Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 03-11-2014, 07:33 AM   #29
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
...without argument, an interview was conducted with Fitz as I believe almost a year or so ago where this topic point was discussed in question format about the next Gen, it was stated it would be evolutionary, rather than evolutionary...it's reserachable....
---------------- ---------------

Isn't it the same thing ?
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 09:01 AM   #30
68vert

Drives: 2010 SIM SS/RS, 1968 RS convertible
Sounds sorta comparable to the 1st gen. The 69 has all new sheetmetal, but some people still get them confused with the 67/68 because the overall shape is similar.

Looking forward to the new design! Ill get one if it comes in Laguna Blue.
Old 03-11-2014, 09:53 AM   #31
soldierhulk86
shake n bake!

Drives: 2013 Convertible Camaro 2LT RS V6
I'm looking forward to seeing this and hopefully getting one. I got my fingers crossed that it keeps it's mean/aggressive look!
soldierhulk86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 09:59 AM   #32
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Pretty cool to finally see more magazine information (more like speculation) on the next gen Camaro. I love this stuff lol.

I wouldn't put a ton of stock into this though...its hard to say right now what might happen, but it all sounds reasonable to me.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, but I pray that Chevy keeps the "muscle" in this muscle car. Don't go soft on us like Ford did with the Mustang. Make the hood look muscular, keep the shoulders in the rear, and give it an attractive/aggressive front fascia. Give us another car that looks like nothing else on the road....not a sporty version of your family car (ahem...Fusion Mustang)

I have no doubt the car will be lighter and a blast to drive.

I have to admit...I'm almost afraid I'm going to like the car too much and then I'll have to find a way to convince the wife I need one of these lol. If I hate it, then I can just keep my current car which I love lol.
Old 03-11-2014, 10:13 AM   #33
TastyBake

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT/RS Black
Lighter means faster.
TastyBake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 10:35 AM   #34
serows1

Drives: Blue Ray 2SS
Hopefully they don't screw it up like Ford did with the Mustang, I'm not a fan of the new design. It looks too much like a Fusion.

Paul
serows1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 10:44 AM   #35
Blackdevil77

Drives: 2008 Pontiac G8 GT, Shelby GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TastyBake View Post
Lighter means faster.
It means faster, better handling, better braking, better fuel economy, better EVERYTHING!

I'm willing to bet the Camaro SS is gonna get the new LT1 engine. It's very efficient and powerful. I also bet GM is gonna make an LT2 or something like that to put into the C7 Vette which would give it a bit of a power bump in 2016. Similarly to what they did with the C6 going from the LS2 to the LS3. That should keep the Camaro from running to closely with the C7
Blackdevil77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 11:39 AM   #36
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Someone would post it, might as well be me....................

v
v
v
v
v
v

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel3391_Rs View Post
I pray to the camaro gods that they don't use the transformer concept going around

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddoggyusa View Post
sounds like it's similar to the C5 to C6 downsizing theme with conservative styling changes
Agreed. The 5th Gen was a tad disappointing how big it was when I first saw it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverlsinva View Post
So who is getting fired for talking about the 6th gen Camaro or letting a blabber mouth see it first so he can talk about it. I for one hope it is revolutionary not evolutionary everyone loves the 5th gen look and everyone freaked when they tweaked it with the 14 model year refresh and that was a bit evolutionary refresh. I hope its more revolutionary with past Camaro cues. Let the great 5th gen design stay unsullied in our minds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Chief View Post
Seriously that would be embarrassing...for Mustang fans. The fewer on the road the better. It looks like a Fusion coupe. What a dog.

If it does sell well it'll only mean there's alot of people who will buy anything with a pony stamped on it.

Agree 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
...without argument, an interview was conducted with Fitz as I believe almost a year or so ago where this topic point was discussed in question format about the next Gen, it was stated it would be evolutionary, rather than evolutionary...it's reserachable....

Quote:
Originally Posted by TastyBake View Post
Lighter means faster.
Old 03-11-2014, 12:25 PM   #37
Abomb1223

Drives: 2011 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by serows1 View Post
Hopefully they don't screw it up like Ford did with the Mustang, I'm not a fan of the new design. It looks too much like a Fusion.

Paul
Not sure if you have seen the new mustang in person, but it was one bad mamajama ... it looks amazing
Abomb1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 12:27 PM   #38
Xp0gam3r

Drives: '15 2SS 1LE; '10 2LT RS
If you think about it, the transformers 4 Camaro looks like the final product of the 6th gen, IN THE SENSE THAT, they slow are making us adapt to the modifications done in the '14+.

They changed the tail lights and the front fascia to make it slimmer looking.

We hated it, but most of us got over it.

Next... they just change the front end, maybe sides a bit and keep the new tail lights.

In other words:

STEP 1: Take 10-13 Camaro, change tail lights and slim the front fascia
STEP 2: Minor modifications to tail lights and drastic front end change + minor body modifications
STEP 3: 6th Gen

I really hope that I'm wrong, but we wont find out till we see it
Xp0gam3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 12:31 PM   #39
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abomb1223 View Post
Not sure if you have seen the new mustang in person, but it was one bad mamajama ... it looks amazing
Looks like hell in pictures. Sometimes it happens that way. Some look better in pictures an some look better in person.
Old 03-11-2014, 12:47 PM   #40
grkjet

Drives: 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia/2022 LT1 otw
I happen to like the transformers 4 edition camaro and I expect the 6th gen to look similar to it with minor changes just as we did with the 5th gen.
grkjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 12:57 PM   #41
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
I don't necessarily expect the next gen Camaro to look like the TF4 Camaro, but that said I don't hate the TF4 Camaro. I hate the big huge mouth on the front, but thats an easy fix.

I actually like the rear on the TF4 Camaro. Its similar to the 2014 rear, but just done better in my opinion. Besides the low/rear scoop, the side is basically the same.

I could see them altering/slimming up the Camaro a bit more from the TF4 version to production and running with it.

Do I think thats what they will do? No. I have no clue.
Old 03-11-2014, 01:12 PM   #42
Wizard1183

Drives: ABM SS2/RS M6
Send a message via Yahoo to Wizard1183
The front end will def be more aerodynamic. So the headlights on that TF4 should be close to what will be available. Im not digging the wide open mouth on the lower facia either. IMO the top portion should be larger more centrical for lack of a beter word. Im sure it'll be a nice product evolutionized, but I dont think it'll look as good as a 5ht gen imo. Defintely faster and lighter. Im sure if thats what you want, then you'll love it. But if youre going to get one, I wouldnt necessarily say a 6th gen is "better" than a 5th gen...

Life is short, drive it like you stole it!
Wizard1183 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2016 camaro, 2016 camaro forum, 2016 camaro forums, 2016 chevrolet camaro, 2016 chevy camaro, 2017 camaro, 2017 chevy camaro, 6 gen camaro, 6th gen camaro, 6th gen camaro forum, 6th gen camaro forums, 6th gen camaro info, 6th gen camaro news, 6th gen camaro rumors, 6th gen chevrolet camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro forum, 6th generation camaro, 6th generation camaro info, 6th generation camaro news, 6th generation camaro rumors, 6th generation chevy camaro, camaro 6th gen, camaro 6th generation