having their build dates pushed back due to capacity / supply chain issues (mostly of the A10 capacity output I think) Many, many folks were really frustrated and they started early. I worked in Mexico for 15 year and made wire harnesses and electronic sub-assemblies from everything to DeWALT tools, to Harley Davidson switches to medical to consumer. My stuff is easy too make, but trust me when I say it was HARD for my end customer to go from "approved for production to full capacity in short order" I mean really hard & never once not seen it go exactly as wanted be it a cordless recip saw, much less a high performance vehicle. I'm most certain GM, their supply chain & customers who wanted one wishes they could have made & sold 10x the amount of 17's they did. After all, that is goal. Just want to give you some perspective from 'my history' of the mfg side & also from what I recall from myself here on the forum and others even when we jumped in early.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions or can help, but again...I'm new to the game & just glad Ford was greedy or I wouldn't be in a what I feel is a better car for me. Not taking anything away from the 350R, I just really dig this ZL1. Funny how things work out. I would rather have an 18 & what I wanted than being in a buyers remorse wishing I purchased a different car.

Paul
Old 04-27-2017, 10:03 PM   #65
kwav8r
Flyin NOE

Quote:
Sorry, gonna be a bit long winded here:

I am right on the border in McAllen/Mission/Edinburg area...I do sales in the oil patch (natural gas side / engines & compressors) and basically cover from Corpus Cristi over to Freer & south back home. My company is based in Alice. I drive 300-400+ miles a day in a company truck which tells the picture of why I get so little time in the A10.

Man, we are a really good scoot from one another & I had to look exactly where Lampasas was on the map!! My boy is up in the FW area going to TCU & my sister is in San Antonio. Both way closer to you...I live a long way from everywhere!!

You need to go to the TX Camaro Revolution next year in San Antonio (check the thread in the TX Regional section for pics)...I got in late Friday & didn't have the break in miles, but still had a blast. Missed all the track stuff but made some new friends & really enjoyed the Sunday cruise & meal before we all peeled off on our own ways. I'll do the same next year even if I can't get off work Friday it was so much fun. Tough time for me as it's usually overhaul / Top End season right now.

This is my very first sports car as I've always needed a truck for the hunting / fishing, shooting, etc I do...having the company truck & getting the mortgage paid off opened the door for the timing / buy. Really elated with my dream car!! I would be in a GT350R right now if all the Ford dealerships didn't have ADM on them & understand why you shouldn't get that silver one. I'll never pay over sticker. Start doing some research or ask for advice on dealers from ZL1 buyers with history. ONLY DEAL with someone who you want to give your $$$ too...period!! I honestly never even thought of a Camaro, but was looking at Hellcats (didn't have the handling I was looking for) & Vette's while out of town just to see and told the sales guy I just can't get into these cars, I like it, but they don't fit me. He asked if I heard about the new ZL1 with this same ZO6 LT4 being dropped in it & that lead me to a test drive in an SS, then to here on camaro6 & into my ZL1. The owner of the local Chevy dealer is a life long friend & my deal was painless, but I actually learned way more about the allocation / build / pre-order from camaro6 & they get as much credit or I wouldn't have put in the pre-order in time.

Anyway, don't beat yourself up too bad...you simply jumped on too late as the window of 17's was really small for everyone. A bunch of guys if you go back & look kept having their build dates pushed back due to capacity / supply chain issues (mostly of the A10 capacity output I think) Many, many folks were really frustrated and they started early. I worked in Mexico for 15 year and made wire harnesses and electronic sub-assemblies from everything to DeWALT tools, to Harley Davidson switches to medical to consumer. My stuff is easy too make, but trust me when I say it was HARD for my end customer to go from "approved for production to full capacity in short order" I mean really hard & never once not seen it go exactly as wanted be it a cordless recip saw, much less a high performance vehicle. I'm most certain GM, their supply chain & customers who wanted one wishes they could have made & sold 10x the amount of 17's they did. After all, that is goal. Just want to give you some perspective from 'my history' of the mfg side & also from what I recall from myself here on the forum and others even when we jumped in early.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions or can help, but again...I'm new to the game & just glad Ford was greedy or I wouldn't be in a what I feel is a better car for me. Not taking anything away from the 350R, I just really dig this ZL1. Funny how things work out. I would rather have an 18 & what I wanted than being in a buyers remorse wishing I purchased a different car.

Paul
PM'd you
Old 04-27-2017, 10:37 PM   #66
Hawk397
Sparky

Drives: 2017 50th Coupe / 2017 ZL1
They're no longer taking orders - but what is the last week of actual production for 17's?
Hawk397 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 12:00 AM   #67
Smuuth

Drives: 2017 Hyper Blue Metallic ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk397 View Post
They're no longer taking orders - but what is the last week of actual production for 17's?
Becky D. posted this earlier:

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showpo...ostcount=41006
Smuuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 12:11 AM   #68
Hawk397
Sparky

Drives: 2017 50th Coupe / 2017 ZL1
Thanks Smuuth,

According to my dealer (I'm going by to put a down-payment tomorrow) the car I want is supposed to be built next week. I hope they're right!
Hawk397 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 01:20 AM   #69
mdmoore23

Drives: 2017 ZL1
Folks remember, if you want a 2017 ZL1 it's not over. The fact that you can no longer order one doesn't mean all is lost. They will continue to trickle in to dealers over the next month or 2. I'm waiting on a dealer ordered a10 right now that's at 3400.
mdmoore23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 05:36 AM   #70
HyperBlueX2

Drives: '22 Silverado 2500HD Duramax LTZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
He also doesn't need people attacking his credibility like it's their job...

Many outlets quote him off-the-record, which is so stupid...and then people on forums take it as gospel, or don't have the context to understand what he meant. The guy can't have a simple conversation without worrying about his words being misquoted online....

I don't envy that part of his job...

So, consider that sometimes..people on the forum coming to his aid might just "get it."

Well said....