Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 03-22-2019, 10:16 AM   #29
GreatWhiteLT

Drives: 2016 Silver Ice Metallic SS
I've heard and talked to CSP yesterday and they were very helpful with information in regards to tuning and issues i could run into so major props to them! I'll be contacting another shop in NJ to ask questions about the CATS and keep everyone updated. Thanks again for all the responses!
GreatWhiteLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 11:00 AM   #30
Wazzupi

Drives: Chevrolet camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCunningham View Post
one thing nice about dyno tuning is not going to jail. tune is finished in a few hours not a week. Yes having the equipment is nice. I actually bought the MPVI2 so I will never have to buy the credits for my car again. Im still taking it to CSP for my E85 tune and a new 93 tune. Right now im tuned for 93 with sct but for some reason my old tuner and even sct cant turn off the skip shift on my car. My old tuner also hates E85 so Im going to go to CSP to get my HP 93/E85 tune.
Why would one go to jail for remote tuning ??
Wazzupi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 11:10 AM   #31
Puddin

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Hes probably referring to some of the speeds you have to get to during remote tuning and risking getting ticketed or worse depending on the cop.
Puddin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 11:23 AM   #32
GreatWhiteLT

Yeah cops in NJ don't mess around. Some will let 5 mph slide some will write you all kinds of tickets for anything they can. Already have no front plate and limo tint on the car so *knock on wood* haven't had an issue yet since putting in on the car almost a year ago

Last edited by GreatWhiteLT; 03-22-2019 at 11:26 AM. Reason: Fixed response
Old 03-22-2019, 11:53 AM   #33
GuywithL86

Drives: Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatWhiteLT View Post
Yeah cops in NJ don't mess around. Some will let 5 mph slide some will write you all kinds of tickets for anything they can. Already have no front plate and limo tint on the car so *knock on wood* haven't had an issue yet since putting in on the car almost a year ago
That’s literally never happened to me and I’ve been pulled over atleast 50 times in various highly modified vehicles. I’ve been driving with a lead foot all over south jersey for 20 years now.

I used to take the plates off my bike and take it out for high speed runs at 2am, did this twice a week for atleast a year. Philly to AC and Back in 40 mins. Indicated 165 the entire way. Slowed down to 120 for the tolls.
GuywithL86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 12:29 PM   #34
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wazzupi View Post
Why would one go to jail for remote tuning ??
speeding. My 1st truck 12 6.2l supercharged. I did a street tune with the tuner. I passed a trooper going 103mph. he must have been busy though. If you can find a spot that you dont have to worry about other people getting in the way street tuning with a wide band in both banks is great. I do also agree alot of shops with dynos just do wide open hp gains and cant do drivability unless they also do a street tune witch they usually just do with narrow band. im not anti street tune. if done with the wide bands and the time is taken to do it right its the best tune you can do. its just dont be putting others lives at risk on your back 2 lane. 20mph over gets you in jail in ny.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 08:24 PM   #35
Wazzupi

Drives: Chevrolet camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCunningham View Post
speeding. My 1st truck 12 6.2l supercharged. I did a street tune with the tuner. I passed a trooper going 103mph. he must have been busy though. If you can find a spot that you dont have to worry about other people getting in the way street tuning with a wide band in both banks is great. I do also agree alot of shops with dynos just do wide open hp gains and cant do drivability unless they also do a street tune witch they usually just do with narrow band. im not anti street tune. if done with the wide bands and the time is taken to do it right its the best tune you can do. its just dont be putting others lives at risk on your back 2 lane. 20mph over gets you in jail in ny.
Everyone in miami would be thrown in jail i suppose except for some old geezers.
Wazzupi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 10:25 PM   #36
JCunningham

i should say 20 over is the law to put you in jail. never heard of anyone actually being put in jail for it.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
Old 03-23-2019, 07:38 AM   #37
GuywithL86

Drives: Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wazzupi View Post
Everyone in miami would be thrown in jail i suppose except for some old geezers.
Damn miami is that strict? Was just there and was doing some performance testing of my rental 450hp rental navigator.
GuywithL86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 08:09 AM   #38
Puddin

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
It depends on the cop that pulls you over at the time in Texas I guess. I got popped for doing 104 in a 50 and all I got was just a general speeding ticket and he bumped my speed up so I wasn't doubling the speed limit. Guess he was just having a really good day. Ticket did end up being 300 bucks though.
Puddin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 10:11 AM   #39
JCunningham

go to 28.50
Old 03-24-2019, 12:32 PM   #40
GreatWhiteLT

I watched the video and watched the timestamo you mentioned, while I do think remote tuning definitely works I think I am going with getting tuned at a shop. That way I have a concrete place to go when I have issues or want a re tune
Old 03-24-2019, 01:45 PM   #41
PRAY

Drives: 2016 2SS
I guess since I have spent hundreds and hundreds of hrs dialing in all of my N/A combos I don't feel I personally need a dyno any more. We are not recreating the wheel here any more. Not once have I gained more than 5rw on any of my N/A tunes over my initial remote tune. I always suggest a WB to every customer. The engine isn't the part that gives people fits. It's shift points. Rarely are two cars the same and rarely do people run the same tires on the street and track. Look around at who has all the N/A A8 records. Good luck at the track with your dyno tune.
Old 03-24-2019, 07:12 PM   #42
GreatWhiteLT

This car is more a street car maybe a couple sessions at Atco Raceway, it’s still going to be a month or two before everything is installed due to travel so not everything is out the door yet. I feel like I would need to learn more about remote tuning to be 100% on board with it, spend about 30 minutes speaking with someone from HorsePower Addicts who answered a bunch of questions and made me feel more comfortable about it, like I said with it being mostly a street car and daily driver I’m about reliability BUT when I put my foot down the mods I have/will be putting on are at the max reliable potential and I can have fun with