Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 03-22-2019, 07:04 PM   #183
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
No worries about the traction issue 85!! It will take some time to get used to driving one but after you figure what you can do with the car and what the car can do for you then everything is good. I am getting adjusted to driving mine after 3 weeks and still keeping the traction control on and not pushing it too hard. It really will be a beast compared to the V6 you have now but it will get easier the more seat time you have. I came from SS to a Z and it’s like driving the SS but when you push the gas pedal the supercharger kicks in and takes off like a rocket.
Old 03-22-2019, 07:17 PM   #184
Camarolover85
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Quote:
Originally Posted by LT1Greg View Post
No worries about the traction issue 85!! It will take some time to get used to driving one but after you figure what you can do with the car and what the car can do for you then everything is good. I am getting adjusted to driving mine after 3 weeks and still keeping the traction control on and not pushing it too hard. It really will be a beast compared to the V6 you have now but it will get easier the more seat time you have. I came from SS to a Z and it’s like driving the SS but when you push the gas pedal the supercharger kicks in and takes off like a rocket.
Thanks! Found a 19’ at a dealership, they will NOT let me test drive. I’m going to check out a 2SS because it’s a crazy deal right now. Between tires, insurance and the power I’m just feeling a little uneasy about it. If they make me the deal of the century I may jump. There’s always mods!!
Camarolover85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 07:53 PM   #185
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
Yes most dealers won’t let you do a test drive but if you sign the sales contract then they will let you drive one. It sucks but that’s the way it is. Going to a 2SS is not a bad idea either. I enjoyed my 2016 but when I saw my ZL1 on cars.com ad I was ready to buy the Z. I was probably going to buy one in a couple of years anyway or maybe a SS 1LE. Check out the SS 1LE too as it is a good track car as compared to the regular SS. And the SS 1LE will take mods well and really looks better than the SS IMO!
Old 03-22-2019, 07:57 PM   #186
Camarolover85
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT1Greg View Post
Yes most dealers won’t let you do a test drive but if you sign the sales contract then they will let you drive one. It sucks but that’s the way it is. Going to a 2SS is not a bad idea either. I enjoyed my 2016 but when I saw my ZL1 on cars.com ad I was ready to buy the Z. I was probably going to buy one in a couple of years anyway or maybe a SS 1LE. Check out the SS 1LE too as it is a good track car as compared to the regular SS. And the SS 1LE will take mods well and really looks better than the SS IMO!
Can’t blame you! I test drove the SS, fun car and the NPP sounds fantastic on track mode. They don’t have any 1LE’s here for 18’s. Just the one and I’m only looking because it’s 39K from 48K. It’ll all depend on what they figure out with my lease. I have a car to drive home either way, so I’m fine.
Old 03-22-2019, 08:00 PM   #187
Scottyz
2019 ZL1 1LE MY GOON

Drives: 1980 Z28 Big Red.
I love the SS1LE rims. Like I may buy a set for my ZL1 1LE if it ever arrives
Scottyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 08:03 PM   #188
Camarolover85
Account Suspended

Yup, this won’t happen. Somehow they’re making the price 55k with my lease. Lol going home.
Old 03-22-2019, 08:27 PM   #189
DANACO

Drives: 18 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarolover85 View Post
Yup, this won’t happen. Somehow they’re making the price 55k with my lease. Lol going home.
Are you dealing with Stevenson in Lakewood ? That’s where I bought mine, they’re pretty tough on price, I got a good deal at the time, last April, guess I’m a little sensitive right now with all the deals I’m seeing now, oh well such as life !
DANACO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 08:50 PM   #190
Camarolover85
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by DANACO View Post
Are you dealing with Stevenson in Lakewood ? That’s where I bought mine, they’re pretty tough on price, I got a good deal at the time, last April, guess I’m a little sensitive right now with all the deals I’m seeing now, oh well such as life !
Lol bingo!! That’s hilarious. He shows me the sheet and I just said, “I guess you don’t want to sell this car” and left lol. He claims they can’t buy out the car because GM won’t let them. Then gives me the sheet that shows the payoff amount for them to buy out the car. They just don’t WANT to lol, I have already talked to GM as well, I know they can. They tried to take the easy way out by rolling in what was left on my lease and somehow came up with 55K with a GM supplier discount and the car being 8K off. Literally the worst deal I’ve ever been presented with, he should have just said, “this won’t work” and gave me my keys lol. That was embarrassing.

They can roll over the remaining, purchase as a payoff or market price. They went the roll over the remaining part, oh well. I got to see a ZL1 up close so that was worth it.

Last edited by Camarolover85; 03-22-2019 at 09:08 PM.
Old 03-22-2019, 10:45 PM   #191
kttxz06

Drives: '18 Zl1. '18 GT350.
Quote:

$55k for what? NM. Just caught up on the thread.

I thought GM was having some insane deals for March right now?
Old 03-22-2019, 10:51 PM   #192
Camarolover85
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by kttxz06 View Post
$55k for what? NM. Just caught up on the thread.

I thought GM was having some insane deals for March right now?
They are! I owe like a bit over a year on me lease and was debating between waiting for a ZL1 and buying a 2SS so I went and looked at one marked at 40-41 and they came with a purchase price of 55K. I was like, wtf? That was the deal you’re going to offer me? Lmao. Sure, let me pay you 7K over original sticker price for a car selling for 41K.
Old 03-23-2019, 12:53 AM   #193
dozier53

Drives: 2017 camaro 2ss
I actually went in to negotiate on a 2ss1le or a blue zl1 but they were both at one of their other locations. They offered me 30k for my 2ss with 5500 miles. I decided it wasn’t worth it just to get the 1le. I left and told them I wasn’t going to do it, two days later they called me back and told me they would make a deal on the 2018 zl1 in yellow on their show room floor. After going back and fourth they offered me 35500 for my trade in and 54500 for the yellow one. So I took it, and the savings on the z washed all of my negative equity on my trade.
dozier53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 08:02 AM   #194
Camarolover85
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by dozier53 View Post
I actually went in to negotiate on a 2ss1le or a blue zl1 but they were both at one of their other locations. They offered me 30k for my 2ss with 5500 miles. I decided it wasn’t worth it just to get the 1le. I left and told them I wasn’t going to do it, two days later they called me back and told me they would make a deal on the 2018 zl1 in yellow on their show room floor. After going back and fourth they offered me 35500 for my trade in and 54500 for the yellow one. So I took it, and the savings on the z washed all of my negative equity on my trade.
That’s a sweet deal!! They essentially wanted me to give them my 2017 for free. I’d be responsible for all payments remaining and they would graciously take the car in mint condition with 12K miles on it and turn around and sell it easily for 21-23K and pay GM the 16,180 they’re owed and take home a tidy 5-7K profit. I won’t go back even if he calls, I don’t appreciate being lied to.
Old 03-23-2019, 09:55 AM   #195
Realist

Drives: No Camaro :(
Quote:
That’s a sweet deal!! They essentially wanted me to give them my 2017 for free. I’d be responsible for all payments remaining and they would graciously take the car in mint condition with 12K miles on it and turn around and sell it easily for 21-23K and pay GM the 16,180 they’re owed and take home a tidy 5-7K profit. I won’t go back even if he calls, I don’t appreciate being lied to.
Personally I think you should ride your lease out and look for the deals next year. Better to have no trade so you can see the real numbers. Even if you have to rent a car for a month or so. Residuals on Camaros are terrible, I wouldn’t plan on leasing a ZL1 unless you can write it off or don’t plan on having longer then 3 years.
Realist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 10:57 AM   #196
Camarolover85
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realist View Post
Personally I think you should ride your lease out and look for the deals next year. Better to have no trade so you can see the real numbers. Even if you have to rent a car for a month or so. Residuals on Camaros are terrible, I wouldn’t plan on leasing a ZL1 unless you can write it off or don’t plan on having longer then 3 years.
Yeah, feels like my only option unfortunately. If I buy the ZL1 it will be financed and I will keep it. I don’t make money like some people on here haha. I can’t buy 100K cars every other year. It’ll be a keeper! Whether it’s a ZL1 or SS.