Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance - Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 08-26-2018, 05:36 PM   #1
1LEASYE

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Best outdoor, waterproof car cover

I do not have a garage and due to the layout of my house, I cannot have a car port so my 1LE will be exposed to the elements.

I am looking for the best outdoor car cover that will fit over the front end splitter and is water proof (if there is a threat of snow, I have my parent's and sister 's houses nearby that have garages that I can store the car for a short period of time)

What sites sell the best fitting, outdoor, water proof car covers for the 6th gens?
Old 08-28-2018, 06:42 PM   #2
Gen5Maro

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
No good outdoor cover will be waterproof. You want them to be water resistant so that the majority of rain rolls off but condensation can still evaporate through otherwise you can end up with mold under the cover.

I suggest considering a custom fit Covercraft Noah. I have one for my 5th gen and a friend has one for his sixth and they both fit really well, complete coverage and close to the body so they don't flap around. I'll see if I can get you a pic of the cover on the 6th gen. I wouldn't be surprised if there were members on here that have the Noah for their 6th gen and could toss up a pic too. It's fairly popular.

I do recommend you read about the pros and cons of car covers before comitting to a purchase though. This site sums it up pretty well: https://www.theartofcleanliness.com/...r-cover-guide/
Gen5Maro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 09:31 PM   #3
1LEASYE

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Thanks for link, I'm going to do some additional research on the cover craft noahs.

Thus far I thought my biggest problem would be protecting the hood wrap or the brake dust as far as keeping the 1LE clean but actually the grill catches more shit than I thought given my findings on the 1LEs common upkeep problems
Old 09-24-2018, 08:05 AM   #4
classicrockr
Pills are for Pansies

Drives: 2023 2SS Red Hot Vert Camaro
I'm looking for a cover also. Where I work, they paint ships & occasionally theres a fine overspray floating around. I just want something to protect it from the overspray.
classicrockr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 08:34 AM   #5
MP3BOOSTED

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE (F1A-94 FBO H/C)
I bought a car cover for my 1LE from Chevymall, it can rain, snow and still not touch under the car cover. Although for saftey reasons the trunk part of it likes to sit on the car cover for a while so when it stops raining i get a towel and throw the water thats sitting on itt off the car so when it drys we are good to go just note the car will be dusty when you remove the car cover.
Performance Mods: F1A-94, DSX Flex Fuel Kit, MSD Spark Plug Wires, KOOK 2" off road headers, MBRP Race catback exhaust, Pray Performance Custom Boost Cam, Rocker Arm Trunion Upgrade Kit, 7.850" Hardened Chromemoly Length Pushrods and Johnson Racing 2110R Lifters, TSP CNC'd Heads, Ported MSD intake manifold, 103mm Katech Throttle body, Forged Pistons/Rods, RPM Meth kit, DSX Aux Fuel system, AEM Failsafe and banks gauge, LT4 HPFP, LT4 injectors, BMR motor mounts, Hurst Short Throw, Manley SS exhaust valves

Videos of my car? Check here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNi...Qy1OL4NVGlPogw
MP3BOOSTED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 02:19 PM   #6
Hulkamaniac
Livin' the Dream

Drives: '23 Charger GT, '23 Stingray
DO NOT use a car cover if your car is parked outside on the long term.

Dust and dirt get under it and act like sand paper when the wind blows.

Short term, like while at work, is OK. Just make sure to shake out your cover or wash it occasionally.

Rent a 10×20 storage locker. I do and keep my car covered inside it. I use a NOAH 4-Layer Indoor/Outdoor cover.

Below was my Stingray.

All my Camaro's got the same treatment.

There's a waterproof tarp covering the floor as a moisture barrier and to prevent the concrete from dry rotting the tires.
Attached Images

Hulkamaniac is offline   Reply With Quote