Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Phastek Performance

Old 03-21-2019, 05:52 AM   #15
PRAY

Drives: 2016 2SS
There are only a few of us going fast and setting records. Most people have moved on from the Forums and use FB or IG. Local dyno tuning is a thing of the past. Remote tuning has proven itself over and over and over again. The greatest benefit is if you are A8. Having your own software and WB are invaluable. Being able to make the necessary changes at the necessary times are priceless.
Old 03-21-2019, 06:49 AM   #16
Umbriel

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
I'd definitely use Pray to tune, he is tuning mine right now and everything is going great. Just waiting on my final tune from him after installing his custom cam and converter. Car runs really well already and just sent him the data logs with wideband to fine tune it. His cars are setting records left and right at the moment.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Umbriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 11:38 AM   #17
GreatWhiteLT

Drives: 2016 Silver Ice Metallic SS
I think i might contact CSP this afternoon to ask some questions. They're only an hour and 10 minutes away from my house, I am just worried about after the install will I have issues driving the car over an hour with the headers installed because I've seen people say don't do WOT driving and certain other things without a tune first which I would be driving to them to get. Thanks again everyone for the responses!
GreatWhiteLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 11:45 AM   #18
6spdhyperblue

Drives: 6th gen
U can lead a horse to water...
I would want someone that really understands engines
Old 03-21-2019, 11:46 AM   #19
GreatWhiteLT

Hey Pray, if i did go with the remote tuning option, which I have heard nothing but amazing things about your work, how many credit would i need if i got HPtuners? I have a 2016 A8. Like i said earlier i want to add more performance but the car is my DD but i do take it to the track a couple of times during the season. I just like the idea more of remote tuning because if something does happen I don't want to have to tow the car or limp it to my tuner who is going to be an hour + away from me.
Old 03-21-2019, 12:30 PM   #20
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
one thing nice about dyno tuning is not going to jail. tune is finished in a few hours not a week. Yes having the equipment is nice. I actually bought the MPVI2 so I will never have to buy the credits for my car again. Im still taking it to CSP for my E85 tune and a new 93 tune. Right now im tuned for 93 with sct but for some reason my old tuner and even sct cant turn off the skip shift on my car. My old tuner also hates E85 so Im going to go to CSP to get my HP 93/E85 tune.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1

Last edited by JCunningham; 03-21-2019 at 12:58 PM.
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 01:21 PM   #21
GreatWhiteLT

Yeah definitely don't want to go to jail for doing something stupid on the street lol
Old 03-21-2019, 04:47 PM   #22
17Blk1LE

Drives: 2017 Black Camaro SS 1lE
Quick question Great White. If you live in Jersey how are you going to pass inspection with the headers?
17Blk1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 05:12 PM   #23
GreatWhiteLT

I know people who live in my area that have them. A buddy of mine had catless down pipes on his WRX and passed emissions and SMOG. I might have to bite the bullet and buy cat connections but would rather not so we'll see how it works out
Old 03-21-2019, 05:29 PM   #24
17Blk1LE

Drives: 2017 Black Camaro SS 1lE
That is reason why I have not put headers on. Freakin liberal state of NY have you by the ⚽️⚾️��
17Blk1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 10:45 PM   #25
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
never had a problem in ny with lt headers. i do have high flow cats though. just go in and ask the shops if they care as long as you have cats.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 08:21 AM   #26
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
95% of Dyno shops are all about making horsepower on the Dyno and not making the car faster on the street or track. And yes there is a big difference. CSP is in the 5% range from what I have seen.

Pray, GPI, or Rick Clark would be my choices for tuning for those not close to a good Dy shop. I did a bit of my own tuning on my bolt-on combo with the help of Pray and the car was running amazing. I chose to get my Whipple setup Dyno tuned by a "reputable shop", and I should of just had it tuned remotely. There are a lot of areas not addressed in the tune that is limiting the potential even though the WOT fueling and timing is correct and it made decent power. The torque based parameters were not touched and that leaves a ton of performance on the table. little street tuning was done post dyno. These places bank on the customer not understanding tuning or simply knowing any better. First thing I did was fire HPt up and went out logging to see the tuners work and it was half complete.

Moral of the story, choose your tuner wisely.
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 08:45 AM   #27
GuywithL86

Drives: Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLT1 View Post
95% of Dyno shops are all about making horsepower on the Dyno and not making the car faster on the street or track. And yes there is a big difference. CSP is in the 5% range from what I have seen.

Pray, GPI, or Rick Clark would be my choices for tuning for those not close to a good Dy shop. I did a bit of my own tuning on my bolt-on combo with the help of Pray and the car was running amazing. I chose to get my Whipple setup Dyno tuned by a "reputable shop", and I should of just had it tuned remotely. There are a lot of areas not addressed in the tune that is limiting the potential even though the WOT fueling and timing is correct and it made decent power. The torque based parameters were not touched and that leaves a ton of performance on the table. little street tuning was done post dyno. These places bank on the customer not understanding tuning or simply knowing any better. First thing I did was fire HPt up and went out logging to see the tuners work and it was half complete.

Moral of the story, choose your tuner wisely.
I’d write endless scathing reviews from multiple IP addresses if I paid to have my car tuned and they only tuned open loop.
GuywithL86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 09:39 AM   #28
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuywithL86 View Post
I’d write endless scathing reviews from multiple IP addresses if I paid to have my car tuned and they only tuned open loop.
Right...I am definitely not thrilled about it.
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote