Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Regional Sections > USA - NY / NJ / PA

Phastek Performance

Old 09-10-2017, 10:37 PM   #71
10redrocket

Drives: 2SS Camaro LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by greg72982 View Post
Always liked the WS6, sweet car.

I thought we had to park with our group (novice, intermediate, etc.)?
They suggest that but its not required. I always park by the fence along the straight, put chairs in the grass.

Not going to make this one, I have to travel to Mississippi tomorrow.
Would be nice if someone posted pics, maybe a group pic. 5th and 6 gens together.

Past Rides: 69 Camaro RS Small Block
67 Chevelle SS Big Block
05 Cobalt SS Supercharged
07 Cobalt SS Supercharged
10 Camaro 2SS LS3
Soon: 18 Camaro 2SS 1LE
10redrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 06:43 AM   #72
cdb95z28

Drives: 2022 1SS 1LE A10 BCD WCT+PDR
Quote:
Always liked the WS6, sweet car.

I thought we had to park with our group (novice, intermediate, etc.)?
I've never heard that, TNiA's are a pretty loose event.

Two more Gen5 1LE's will be there, Adam in his AGM and his dad in another SIM. Adam is crazy fast with minimal mods.

I like to park near the entrance to the grid somewhere just because I like to try and get first in line.
Old 09-11-2017, 06:45 AM   #73
cdb95z28

Some of you may have met Rick in a Garnet Red Gen 6 1LE, I saw him at Pitt Race yesterday, I was there for some autoX. He was running the 2 day PDE and he ran a 2:01, bone stock except alignment.
Old 09-11-2017, 05:14 PM   #74
Jastone

Drives: 98 TA, 10 Sierra, 17 XT5, 17 1le
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdb95z28 View Post

I like to park near the entrance to the grid somewhere just because I like to try and get first in line.
That's where I plan on parking too. Right near the grid entrance.

Quote:
Some of you may have met Rick in a Garnet Red Gen 6 1LE, I saw him at Pitt Race yesterday, I was there for some autoX. He was running the 2 day PDE and he ran a 2:01, bone stock except alignment.
I saw that car when I was there last time in June. Didn't get to see him run due to me being in Novice. Debrief time between sessions takes up all the time you have so you don't get much time to observe other on track activities.

2:01 is a really good time! I had 2:02's last time when I had clean track. I would LOVE to get sub 2:00 minute time. Don't know if I'll get the opportunity or not (weather, track conditions, or even my own desire /skill). I'm looking to just have a good time and have some fun!! I'll be in the lookout for everyone.

My car is prepped and ready to go. Hopefully the weather is great, the forecast looks promising at this point.
Old 09-11-2017, 08:25 PM   #75
greg72982

Drives: Black 2017 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdb95z28 View Post
I've never heard that, TNiA's are a pretty loose event.

Two more Gen5 1LE's will be there, Adam in his AGM and his dad in another SIM. Adam is crazy fast with minimal mods.

They talk about it in this video (about 1:21):

Is anyone else a little confused about the times? The SCCA website says one thing and Pitt Race says something else. The SCCA website says gates open at 2:00 (https://www.tracknightinamerica.com/...h-september-13) and the Novice mandatory meeting is at 2:45 yet on Pitt Race it says the event is 4:00-8:00 and doesn't give a breakdown. I may call them tomorrow to confirm.
Old 09-11-2017, 09:32 PM   #76
Jastone

Received this in an email last week:

Quote:
Hey Pitt Race Track Nighters,

Due to the early sunset, we have had to adjust the start time for the Sept. 13 Track Night event at the Pittsburgh International Race Complex. The event will now begin one hour earlier than normal with gates opening at 2:00, Novice meeting at 2:45 and on track sessions beginning at 3:00pm. The complete schedule is available here: https://www.tracknightinamerica.com/...h-september-13. Our apologies for the change, but we want to do our best to ensure that everyone gets their full track time in safe conditions.

See ya on Track!

Jack Track
Lead Factologist
Track Night in America Driven by Tire Rack
Will go with these times. Pitt Race probably just haven't updated their website. Better to be too early than too late. Always better to err on the side of caution.

And I've yet to see any type off parking coordination. I saw Novice cars in the Intermediate/ Advanced areas and vice versa. Not saying it isn't required, just saying I haven't seen it enforced.
Old 09-11-2017, 10:09 PM   #77
cdb95z28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jastone View Post

Will go with these times. Pitt Race probably just haven't updated their website. Better to be too early than too late. Always better to err on the side of caution.

And I've yet to see any type off parking coordination. I saw Novice cars in the Intermediate/ Advanced areas and vice versa. Not saying it isn't required, just saying I haven't seen it enforced.
On the parking, I have attended about 7 or 8 TNiA's at Pitt Race and have never, ever heard or read on SCCA's event info on anything about segregated parking. The only thing that has been mentioned about restricted parking is if Pitt Race has certain areas of the paddock restricted for reserved pit spots due to an event coming in the following day.
Old 09-12-2017, 09:51 PM   #78
greg72982

Quote:

Thanks for posting that. I ended up getting a different one but it said for novice drivers to arrive at 2:00. That's good to know about the parking then, maybe some tracks require it...
Old 09-13-2017, 06:37 AM   #79
Chez

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Thanks for posting that. I ended up getting a different one but it said for novice drivers to arrive at 2:00. That's good to know about the parking then, maybe some tracks require it...
I think the idea is to keep the novice drivers near the garage for briefings. There is a "novice paddock" on the map they hand out, but like others have said, it is more of a suggestion.
Old 09-13-2017, 09:02 PM   #80
Jastone

Chad, Matt,

I was good to meet you guys. Both you guys had sweet rides for sure! I had a great time speaking to you two. Track nights always seem to be fast paced (guess because of the given time frame). Wished I could spoke more you guys, maybe next time. Once I get the PDR downloaded I'll post it. Nothing earth shattering or record breaking. For me, the track seem to have less grip than the last time I was there. Probably due to the sun and higher temps. Last session when the clouds came out is when I had my best times but had more traffic in that session. If you have vids post em up! Would love to see different lines and perspectives. Thanks again, I'll be heading back for sure, just don't when right now. Will have to look at the schedule. If any of you know of events happening at Pitt Race or anywhere else in the region, let me know.

Last edited by Jastone; 09-14-2017 at 12:29 PM.
Jastone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 09:30 PM   #81
travislambert

Drives: '17 ZL1
I really wish I could have been there today. Unfortunately, I had a work obligation.

I'll be there on Friday for the PDE.
travislambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 10:32 PM   #82
greg72982

Quote:
Chaz, Matt,

I was good to meet you guys. Both you guys had sweet rides for sure! I had a great time speaking to you two. Track nights always seem to be fast paced (guess because of the given time frame). Wished I could spoke more you guys, maybe next time. Once I get the PDR downloaded I'll post it. Nothing earth shattering or record breaking. For me, the track seem to have less grip than the last time I was there. Probably due to the sun and higher temps. Last session when the clouds came out is when I had my best times but had more traffic in that session. If you have vids post em up! Would love to see different lines and perspectives. Thanks again, I'll be heading back for sure, just don't when right now. Will have to look at the schedule. If any of you know of events happening at Pitt Race or anywhere else in the region, let me know.
I saw you guys. I meant to come over but seems like each time I was about to you had already went out or were about to. I definitely wasn't trying to be anti social though. That whole thing is new to me.

I must be really slow. Not to sound snobbish but lesser cars were catching up and passing me pretty easily. I know the driver is important but I can't be that bad can I? I wondered if they were all truly novices though. I also wasn't trying to be too hard on my car so I may have been a little conservative.

There were also a lot of cars, particularly on the first session. It made it seem a little crowded.

All in all I'm glad I tried it but I don't know that it's for me. At least not with this car. It seemed a little too abusive to the car for my liking although I think it did really well. Mine isn't quite a garage queen but I do baby it somewhat haha.
Old 09-14-2017, 08:46 AM   #83
RXtacy

Drives: 93 RX-7, 17 SS 1LE, 04 RX-8
Quote:
Chaz, Matt,

I will be attending with a group on 10/16. I ran with the same group in August and it was a GREAT event. They cap it at 30 cars total and you have the whole track all day ~8:30-5. More seat time than most people even want

Here is the link if anyone is interested.
https://www.motorsportreg.com/events...e-compl-156929

Quote:
I saw you guys. I meant to come over but seems like each time I was about to you had already went out or were about to. I definitely wasn't trying to be anti social though. That whole thing is new to me.

I must be really slow. Not to sound snobbish but lesser cars were catching up and passing me pretty easily. I know the driver is important but I can't be that bad can I? I wondered if they were all truly novices though. I also wasn't trying to be too hard on my car so I may have been a little conservative.

There were also a lot of cars, particularly on the first session. It made it seem a little crowded.

All in all I'm glad I tried it but I don't know that it's for me. At least not with this car. It seemed a little too abusive to the car for my liking although I think it did really well. Mine isn't quite a garage queen but I do baby it somewhat haha.
If you end up going to another event I would recommend getting a ridealong with an instructor. It will give you a feel for how much more there is. It will probably feel down right brutal to you
RXtacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 06:06 PM   #84
Chez

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Chad, Matt,

Good meeting you as well. That 1LE is awesome! Hopefully see everyone there next year.