Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 03-22-2019, 06:20 PM   #1
2out2sea

Drives: 2018 hyper blue ZL1 1LE
X pipe

Having my 18 zle modded by vengeance next month. Adding coated kooks with green cats, weaponx p&p blower, 103tb, rotofab big gulp and tune, etc. I like the npp and I am not interested in increasing the noise level. I have heard an arh full set up and it was too loud for my taste. Same with a full kooks catless set up. Too loud.

Is there an x pipe available that has a set of mufflers? I wouldn't mind adding an axle back later, but not at the expense of crazy db levels. I'm actually worried about the noise level with lt headers even with npp and green cats. Any ideas?
2out2sea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 06:35 PM   #2
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Drives: Fast
Kooks makes a straight X pipe that necks to 2.5" in the back to connect seamlessly with the stock NPP exhaust behind the rear axle. Stock NPP + Green cats is as quiet as you're going to get Headers to be on these cars without welding in something like a Borla 60608 muffler/resonator. I don't know what power you're going for but you want as little restriction as possible for power and temps. Nature of the beast.

This is something you should just ask Vengeance. Ron or David are who I've dealt with and they've always been extremely helpful and responsive.
Can'tHave2MuchHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 12:12 AM   #3
Liquidstone

Drives: 2018 ZL11LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2out2sea View Post
Having my 18 zle modded by vengeance next month. Adding coated kooks with green cats, weaponx p&p blower, 103tb, rotofab big gulp and tune, etc. I like the npp and I am not interested in increasing the noise level. I have heard an arh full set up and it was too loud for my taste. Same with a full kooks catless set up. Too loud.

Is there an x pipe available that has a set of mufflers? I wouldn't mind adding an axle back later, but not at the expense of crazy db levels. I'm actually worried about the noise level with lt headers even with npp and green cats. Any ideas?
Why dont ypu fo with kooks green cats to AWE connecting pipes (secondary cat delete) to there resonated tour catback system .....
Liquidstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 10:03 PM   #4
2out2sea

Trying to keep things quiet without killing power. I like the npp, but concerned about restrictions. Was wanting a resonated or muffled mid pipe so that I could easily add an axle back later. Will likely stay with the coated kooks and green cats for now. I will add a cat back system later. I just figured it would be easy to do an axle back swap vs a full cat back on my quick jacks.
Old 03-24-2019, 09:43 AM   #5
RDBill
902HP 858TQ

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10
I have kooks with green cats and it's only slightly louder than the stock setup. It was really hard to tell unless you have stock one next to you to compare it to. The X-pipe and stock muffler is not restrictive. You're not going to pick up any significant power by changing the X pipe or muffler unless you're making big power
RDBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 02:23 PM   #6
VAZL1

Drives: 17 ZL1
I run kooks 2" with high flow cats to stock x-pipe and muffler. Its most certainly louder but not obnoxious at all. I wouldn't waste my money on an x-pipe or replace the crushed section unless your shooting for 800 + rwhp.
Old 03-24-2019, 03:28 PM   #7
2out2sea

Thanks for the heads up guys. I am not shooting for big power. Just going through the bolt ons to see where she ends up. There's plenty of power now, I just can't leave well enough alone!
Old 03-25-2019, 12:46 AM   #8
Liquidstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2out2sea View Post
Thanks for the heads up guys. I am not shooting for big power. Just going through the bolt ons to see where she ends up. There's plenty of power now, I just can't leave well enough alone!
I think we all need to attend Horsepower anonymous.
Old 03-25-2019, 05:23 AM   #9
Zigg L1

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Garnet Red Tintcoat A10
Yes I agree HP anonymous is needed. These forums dont help i just keep buying stuff. The more i read the more i buy. I need help!! Can't stop!! Lol
Zigg L1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 05:45 PM   #10
VAZL1

Drives: 17 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zigg L1 View Post
Yes I agree HP anonymous is needed. These forums dont help i just keep buying stuff. The more i read the more i buy. I need help!! Can't stop!! Lol

so true...
Old 03-25-2019, 06:15 PM   #11
DangerZL1

Drives: 2023 Black ZL1 Auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by VAZL1 View Post
so true...
It’s s twelve step program, but 11 of those steps require installing more go fast goodies.
DangerZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 08:56 PM   #12
guapo
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2017 50th Camaro LT2/RS
for a axle back with x pipe that would rid the system of the factory trash can contact SOLO performance out on NY. they have single out or dual. Not too loud until you go WOT then it is....
Old 03-27-2019, 03:22 AM   #13
Liquidstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerZL1 View Post
It’s s twelve step program, but 11 of those steps require installing more go fast goodies.
Step 1 - Realize you have a problem spending money
Step 2 - Realize that you dont have enough HP
Step 3 - Realize that you need to buy more car stuff
Step 4 - Realize that you have no more money in the bank till pay day
Step 5 - you credit to buy what you want cause the money is coming in right
Step 6 - Realize that you can trade you car in for the latest one
Step 7 - Start to figure out a way to obtain new vehicle
Step 8 - Secretly check out vehicle and tell wife you just looking and not to worry
Step 9 - Payday
Step 10 - Trade car in and drive away with new one feeling top of the world\
Step 11- Begin at step 1