Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

AWE Tuning

Old 08-17-2018, 04:24 AM   #29
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJP View Post
Is your HUD Crooked?
Nope.
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 06:13 AM   #30
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
Anyone else notice the PDR only records for about an hour and a half before shutting off? Something like 450MB or so, I forget the actual threshold.

When I take the car out it's usually for a few hours at a time, turn on the PDR for dash cam work and noticed it won't record the whole trip. I have to watch the time and restart the PDR to try and record the entire time the car is being used.

Old 08-17-2018, 07:55 AM   #31
Dave-ROR

Drives: A few
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost Creep View Post
Anyone else notice the PDR only records for about an hour and a half before shutting off? Something like 450MB or so, I forget the actual threshold.

When I take the car out it's usually for a few hours at a time, turn on the PDR for dash cam work and noticed it won't record the whole trip. I have to watch the time and restart the PDR to try and record the entire time the car is being used.

Yeah IIRC it's limit is 99 minutes.
HPDE/DD: 2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE || HPDE/DD: 2015 Subaru BRZ ||Tow Vehicle: 2004 GMC Sierra 2500 8.1L || Weekend toy: 1994 MR2 Turbo || The other weekend toy: 1993 MR2 Turbo || Track car: 1998 Integra Type-R || Race car: 1996 Integra GS-R || New race car build: 1992 Honda Civic Hatchback

Too many cars.. never.
Dave-ROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 12:25 PM   #32
mjk3888
"M1SS1LE"

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by R3ctivision View Post
I'd say yes. It's cheap for what it is if you are into performance driving. Aftermarket telemetry is $$$. However, the image quality is very circa-2010 quality. That's fine I guess, the data for learning is more important.

I never use it on the street as a dash cam. More likely to incriminate myself than anyone else LOL
Quote:
lol
I've thought of that.
Something happens, accident I witness, and I hand over my SD card to the police, they have a blast calculating all my violations and forget why they have the card to begin with.
Change video overlay to "None" when daily dash camming.
Old 08-17-2018, 12:28 PM   #33
Boost Creep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjk3888 View Post
Change video overlay to "None" when daily dash camming.
but I like looking at the arcade graphics.
Old 08-17-2018, 12:52 PM   #34
mbnwa

Drives: 18 NGM ZL1 1LE
Quote:

The issue here is that due to the SD card being formatted as FAT32 and not using exFat, with FAT32 the max file size is 4GB so when your PDR records about 105 minuets of video on a single session you hit the max file size and the recording stops, it's a pain but unless we get an update form GM or it's partners to support exFat in the PDR that is the limit that will be imposed due to the filesystem they elected to use.
17' Camaro 2SS A8 Vert Upgrades: Pray MSD IM/95mm TB/E85/Tune / Roto-fab CAI / GM Dark Taillights / LED Turn's with VLED Resisters / LED Reverse Lights / JWM Side Markers / Factory UQT PDR (CTS-V) / BMR DSL, MM010 / TSP 1 7/8 / Front Camera / Eyebrow Harness / Elite Engineering E2-X / AEM Wideband with Aeroforce single pod / HD Radio / OnStar Delete / RPM Roll Bar
mbnwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 02:56 PM   #35
USAFS197

Drives: 2018 Audi TT RS
Man, that is the first time I have ever heard of folks not liking the HUD. The HUD, to me, is one of the best features about these cars. I absolutely love it and can't imagine my car or the driving experience without it.

Granted, more on topic, I don't have PDR. I couldn't justify paying for that when there are no tracks within any reasonable distance from me, not even drag strips (though I loathe drag racing).
About as fast as the TT RS
2019 Camaro ZL1 1LE
Sold
2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Sold
2019 Corvette Z06
Sold
2021 Charger Hellcat Redeye Widebody
Sold
USAFS197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 03:28 PM   #36
Boost Creep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave-ROR
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbnwa View Post
The issue here is that due to the SD card being formatted as FAT32 and not using exFat, with FAT32 the max file size is 4GB so when your PDR records about 105 minuets of video on a single session you hit the max file size and the recording stops, it's a pain but unless we get an update form GM or it's partners to support exFat in the PDR that is the limit that will be imposed due to the filesystem they elected to use.
Thanks.
At first I thought it was something not set up correct, or I screwed up something, then I noticed the pattern of the limited file size but couldn't find anywhere in the control to make any adjustment.
Old 08-21-2018, 10:58 AM   #37
FlashBang23

Drives: 2017 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by USAFS197 View Post
Man, that is the first time I have ever heard of folks not liking the HUD. The HUD, to me, is one of the best features about these cars. I absolutely love it and can't imagine my car or the driving experience without it.

Granted, more on topic, I don't have PDR. I couldn't justify paying for that when there are no tracks within any reasonable distance from me, not even drag strips (though I loathe drag racing).
same here on the HUD, love not having to look down to see my speed and the RPMs/Gs/shift lights are just cool to have. Often catch myself pulling way more Gs hitting on/off ramps than i should LOL
Old 08-24-2018, 05:12 PM   #38
R.C. Collins

Drives: 2017 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave-ROR View Post
I have a 128gb micro SD card (in an SD adapter), and i've gotten 2+hr recordings. I never tried it beyond that, but it's had over 800 minutes of recording time available.
R.C. Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 05:27 AM   #39
MJP

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1LE Summit White
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunkk View Post
Nope.

Would it be possible for you to post an image of your HUD display in relation to your Dash and stirring wheel?
Showing all three?
My Hud is canted over.. It's not correct. It's not level at all.
It looks like it was just tossed on the windshield.
I went back to the dealership, myself, and the Service advisor went out and looked at two other Camaro's with Hud Displays.
Both were all over the place as well.
We sat in the two different Corvettes.
Both were perfectly lined up.
I've found three things so far with my new SS Camaro.
GM Doesn't care about the Hud when it comes to the Camaro.
GM Doesn't care about the paint on the Camaro.
The Water Temp Gauge on our Camaro does not work.
The Water Temp gauge goes directly up to one certain degree within sixty seconds after starting the car.
It doesn't move from that spot at all.
It doesn't mater if it's 95 degrees sitting in traffic. It doesn't matter if the A\C On.
It doesn't matter if you're cruising peacefully on a winter months at 40 degrees on a back road.
She locks on and sticks at one spot.
My Motorcycle temp gauge goes all over the place up and down.
The Temp gauge in my Tacoma does the same.
I know exactly when the Fan will come on with my Hayabusa and Tacoma.
When I'm driving home slow on my gravel road, the Suzuki and Tacoma both jump right up past 200 degrees.. The Fan starts running full blast and I can see her cool down on the gauge.
MJP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 06:29 AM   #40
Boost Creep

Quote:
Would it be possible for you to post an image of your HUD display in relation to your Dash and stirring wheel?
Showing all three?
My Hud is canted over.. It's not correct. It's not level at all.
It looks like it was just tossed on the windshield.
I went back to the dealership, myself, and the Service advisor went out and looked at two other Camaro's with Hud Displays.
Both were all over the place as well.
We sat in the two different Corvettes.
Both were perfectly lined up.
I've found three things so far with my new SS Camaro.
GM Doesn't care about the Hud when it comes to the Camaro.
GM Doesn't care about the paint on the Camaro.
The Water Temp Gauge on our Camaro does not work.
The Water Temp gauge goes directly up to one certain degree within sixty seconds after starting the car.
It doesn't move from that spot at all.
It doesn't mater if it's 95 degrees sitting in traffic. It doesn't matter if the A\C On.
It doesn't matter if you're cruising peacefully on a winter months at 40 degrees on a back road.
She locks on and sticks at one spot.
My Motorcycle temp gauge goes all over the place up and down.
The Temp gauge in my Tacoma does the same.
I know exactly when the Fan will come on with my Hayabusa and Tacoma.
When I'm driving home slow on my gravel road, the Suzuki and Tacoma both jump right up past 200 degrees.. The Fan starts running full blast and I can see her cool down on the gauge.
The temp gauge has always bothered me.
Jumps up moments after start, goes right to "operating" temp within a couple minutes, and really never moves.
Like an analog idiot light.

Is the cooling system that effective that it can maintain nearly steady operating temp?
Or is the gauge a placebo for the driver to let him think the temp is okay no matter what?

Love to see what a 160° thermostat and fan tuning would do to the gauge readout.

That's the one thing I miss from the C6, the cluster was accurate, display and readout.
Looking at the gauges you knew exactly what mph, rpm you were going, the oil pressure to the psi, temp to the degree, how many gallons of gas you had left, and voltage if that mattered.

Camaro instruments are very vague.
Old 09-01-2018, 05:25 AM   #41
MJP

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1LE Summit White
Quote:

That's the one thing I miss from the C6, the cluster was accurate, display and readout.
Looking at the gauges you knew exactly what mph, rpm you were going, the oil pressure to the psi, temp to the degree, how many gallons of gas you had left, and voltage if that mattered.

Camaro instruments are very vague.

Same here. My Vert C6 had accurate gauges.

If I started the car up. Ten days of sitting. The Volt Meter showed it.
Sometimes below 10V.

The Water Temp took several minutes of me crawling down my gravel road before she started to climb up.

Do you think all of the readouts are inaccurate, just idiot lights?
My water gauge in my SS hits home and stays there no matter what the conditions are.
I'm thinking the same thing...
At least the Speedometer and Odometer are Correct.... Hopefully.
MJP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 06:59 AM   #42
Boost Creep

Quote:
Same here. My Vert C6 had accurate gauges.

If I started the car up. Ten days of sitting. The Volt Meter showed it.
Sometimes below 10V.

The Water Temp took several minutes of me crawling down my gravel road before she started to climb up.

Do you think all of the readouts are inaccurate, just idiot lights?
My water gauge in my SS hits home and stays there no matter what the conditions are.
I'm thinking the same thing...
At least the Speedometer and Odometer are Correct.... Hopefully.
I would love to hook up a decent scan tool and actually monitor what the coolant temp is doing while driving, see if it is pretty steady like the gauge seems to tell us. Or does the temp fluctuate from 195° to 220° during normal driving and the gauge is telling us, "you're fine, don't worry about it" since it's within normal operation range.

As far as the other gauges.

Oil pressure seems to be somewhat accurate. Moves with engine operation. Higher when cold, lower when hot. Read out is rather vague, but still something to look at while driving.

Gas gauge seems accurate. Annoying that it drops down almost instantly after you fill up, but this is from decades of me being use to gas gauges staying at full for a while. Again rather vague readout vs the C6 that seemed to have a line on the gauge that matched each gallon of gas you had left.

Voltmeter. Ha. Seems to have a mind of it's own. Goes up to what I would think is normal charging voltage whenever it wants, but for the most part it look like it's sitting at 13v, not much more than static battery voltage. What I did notice is, after sitting for two weeks due to poor weather on my driving days, when I did get the car out the voltmeter spent a lot of time over 14v. I guess recharging the battery from the extended down time.

Engine temp. Ok I guess. Still the scaling seems tight.

Trans temp is the same, tight scaling with vague-ish readout.

The second oil pressure gauge, why we need two different oil pressure gauges I'll never understand, is no more accurate or easier to decipher than the normal oil pressure gauge.

Tachometer. Seems fine. Once again, very little gauge details as far as scale.

Speedo. Same thing. Seems accurate, just no line for each mph like the accuracy of the C6 cluster.

Though the Camaro cluster is much better than the C7 corvette. The C7 may have better screen display options, but the actual gauges suck. Speedo is pointless below 80mph, and they chose an actual fuel gauge over a physical tachometer. The two physical gauges are speedo and fuel, where the camaro had speedo and tach, if left to choose, I pick tach over fuel.

Again, this is just me being spoiled by what I thought was an excellent instrument cluster in the C6. I could tell the water temp within a few degrees of actual as shown by a Dashhawk. All cluster readings were accurate and you knew what each one said almost to the degree.