Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

Phastek Performance

Old 11-11-2020, 11:42 AM   #1
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Drives: Fast if no one's looking
Power window roll UP with remote

When the 6th gen Camaro first hit the streets back in 2016, I remember seeing a video of someone who had done extensive software mangling to be able to use the remote to roll the windows up as well as down. As the car comes from the factory, you can only roll them down. Does anyone know of, remember, or have a source to that video or any other means of enabling window roll up with the remote? Other car companies do have that capability, and for some cars there are aftermarket modules you can install attaching to the factory door lock circuitry that will give you remote window operation. Just wondering who else knows about this.
Petrol Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 12:41 PM   #2
GTPprix
I hack cars.

Drives: Lots ;)
5th gen actually but still applies to 6th gen

Old 11-15-2020, 01:09 PM   #3
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Yes! How do I do this? Do I need to buy a module or any other components? I have a 2019 2SS 6 speed.

Also, I’d like to activate remote control for the moonroof as well. Or at least make the one touch auto-close active (it comes with the two detent switch but only opens via one-touch from the factory - you have to hold it to close it)

Thanks!
Old 01-03-2021, 09:20 PM   #4
Matt1LE

Drives: 2020 3LT Camaro 3.6L 1LE
I think they got ride of that option. My 2020 does not do it.
Matt1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 09:55 PM   #5
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt1LE View Post
Go into your vehicle operations menu. There’s an option to turn it on or off.
Old 01-03-2021, 10:02 PM   #6
NYblack1le

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
I’m pretty sure we can only roll them down. If I remember it was the same thing in my 5th gen as well. This might be a mod
NYblack1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 10:06 PM   #7
Msquared

Drives: Chevrolet SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYblack1le View Post
I’m pretty sure we can only roll them down.
I'm sure that's what Matt1LE meant. That's been my experience as well: I can remotely roll them down, but not up. First world problems, annoying.
Old 01-03-2021, 10:17 PM   #8
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Msquared View Post
I'm sure that's what Matt1LE meant. That's been my experience as well: I can remotely roll them down, but not up. First world problems, annoying.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrol Head View Post
When the 6th gen Camaro first hit the streets back in 2016, I remember seeing a video of someone who had done extensive software mangling to be able to use the remote to roll the windows up as well as down. As the car comes from the factory, you can only roll them down. Does anyone know of, remember, or have a source to that video or any other means of enabling window roll up with the remote? Other car companies do have that capability, and for some cars there are aftermarket modules you can install attaching to the factory door lock circuitry that will give you remote window operation. Just wondering who else knows about this.
Chris (GTPprix) can reprogram the BCM and toggle the flag to enable rolling the windows up as well, not just down. This means custom programming, of course, not something GM would acknowledge. See his site at https://www.whiteautoandmedia.com.

I think it must have been disabled for safety/liability reasons in the first place, to avoid lawsuits due to pinched fingers or crushed valuables. That said, the window motor should have a safety stop... maybe it isn't sensitive enough for finer objects, I don't know.

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 11:05 PM   #9
UnknownJinX

Drives: 19 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE Shock
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
I think it must have been disabled for safety/liability reasons in the first place, to avoid lawsuits due to pinched fingers or crushed valuables. That said, the window motor should have a safety stop... maybe it isn't sensitive enough for finer objects, I don't know.
Yeah, none of the cars I know can do roll up the windows remotely. On some cars, you could just use the keyhole to roll up the windows(turn, release, turn again and hold), but on the 6th Gen, the keyhole is hidden so it's not very useful.

It's definitely a mod to have the windows remotely roll up.

GM Performance Intake and that's it, because driver mods before car mods

Past:
2009 Mazda RX-8 GT M6 Velocity Red Mica (Sold)
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z51 2LT M7 Velocity Yellow Tintcoat (Flood totaled)
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 03:53 AM   #10
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt1LE View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
Chris (GTPprix) can reprogram the BCM and toggle the flag to enable rolling the windows up as well, not just down. This means custom programming, of course, not something GM would acknowledge. See his site at https://www.whiteautoandmedia.com.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownJinX View Post
Yeah, none of the cars I know can do roll up the windows remotely. On some cars, you could just use the keyhole to roll up the windows(turn, release, turn again and hold), but on the 6th Gen, the keyhole is hidden so it's not very useful.

It's definitely a mod to have the windows remotely roll up.
With BMW’s Comfort Access you can roll the windows up by pressing the access button on the door that locks/unlocks the car and hold the button down and it will roll the windows up. I’m sure the GM engineers could have done that easily with the Camaro’s door button.
Old 01-04-2021, 07:41 PM   #11
Plasar

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Vert M6
Unhappy TopDownTech Window Valet 200 thru Gen5 Camaro...

Plasar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 09:44 PM   #12
GTPprix
I hack cars.

Drives: Lots ;)
Well the programming definitely works on Gen 6 LOL
Old 01-09-2021, 08:20 AM   #13
Mike Pfeifer

Drives: Mini Clubman S
Not sure about the Camaro, but I imagine it’s more than likely for the same reasons BMW doesn’t do it: anti-trap is deactivated when convenience closing and doing via remote can lead to injury or damage. Esp if you accidentally trigger it while the key is in your pocket and not near the car to stop it. That’s why it does work if you are at the vehicle (key physically in lock tumbler on door or via comfort access handle or remote button)
Mike Pfeifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 10:41 AM   #14
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTPprix View Post
Well the programming definitely works on Gen 6 LOL
How can we go about getting this done? You’re in Detroit, not far from Cleveland. Can I drive to your shop? Also, can you enable one-touch close on the moonroof? The switch has the double-detent for the close position but one-touch only works to open it. I never understood that