Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 10-02-2020, 03:20 PM   #29
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrol Head View Post
They were really, REALLY expensive when they were new, like $50-60k back in the 80s which is about $120,000 today. Most were equipped with heated seats, 14 way adjustable with power head rests and driver's memory, rear HVAC adjustments, and they had digital fuel/trip computers at a time when the only other car had anything similar was Cadillac. This was 1978-89 remember.
In 1985-1986, Honda's top-end Goldwing had a fully digital dash and electronic fuel injection. They were so far ahead of their time with that bike that they stopped selling fuel injected motorcycles until the VFR800 came back with it in 2000. Today, they're not really worth much because parts are so hard to find.
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 09:14 PM   #30
Garageaholic

Drives: 2016 camaro SS
So This will be more BMW and a bit less LT1

Check out my latest video here!

But still I will have a lot of LT1 questions. Especially about fitment and aftermarket parts. If you all are not sure you want to see more of this swap since it's more BMW and less LT1, let me know. I'll understand. But I will tell you this - and it's MORE LT1 related than anything!
  1. I see many issues of fitment, but none more prevalent than the TR6060 fitment into the transmission tunnel. It's quite narrow and doesn't fully fit the transmission, so I'll need to make modifications there.
  2. The coolant outlet at the pump is hitting the frame rail.
  3. Brake solution is going to be a problem. I hit the brake master cylinder so the reservoir will not work in its current position

I'd like to know what the others do given these setbacks. I wonder if the T56 is better suited for this application?

There were some other things I noticed with regards to the transmission.
  1. First is the guibo on the output shaft. Slip joint is now in the "2 piece" driveshaft, which is what you'd expect to see out of just about any transmission. So I will need to adapt to that
  2. Second is the remote shifter linkage. I will need to shorten both the carrier and the selector rod for this application, which doesn't scare me in the least. Just another thing to modify!

Other than that, Some interferences to be expected. Seems to fit pretty well. I will need to redesign the entire front subframe, relocate the steering system to a rack-pinion to be in FRONT of the axle (as opposed to the originally rear mounted drag link box system). So new spindles will need to be fabricated, which will be wild!

Enjoy the pictures! Here's the E24 635csi - 1985

M30 has already been removed, so this makes things a bit easier.

Some issues on the E24 as you see below:

Now let's take out the LT1:

Got the LT1 out and ready to throw in!

Got it in, not from above actually - got from underneath, but next time I do this I'm using the lift. I got some interferences.

Overall, it has potential to fit quite nicely! It's currently being suspended by jack stands. A lot of fabrication work will need to happen to the front subframe and the steering rack.

Have an idea? Want to swap an engine? Try me!
Contact@garageaholic.build
Garageaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 08:23 PM   #31
Garageaholic

Drives: 2016 camaro SS
Some more work done! So I moved the E24 to the lift and decided to retry test fitting the LT1 in there. So I removed the wiring harness, front accessories, and also removed items from the E24 including hydroboost, ABS, and power steering reservoir such that I can install the LT1 from underneath and observe what my serious interferences are. And in this case, it appears that I do have interferences, but primarily from the transmission (TR6060). it's a wide casing back there! A couple pictures of where I'm at and my latest video of progress.

Have an idea? Want to swap an engine? Try me!
Contact@garageaholic.build
Garageaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 01:31 AM   #32
HB1SS

Drives: 17 1SS
Nice. If this works I will have to find an e24.....
HB1SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 04:32 AM   #33
Marty31

Drives: 2019 ZL1 A10
This is a great build!
Marty31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 08:39 AM   #34
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Drives: '21 Wild Cherry ZL1
This beginning to give me flash-backs to my LS/Blazer swap.
gtfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 03:06 PM   #35
Xaxas

Drives: 2019 2SS 1LE
Awesome build! Something quite interesting I look forward too

And to those saying the 6 series is a collectors car, go collect stamps or something, cars are meant to be driven and the customer who requested this clearly wants to drive his car

Previous: 2017 2LT aka "Noire"
Mods: Chevrolet Performance Suspension || K&N Cold Air Intake || Borla ATAK Mufflers + Catback system || MRR 650 ZL1 replicas with squared 285/30 Michelin Pilot Sport 4S || ZZP 4 piston brake kit + braided brake lines || BMR everything (Solid/Lockout cradle bushing are a MUST in Camaros)
Xaxas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 06:14 PM   #36
craigss50

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS Fifty
Wow quite a big project. Nice videos and pics.
craigss50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2022, 03:38 PM   #37
Trochoidal

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Bringing back an old thread so maybe OP can talk about this build. It looks like he kept moving along.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vj--XLV-qF0

Originally Posted by arpad_m - “Aww, yet another oil thread with almost the same question in the OP“
Trochoidal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2022, 08:11 PM   #38
RamAir02
Shadow Gray '19 ZLE M6

Drives: '19 ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochoidal View Post
Bringing back an old thread so maybe OP can talk about this build. It looks like he kept moving along.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vj--XLV-qF0
Never saw this thread. Very cool!

Kinda glad I'm seeing it now after all the videos are published. Welp, my night is decided. See you all after Part 31
PPF | Paint Correction | ZL1 Addons Rock Guards | ZL1 Addons Lift Pads | ZL1 Addons Feather Lite Tow Hook | JWM Smoked Sidemarkers | Wildhammer Smoked Rear Reflectors | JWM License Plate LEDs | RotoFab CAI | ADM IC Reservoir v2 | BC Forged RZ05 | SPL Toe Arms | BW Brake Deflectors | CMS Roll Bar | Schroth Profi II ASM Harnesses
Sold: '99 Trans Am (bolt-ons & cam) | '00 WS6 (bolt-ons, heads, cam, 12 bolt) | '05 CTS-V (bolt-ons, short throw) | '10 SS/RS M6 (short throw, CAI, coilovers, LTs, catback, JRE tune) | '01 WS6

YouTube
RamAir02 is offline   Reply With Quote