Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 09-15-2020, 01:08 PM   #1
Muskiehunterman
Camaro Time

Drives: 2021 Camaro 1SS/1LE
Long Delivery Time After Receiving VIN#

Anyone else experience an exceptionally long period of time between receiving the VIN#, and the car actually shipping? I am on day twenty six since I received the VIN# for my SS 1LE. My car was ordered on the first active order day through my states biggest dealer in hopes that would speed the process. The dealer reached out to GM, but has not gotten a response. The car is not listed as 4B00, so it’s not a quality control issue, at least I hope that’s not what it ends up being. It is a 1LE with the 10L80 Auto, which is a new configurations ,but I have seen 1LE automatics available in Canada already.
Muskiehunterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 04:11 PM   #2
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
Very common right now for Camaro, especially for 1LE cars. The hood wrap is one the delays since those are installed after the car comes off of the assembly line. Shipping out of Michigan is slow right now too.
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 09:29 AM   #3
Muskiehunterman
Camaro Time

Drives: 2021 Camaro 1SS/1LE
Still Waiting

Day 35 since I received the VIN#, and still no car!!!
Muskiehunterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 02:03 PM   #4
Tank22

Drives: 2020 Camaro ZL1 1LE
My car was built on August 8th and was delivered to the dealer Friday September 18th. If the car is a 1LE they cannot go on rail and are all delivered by truck transporter from Detroit to their final destination.

I was going to pick mine up on Tuesday of next week but now it falls in the "bad valve spring" TSB that just came out so I'm deciding whether or not to just pay to have them all replaced. I race the car and I don't want to drop a valve at 160mph. Corvette owners are posting failures already with cars under 500 miles.

The TSB covers all vehicles with LT4, L87, LT1, LT2 engines built between June 1st and September 15th.
Tank22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 03:10 PM   #5
Midnight Rat

Drives: SS 1LE
So this if for every Camaro built from the 15th Sept back. So would these be fixed before leaving the factory or at the dealership?
Midnight Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 06:34 PM   #6
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank22 View Post
MIf the car is a 1LE they cannot go on rail and are all delivered by truck transporter from Detroit to their final destination.
That's only for ZL1 1LE. LT and SS 1LEs are transported just like every other Camaro.
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 07:03 PM   #7
Tank22

Drives: 2020 Camaro ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Rat View Post
So this if for every Camaro built from the 15th Sept back. So would these be fixed before leaving the factory or at the dealership?
It is NOT a recall. It's only a TSB which means if a car starts running rough, throws a misfire code or random engine code the techs do a leakdown test.. if it fails leakdown they inspect the springs and look for a broken or cracked one then they get replaced under warranty.

I don't intend to take any chances because the primary use for the car is on track so I'll just pay to replace them all now and not have the worry.
Tank22 is offline   Reply With Quote