Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 06-15-2016, 07:35 PM   #29
Ashen 6.2

Drives: 2014 Camaro Z/SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by derek1387 View Post
Following...found them on Ebay as well...would like to see a full kit installed for sure. rockers and fender flares.
Here are some pics of the Z28 rockers and flares that I installed a few weeks back. Bought them from Source One Auto Parts eBay store. After buying the rockers/flares I decided to get the Z28 diffuser as well so it would all tie together better.
Attached Images

Mods - GPI 416 w/Custom Grind Cam, Ported Heads & Tuned by Ben, Holley Dominator ECU, Mag Heartbeat, ZL1 Fuel Pump & DSX Aux Pump, NW 103 TB, FIC 1650's, Alky Meth, Circle D 3600 Triple Disc, Kooks Headers, Viking Coil Overs & all the BMR Goodies in the rear, Zl1 3.23 Diff, DSS Axles, Gulfcoast Driveshaft, Hendrix Offset Diff Bushings, AFE Solid Subframe Bushings, 875HP/843TQ 5FDP
Ashen 6.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 07:43 PM   #30
Synner

Drives: cars
Do you have a pic of the rear prior to buying the Z28 diffuser or did you do it all at once?
Synner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 07:44 PM   #31
derek1387

Drives: 2015 1LS Red V6
So I would have to have a splitter for the front flares to connect and look properly. And looks to be the same for the rear flares for the diffuser.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JacFab Machining
APDEG
Dream Gear Mobile Audio

Thanks to Will @ Overkill Motorsports, Jason @ JacFab, Jim @ Ohio Speed, Brandon at Dream Gear, and the boys at Randy Curnow Chevrolet

5th Gen V6 Performance Facebook Group
derek1387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 08:09 PM   #32
Ashen 6.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synner View Post
Do you have a pic of the rear prior to buying the Z28 diffuser or did you do it all at once?
I put the Z28 diffuser on before the rear flares.

Mods - GPI 416 w/Custom Grind Cam, Ported Heads & Tuned by Ben, Holley Dominator ECU, Mag Heartbeat, ZL1 Fuel Pump & DSX Aux Pump, NW 103 TB, FIC 1650's, Alky Meth, Circle D 3600 Triple Disc, Kooks Headers, Viking Coil Overs & all the BMR Goodies in the rear, Zl1 3.23 Diff, DSS Axles, Gulfcoast Driveshaft, Hendrix Offset Diff Bushings, AFE Solid Subframe Bushings, 875HP/843TQ 5FDP
Old 06-15-2016, 08:12 PM   #33
Ashen 6.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by derek1387 View Post
So I would have to have a splitter for the front flares to connect and look properly. And looks to be the same for the rear flares for the diffuser.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Correct. I had the splitter from when I bought the aero package back in early April. For the rear diffuser, I decided to get that to help make sure the rear flares were lined up correctly. Otherwise there would have been a gap and the flares are a little longer than the non Z28 diffuser.

Old 06-28-2016, 03:35 PM   #34
Robmpps

Drives: Camaro Z/LT, Kia Soul, Mini CooperS
Where did you get the rear diffuser?
Robmpps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 06:58 PM   #35
Crushinator

Drives: '15 Z/28 #783
I commend you on the job you're doing. It looks fantastic! Way to stay committed.
Old 07-06-2016, 12:23 AM   #36
C-redfly

Drives: 2013 VR vert ZL1
Hey Ashen, your camaro looks sweet, great job! Will you get smaller series tires next go around to give it more of the Z look? Also did you consider 5mm spacers to get a wider stance? Maybe take off the camaro script and go sith the red SS emblems. Its looks great though. I wish i had a 14ss to give it the Z treatment. Is it lowered? Did your wheel gap get noticeably smaller with the flares?

Last edited by C-redfly; 07-06-2016 at 12:35 AM.
C-redfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 04:19 PM   #37
Ashen 6.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robmpps View Post
Where did you get the rear diffuser?
I got the diffuser from gmpartsheadquarters.com that was operated by Perry Buick/GMC out of VA. However, that site isn't working any longer. You can call the parts dept at http://www.perrybuick.com and order it from them. They were by far the best price when including shipping costs.

Old 07-06-2016, 04:26 PM   #38
Ashen 6.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-redfly View Post
Hey Ashen, your camaro looks sweet, great job! Will you get smaller series tires next go around to give it more of the Z look? Also did you consider 5mm spacers to get a wider stance? Maybe take off the camaro script and go sith the red SS emblems. Its looks great though. I wish i had a 14ss to give it the Z treatment. Is it lowered? Did your wheel gap get noticeably smaller with the flares?
Thanks! I am not planning on going with smaller tires at this point. The gap did get smaller but there is still more of a gap between the tires & fender than I would like so I may get some drop springs for it.
I already removed the SS badge off the rear, the front one went away when I put the Z-28 grill in. I will be removing the Camaro badges from the front fenders when I get a chance.

Old 07-08-2016, 06:20 PM   #39
Ashen 6.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushinator View Post
I commend you on the job you're doing. It looks fantastic! Way to stay committed.
Thank you!

Old 08-04-2016, 09:07 PM   #40
HELLsx

Drives: 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by C-redfly View Post
That is why im still on the fence finishing mine up... I did the Z/28 Aero kit + the grille and w/bill, but because the stance w/out the REAL Z 28 wheels/ tires is so off... Im keeping mine like that for the moment. I prefer it as is (drop coming still) than w/out the proper tires and wheels.

Your doing a nice job, but the look beeing off is obvious right away to those who know. Thats not saying its not right!!! As its your car and that you like it is all that matters!! Im just saying "i" would not do it unless i got "everything" on mine... But DAMN those wheels are expensive!!!! I wish they made the repros in 19"... And frankly, dont get why they didnt. The car needs a drop, blacked out wheels and low profile skins and said spacers at the minimum to look the part, then, i may even like the 20's... Who knows!!

2SS-RS-1LE.
Exhaust (NPP), Recaro's(AYZ), Navigation, Heads UP display, Boston acoustic (UHQ), Rear view camera, Sun roof (CF5) ...(hey, it was there...), Opt Gas cap (VQL), Optionnal carpet mats (VYW), rear cargo net (W2D). RS package (WRS) / with HID lightning and fogs (T4F and T3N).
Yep..... It was kinda loaded!! :-) but it was the last 2015 1LE in Canada. I wanted white.... I got BLACK!!!! Lol!!!
HELLsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 10:02 PM   #41
Ashen 6.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by HELLsx View Post
That is why im still on the fence finishing mine up... I did the Z/28 Aero kit + the grille and w/bill, but because the stance w/out the REAL Z 28 wheels/ tires is so off... Im keeping mine like that for the moment. I prefer it as is (drop coming still) than w/out the proper tires and wheels.

Your doing a nice job, but the look beeing off is obvious right away to those who know. Thats not saying its not right!!! As its your car and that you like it is all that matters!! Im just saying "i" would not do it unless i got "everything" on mine... But DAMN those wheels are expensive!!!! I wish they made the repros in 19"... And frankly, dont get why they didnt. The car needs a drop, blacked out wheels and low profile skins and said spacers at the minimum to look the part, then, i may even like the 20's... Who knows!!
Thanks. I get what your saying and appreciate the feedback.

I have drop springs on hand just need to make time to get them in. Too much going on right now but hope to have it done in the next month or so. On the tires & wheels, I am going to wear these out before making any changes. Plus it will be interesting to see what it looks like after the drop.

Old 08-05-2016, 12:17 AM   #42
erickangulo

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS
Did you need to get the diffuser painted?
erickangulo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mrr 228, replica, z28