Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 12-05-2017, 04:22 PM   #29
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruebernard View Post
It’s all about perspective. Try treating fellow Camaro owners with a little more respect.
How do you respect someone who calls a massive screwup a “mistake”?

I respect the OP because I feel terrible for him.

You OTOH sound like a car salesman.
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 04:28 PM   #30
Ruebernard

Drives: 2017 GRT 2SS/RS M6 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastball View Post
How do you respect someone who calls a massive screwup a “mistake”?

I respect the OP because I feel terrible for him.

You OTOH sound like a car salesman.

Far from a car salesman....just somebody willing to give someone a break and not crucify someone who made a mistake.

And you sound like someone who has anger issues.
Old 12-05-2017, 05:28 PM   #31
lt4camaro

Drives: 2021 LT1 10 speed auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavsine View Post
I have a 1LT with a different differential so I don't have experience with this but for you SS guys, why are you being charged at all for a fluid change if your car is under warranty and horrible noises are emanating from the rear end?
If you have a manual trans 1LT, you have the same limited slip rear end.

If you read the OP's post, his rear didn't moan until the dealer put in the wrong oil. That is a maintenance service, not a warrantee claim. That alone shouldn't hurt the rear, drain and install the correct oil with a little extra additive will straighten the moan out. Been there, done that.
lt4camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 05:40 PM   #32
Lerch98

Drives: 2017 2SS black on black on black.
The dealer screwed up and should not charge for the initial #### up.

Only the medical industry is such a racket that they can totally #### you up and still get paid.

As said before, this is why I do my own service. There is no excuse for putting the wrong fluid in. Total incompetence, and the dealers review shroud reflect that. They either do not pay their mechanics well, and or do not have sufficient training.
Lerch98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 08:15 PM   #33
NSLRedHot

Drives: 2016 SS Red Hot
My thought on getting refunded for the initial rear diff fluid replacement was that now that is has a completely new rear diff, I will need to exchange the fluid once again after taking it to the track. I shouldn't have to pay for that twice when it was their error that caused this situation. Of course, I should probably do the fluid exchange myself!!!

Remember to be nice to each other here on this forum. We are all on the same team!!!
NSLRedHot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 08:36 PM   #34
JaxChris

Drives: '16 2SS GD1 MX0 NPP F55 IO6
Misread thread title. Thought it say "By", not "My".
JaxChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 07:24 AM   #35
Ruebernard

Drives: 2017 GRT 2SS/RS M6 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxChris View Post
Misread thread title. Thought it say "By", not "My".
Old 12-06-2017, 07:33 AM   #36
fastball
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lerch98 View Post

Only the medical industry is such a racket that they can totally #### you up and still get paid.

As said before, this is why I do my own service. There is no excuse for putting the wrong fluid in. Total incompetence, and the dealers review shroud reflect that. They either do not pay their mechanics well, and or do not have sufficient training.
Exactly.
Old 12-06-2017, 07:44 AM   #37
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lerch98 View Post

And/Or...they expect their technicians to rush and do the job quicker than the cost. If the job takes an hour according to GM, and the dealer charges the customer for that hour...they're free to speed it up into a half-hour, and profit the rest. VERY simple example, but I've seen it happens.

And when you're rushed - you miss things...especially if there are multiple fluids for the car and/or changes in fluid types over time. I'm not defending the situation as acceptable, just to be clear...this is ridiculous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSLRedHot View Post
My thought on getting refunded for the initial rear diff fluid replacement was that now that is has a completely new rear diff, I will need to exchange the fluid once again after taking it to the track. I shouldn't have to pay for that twice when it was their error that caused this situation. Of course, I should probably do the fluid exchange myself!!!
It's really not hard to do...a floor jack and a stand will get you under there, the holes are relatively easy to access - and you can get a really nice $20 hand pump to put the fluid in.

That said - they DID replace the diff...if I were you, I'd at least push for one free fluid change so you aren't out any money for their mistake...if you trust them to do it right.

A lot of times, some dealers will have a tech that specializes in working on Corvettes and Camaros. I try to request this guy, and now the dealer I usually go to just knows....I wait a bit longer, but I don't mind.
Old 12-06-2017, 07:55 AM   #38
Bluecyclone

Drives: 2014 Cyclone mustang
I am seeing a shortage in younger ASE certified tech's across the country. My own searching shows this as I consult with my partners and sponsor's in the field. Shout out to BMR suspension!

Last edited by Bluecyclone; 12-06-2017 at 07:57 AM. Reason: add on
Bluecyclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 08:05 AM   #39
germanicus

Drives: Pony Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSLRedHot View Post

Remember to be nice to each other here on this forum. We are all on the same team!!!
Not really. They need to provide restitution to put you in the same position had there not been an error. Make you whole.

Replacing the differential with one of similar condition and fresh fluid should accomplish that.
germanicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 09:48 AM   #40
fastball
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
A lot of times, some dealers will have a tech that specializes in working on Corvettes and Camaros. I try to request this guy, and now the dealer I usually go to just knows....I wait a bit longer, but I don't mind.
This should be SOP at every Chevrolet dealership. In fact, all dealers should have a specific, separate department of the dealer for Corvette/Camaro only.

Camaro and Corvette customers are different from standard Chevy customers.
Old 12-06-2017, 10:03 AM   #41
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
I changed the diff fluid myself and used the AC delco stuff with additive. Guess what, it groans on cold days for the first couple turns. Oh well.
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 11:56 AM   #42
Lafourche1

Drives: 2019 CLA 450 Mercedes
Quote:
Originally Posted by germanicus View Post
Not really. They need to provide restitution to put you in the same position had there not been an error. Make you whole.

Replacing the differential with one of similar condition and fresh fluid should accomplish that.
Are you saying the dealership should get paid for not performing the correct service. Just to be clear, the OP's contract with the dealer was to change the rear differential fluid with the correct fluid. This the dealer clearly did not do and they admitted this. I think it is completely unethical to ask for payment, on the dealership's part. They failed to perform the correct, contracted service. Furthermore, this failure to perform, on the part of the dealership, led to a failure of the part and further inconvenience on the part of the OP.

I would start with talking to the GM of the dealership. I think that the dealership should be offering XX free oil / fluid changes, as fair compensation for the inconvenience to the OP. I would make that request verbally, then in writing, possibly using certified mail. If the dealership did not make an offer that I was happy with, I would then move up the chain with GM to ensure that this incident was properly reported.
Lafourche1 is offline   Reply With Quote