#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Member Car Journals

Phastek Performance

Old 09-26-2021, 10:59 AM   #15
Malbjey

Drives: 2022 Kia Stinger GT2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deesiel678 View Post

Worth the trip. Not only for the Tail, but there are many other surrounding roads within a 1-2hr radius that are equally as good, if not better (due to less traffic). Lots of scenic views as well.

I was fairly set on VW MQB platform. Before I traded my Focus ST for the Camaro, I actually tried to trade it in for a VW GTI about a year prior but they wouldn't give me the amount I wanted for my trade. I've liked them for awhile. In hindsight I'm glad it didn't work out otherwise I probably wouldn't have ever owned the Camaro.
This time around I considered a used Golf R, used Audi S3, 2021 GTI, and 2021 GLI. All MQB. Went with the GLI due to additional back seat space and slightly more modern technology compared to the others.

Yep I'll keep the Tail on my bucket list. Just need to convince the fiance that we need a trip down there hahaha.

Curious if there was a reason you didn't consider the Civic Si? Anytime a think sport compact car that's my first thought, lol. You plan on tuning your GLI? Is that why you wanted the VM MOB platform?
Malbjey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2021, 03:33 PM   #16
Deesiel678

Drives: 2018 1LS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malbjey View Post
Yep I'll keep the Tail on my bucket list. Just need to convince the fiance that we need a trip down there hahaha.

Curious if there was a reason you didn't consider the Civic Si? Anytime a think sport compact car that's my first thought, lol. You plan on tuning your GLI? Is that why you wanted the VM MOB platform?
I just don't care as much for the 10 gen Civic Si. In my opinion the GTI/GLI's feel like a more upscale car than the Si (even though they really aren't).

One of the reasons I like the GTI/GLI's so much is because of how well they respond to tuning, so YES, eventually I will tune it. So far I just have a set of aftermarket wheels and mild suspension mods (lowering springs, camber/caster plates, roll center correction, front subframe deadset kit).