Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Regional Sections > USA - NY / NJ / PA

AWE Tuning

Old 09-14-2017, 06:13 PM   #85
Chez

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by greg72982 View Post
I saw you guys. I meant to come over but seems like each time I was about to you had already went out or were about to. I definitely wasn't trying to be anti social though. That whole thing is new to me.

I must be really slow. Not to sound snobbish but lesser cars were catching up and passing me pretty easily. I know the driver is important but I can't be that bad can I? I wondered if they were all truly novices though. I also wasn't trying to be too hard on my car so I may have been a little conservative.

There were also a lot of cars, particularly on the first session. It made it seem a little crowded.

All in all I'm glad I tried it but I don't know that it's for me. At least not with this car. It seemed a little too abusive to the car for my liking although I think it did really well. Mine isn't quite a garage queen but I do baby it somewhat haha.
I agree with RXtacy. Instruction makes a HUGE difference and will make for a much better experience.

I believe there are still a few events left this year, even going until mid-October.
Old 09-14-2017, 09:54 PM   #86
cdb95z28

Drives: 2022 1SS 1LE A10 BCD WCT+PDR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jastone View Post
Chad, Matt,

I was good to meet you guys. Both you guys had sweet rides for sure! I had a great time speaking to you two. Track nights always seem to be fast paced (guess because of the given time frame). Wished I could spoke more you guys, maybe next time. Once I get the PDR downloaded I'll post it. Nothing earth shattering or record breaking. For me, the track seem to have less grip than the last time I was there. Probably due to the sun and higher temps. Last session when the clouds came out is when I had my best times but had more traffic in that session. If you have vids post em up! Would love to see different lines and perspectives. Thanks again, I'll be heading back for sure, just don't when right now. Will have to look at the schedule. If any of you know of events happening at Pitt Race or anywhere else in the region, let me know.
Good to meet you to, Jason. Prior to session 1 my buddy and I stopped to look at the blue M2 parked next to you, and I was looking at your 1LE, and I thought damn, the white looks awesome. And since I had seat time in it before you bought it, I kinda dig seeing it on the track, where all 1LE's deserve to be! Yeah, I was sliding around in places that I believe I do well in. I laid down my best time in session 3 also, it was about 5 degrees cooler (maybe more) than the previous sessions. I ran a new personal best, 2:01.61. Damn, traffic was still tight in our group!

Quote:
I saw you guys. I meant to come over but seems like each time I was about to you had already went out or were about to. I definitely wasn't trying to be anti social though. That whole thing is new to me.

I must be really slow. Not to sound snobbish but lesser cars were catching up and passing me pretty easily. I know the driver is important but I can't be that bad can I? I wondered if they were all truly novices though. I also wasn't trying to be too hard on my car so I may have been a little conservative.

There were also a lot of cars, particularly on the first session. It made it seem a little crowded.

All in all I'm glad I tried it but I don't know that it's for me. At least not with this car. It seemed a little too abusive to the car for my liking although I think it did really well. Mine isn't quite a garage queen but I do baby it somewhat haha.
I saw your black SS, damn nice! Were you the couple that asked a Pitt Race worker where the TNiA check in was, and he wasn't sure? I overheard that and sent someone over to the garage. I later saw possibly the same woman in your car, lol. There is lots to learn on this road racing stuff, it'll start to click for you, as others have mentioned getting seat time with an instructor is huge! You've got an outstanding hot rod for this stuff, so study videos and ask questions, the biggest difference between similar cars is the driver. My buddy Adam who was in the gray Gen 5 1LE parked next to me does not have alot of mods, (less mods than I do) but he is always 2-3 seconds faster than I am.

I always say there is a fine line between hard runnin' and abuse. I have over 700+ miles of track time on my '14 1LE. The car just turned 20,000 miles on my way to the track yesterday. It has not missed a beat, and I am running it pretty hard, but not as hard as Adam, lol.

Well, maybe one problem, I had trouble downshifting it into third gear a few times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chez View Post
Good meeting you as well. That 1LE is awesome! Hopefully see everyone there next year.
Matt, good to see you again, I do not think I've seen any V6 Gen 5 Camaros at the track, that just goes to show awesome your car is. Nice and light too!

Last edited by cdb95z28; 09-14-2017 at 09:56 PM. Reason: spelling!
cdb95z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 09:18 PM   #87
travislambert

Drives: '17 ZL1
I attended the PittRace PDE today. It was only the North course, but I ended up enjoying that much more than I thought I would. You get twice as many laps per session which gives you more chances to get a good lap time.

I ran at least one 1:08 lap and several 1:09s.

Matt was out on the track with me today. Holy crap that guy is fast. If he had SS badges on his car, nobody would know the difference. I certainly have more respect for the V6s after seeing what he's able to do with his.
travislambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 09:48 AM   #88
Jastone

Drives: 98 TA, 10 Sierra, 17 XT5, 17 1le
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdb95z28 View Post
Good to meet you to, Jason. Prior to session 1 my buddy and I stopped to look at the blue M2 parked next to you, and I was looking at your 1LE, and I thought damn, the white looks awesome. And since I had seat time in it before you bought it, I kinda dig seeing it on the track, where all 1LE's deserve to be! Yeah, I was sliding around in places that I believe I do well in. I laid down my best time in session 3 also, it was about 5 degrees cooler (maybe more) than the previous sessions. I ran a new personal best, 2:01.61. Damn, traffic was still tight in our group!
That's a GREAT time!! I was actually 3-4 seconds slower this time out than I was last time. It was the last session after I got through some traffic, I'll have to look at the PDR for official time but it was 2:04 n change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by travislambert View Post

Matt was out on the track with me today. Holy crap that guy is fast. If he had SS badges on his car, nobody would know the difference. I certainly have more respect for the V6s after seeing what he's able to do with his.
Yes, that a FAST V6 for sure!! Gotta say, Matt you can really wheel that thing!!
Old 09-16-2017, 07:35 PM   #89
cdb95z28

I really do enjoy the North Track. I'm a rhythm driver, I need it to lay down good laps. I usually run my best times late in the day, after I get into the "groove". The fast laps of the North Track makes it easy to get into a nice pace, IMHO. I watched Matt's video of the event also, yeah. he's knocking down great times. I need to follow him so I can learn something!

I mentioned Adam in the AGM Gen 5 1LE, he had run a 1:58.0 in session 3.
Old 09-16-2017, 07:41 PM   #90
travislambert

In case anyone is interested, here's a link to my PDR video from yesterday. If you notice me slow down for seemingly no reason a couple times, it was due to yellow flags.

https://youtu.be/PxJG3PHSWU8
Old 09-16-2017, 08:36 PM   #91
Chez

Thanks guys! It was a good day with nice weather and not a lot of drivers. Even went for ride in a SRT-10 Ram, which was effin hilarious and FAST.

Had fun trying to keep up with Travis, (didn't work out so well lol).

Still like the south track a bit better I think.
Old 09-16-2017, 08:39 PM   #92
Chez

Here is the video from Friday.

https://youtu.be/IilXIj2AQos
Old 09-17-2017, 11:56 PM   #93
greg72982

Drives: Black 2017 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdb95z28 View Post
I saw your black SS, damn nice! Were you the couple that asked a Pitt Race worker where the TNiA check in was, and he wasn't sure? I overheard that and sent someone over to the garage. I later saw possibly the same woman in your car, lol. There is lots to learn on this road racing stuff, it'll start to click for you, as others have mentioned getting seat time with an instructor is huge! You've got an outstanding hot rod for this stuff, so study videos and ask questions, the biggest difference between similar cars is the driver. My buddy Adam who was in the gray Gen 5 1LE parked next to me does not have alot of mods, (less mods than I do) but he is always 2-3 seconds faster than I am.

I always say there is a fine line between hard runnin' and abuse. I have over 700+ miles of track time on my '14 1LE. The car just turned 20,000 miles on my way to the track yesterday. It has not missed a beat, and I am running it pretty hard, but not as hard as Adam, lol.

Well, maybe one problem, I had trouble downshifting it into third gear a few times
!

Thank you very much for the car compliment. Now if only I could find it a better driver! Your car was very nice too, I like the silver with black wheels scheme. And how about that black 5th gen Z28?

I did ask someone about the sign up when I first got there but they directed me the right way. I thought they were actual employees though so maybe that wasn't me but my fiance was with me so maybe it was. That was actually a birthday gift to me though my birthday is in July.

I used active rev match so downshifting was not issue for me. God help me if I didn't have it. That whole experience really woke me up. I by no means thought I was some type of pro driver but I did expect to do a little better than I did.
Old 09-19-2017, 08:16 PM   #94
cdb95z28

Quote:
Thank you very much for the car compliment. Now if only I could find it a better driver! Your car was very nice too, I like the silver with black wheels scheme. And how about that black 5th gen Z28?

I did ask someone about the sign up when I first got there but they directed me the right way. I thought they were actual employees though so maybe that wasn't me but my fiance was with me so maybe it was. That was actually a birthday gift to me though my birthday is in July.

I used active rev match so downshifting was not issue for me. God help me if I didn't have it. That whole experience really woke me up. I by no means thought I was some type of pro driver but I did expect to do a little better than I did.
LOL, Thanks, I love black but I do not have the time or patience to keep it clean! The owner of the black Z is from Monroeville, it has some motor work done and he runs Hoosier R7's. He runs 1:56's.

With road racing, there are many opportunities to not get it right. Having an instructor goes a long way. I've never had one for the South Track, and want to get one next year.

Having a lap timer like Harry's or Tack Addict can be valuable, you can compare your sessions and help ID where you need to improve. I like Harry's lap timer because is gives a wealth of data, while my buddy Marco (CarGuy11 on youtube) like Track Addict for his C7 Z51.

What were your tire pressures, cold and hot?

I will also say, that if a driver is not comfortable/relaxed, it is difficult to be fast. Any anxiety limits proper driving, because your senses are muted/distracted to the feedback of the car.
Old 09-20-2017, 08:47 PM   #95
travislambert

Anyone coming to the Chin Motorsports event this weekend?

I'll be there both days. It'd be awesome if some of you guys could make it.
Old 09-20-2017, 09:53 PM   #96
10redrocket

Drives: 2SS Camaro LS3
Quote:
Anyone coming to the Chin Motorsports event this weekend?

I'll be there both days. It'd be awesome if some of you guys could make it.
Where at?

Past Rides: 69 Camaro RS Small Block
67 Chevelle SS Big Block
05 Cobalt SS Supercharged
07 Cobalt SS Supercharged
10 Camaro 2SS LS3
Soon: 18 Camaro 2SS 1LE
10redrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 06:00 AM   #97
travislambert

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10redrocket View Post
Where at?
Pittsburgh International Race Complex
Old 09-21-2017, 05:49 PM   #98
10redrocket

Drives: 2SS Camaro LS3
Quote:
Pittsburgh International Race Complex
Damn, can't get in. Novice is booked. Could run solo but I've done that a few times already. Really wanted the instruction.

Past Rides: 69 Camaro RS Small Block
67 Chevelle SS Big Block
05 Cobalt SS Supercharged
07 Cobalt SS Supercharged
10 Camaro 2SS LS3
Soon: 18 Camaro 2SS 1LE
10redrocket is offline   Reply With Quote