Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-26-2021, 10:15 AM   #29
juice3

Drives: 19 ZLE A10,17 SS 1LE, 16 C7R,CT5V
if anyone bought one of these and did not install it yet, I would pay a premium to get a hold of one.
juice3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2022, 12:33 PM   #30
juice3

Drives: 19 ZLE A10,17 SS 1LE, 16 C7R,CT5V
After all this time, mine is going in today!
juice3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2022, 12:52 PM   #31
AZ_1LE

Drives: 2019 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by juice3 View Post
After all this time, mine is going in today!
Let me know how it goes, I'm strongly considering getting one to be able to run in the heat here in Phoenix.
AZ_1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2022, 01:03 PM   #32
Bangkok_ZL1
ZL1 Believer

Drives: 2019 Camaro ZL1
I might have to look into this, I’m taking care of cooling everything else. Wonderful post OP.
Bangkok_ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2022, 11:59 PM   #33
FrostZ

Drives: 2019 A10 ZL1
I highly recommended the oil cooler, I followed a few members advice on parts / installation procedures and couldn't be happier. As travislambert demonstrated, a 50F drop in temps could be achieved and I saw very similar results in all temperature scenarios. I have never passed 235F since the install using a Mishimoto sandwich plate with a 180F thermostat. I highly recommended this to anyone desiring a meaningful way to control oil temps.
Old 06-02-2022, 12:44 PM   #34
Bangkok_ZL1
ZL1 Believer

Drives: 2019 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostZ View Post
I highly recommended the oil cooler, I followed a few members advice on parts / installation procedures and couldn't be happier. As travislambert demonstrated, a 50F drop in temps could be achieved and I saw very similar results in all temperature scenarios. I have never passed 235F since the install using a Mishimoto sandwich plate with a 180F thermostat. I highly recommended this to anyone desiring a meaningful way to control oil temps.
BTW, sort of off topic. I notice you have changed your Head Lamps/ I’m already very not happy with mine. They need to be brighter…. by a lot. How do you like yours over OEM?
Bangkok_ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 01:50 PM   #35
HD_ZLE

Drives: 2020 ZLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostZ View Post
How does the sandwich plate compare to the oil pan adaptor ? Do they function the same?
Old 06-03-2022, 01:17 AM   #36
FrostZ

Drives: 2019 A10 ZL1
A sandwich plate intercepts the oil flowing to the oil filter, when cold oil flows as normal. When the thermostat comes up to temp it diverts flow through the oil cooler before returning it to the filter and back to the engine. The oil pan adaptor would delete the factory "oil cooler" that ties into the coolant system. I cant speak to how it would function in comparison.
Old 03-28-2023, 09:33 AM   #37
Akura

Drives: ´18 ZL1 A10 Red Hot 😍
Quote:
Originally Posted by travislambert View Post
No, it's proven. I did the track testing for this C&R oil cooler / heat exchanger setup (In fact, the oil cooler was my idea I brought to C&R for them to build.)

No worries on the IATs if you upgrade the center cooler at the same time. I have lots of before and after data and there was no difference because the cooling in that circuit is more limited by the bricks in the supercharger than the front heat exchanger. If you want to test this theory, block the left cooler with cardboard and run on the track. (I did) You'll only see a few degrees difference in IAT2s. Once you upgrade the center cooler, you don't need the left aux cooler and it's still as good or better with respect to IAT2s.

The oil cooler is just amazing! I couldn't be happier with it. The temp drop is a minimum of 50 degrees. My thermostat in the Improved Racing sandwich plate is 212F, and for most of a track session my oil temps are bouncing off the thermostat. The highest oil temps I've ever seen since the install were in the 230s. Prior to the install I'd often see oil temps 290F+.

Here are some pics of my oil cooler install (and some other misc pics).
https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...vW?usp=sharing

FYI, I left the stock oil cooler (heater) in place. I originally planned to remove it, but after testing I realized the removal was unnecessary.

(I'm not affiliated with C&R Racing in any way. I'm just a very happy customer. Those guys are seriously talented engineers with some of the very best coolers available.)
Hi,

Did you experience difference with the oil pressure after installing the kit?

Thank you.

Akura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2023, 07:37 PM   #38
travislambert

Drives: '17 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akura View Post
Hi,

Did you experience difference with the oil pressure after installing the kit?

Thank you.
Yes, but it was not significant. We gathered before and after data which included oil pressure. I have scatter plots, etc. somewhere. From memory, the scatter plots were basically shifted down 1 - 2 psi.

2023 Camaro SS 1LE A10
2023 Camaro ZL1 1LE M6
2017 Camaro ZL1 M6
2016 Camaro SS M6 w/LT4 (Sold)
travislambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2023, 03:36 PM   #39
AZ_1LE

Enjuku has them for $399 right now, I bought it and it shipped same day - https://www.enjukuracing.com/product...-r-racing.html
Old 03-29-2023, 06:15 PM   #40
Akura

Drives: ´18 ZL1 A10 Red Hot 😍
Quote:
Yes, but it was not significant. We gathered before and after data which included oil pressure. I have scatter plots, etc. somewhere. From memory, the scatter plots were basically shifted down 1 - 2 psi.
Thank you

Akura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2023, 06:38 PM   #41
travislambert

Drives: '17 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ_1LE View Post
Enjuku has them for $399 right now, I bought it and it shipped same day - https://www.enjukuracing.com/product...-r-racing.html
That pricing doesn't make sense. That is well below C&R wholesale pricing. I hope that you were shipped a genuine unit. Make sure it has the PWR logo, not the old C&R logo they have pictured. There are very few genuine oil coolers of this style with the C&R logo in existence because they switched branding to PWR North America almost immediately after the product was released.

2023 Camaro SS 1LE A10
2023 Camaro ZL1 1LE M6
2017 Camaro ZL1 M6
2016 Camaro SS M6 w/LT4 (Sold)
travislambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2023, 09:18 PM   #42
AZ_1LE

Quote:
That pricing doesn't make sense. That is well below C&R wholesale pricing. I hope that you were shipped a genuine unit. Make sure it has the PWR logo, not the old C&R logo they have pictured. There are very few genuine oil coolers of this style with the C&R logo in existence because they switched branding to PWR North America almost immediately after the product was released.
I should have it saturday, I'll let you all know how it looks. From the tracking info, it's coming direct from C&R.