Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 12-13-2018, 10:39 AM   #15
HighIron

Drives: 2024 2SS Summit White
Pull the trigger.
HighIron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 10:55 AM   #16
enzia35

Drives: '16 Garnet Red 1SS
Sounds like a really good deal. If you can swing it, I'd spring for the 2SS package though.
enzia35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 11:59 AM   #17
cbr1100xx
Account Suspended

Drives: '14 Jetta 1.8, '19 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by enzia35 View Post
Sounds like a really good deal. If you can swing it, I'd spring for the 2SS package though.
Nothing I really want in the 2SS package except maybe blind spot would be nice.
Prefer cloth to leather. Heated/cooled seats are ok but here in San Diego, would barely use. HUD...nice but don't care. Bose, not an audiophile at all, I listen to the exhaust with windows down usually. So for $5K, the 2SS package is not a good value at all for someone like me. Plus want to be as close to $30K as possible.
cbr1100xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 11:49 AM   #18
cbr1100xx
Account Suspended

Test drove the 1SS manual NPP again last night. I didn't pull the trigger.
It's a good car. No doubt. But I guess I'm just too used to the shorter gearing plus the Whipple in my last Mustang GT.

1-4 in the Camaro are pretty good, although the gearing is still a bit tall. But didn’t care for car on the freeway regarding the gearing. 6th is powerless and just overdrive. But 5th was kinda overdrive as well. It seemed like I had to put it in 4th to get real power on the freeway, whereas my GT would pull reasonably well even in 6th (yes, at the expense of mpg for sure).

So yeah the car felt a bit too tall geared. It definitely moved though when you got on it. I just wasn’t really blown away. I think I just like the instant tap-in power of the automatics these days a bit more. I test drove an A10 Mustang GT and man did it feel quicker than the 1SS manual. I know, less involved, no shifting but the instant thrust makes up for a lot as long as the steering is good. I just like the handling, seats of the Camaro a bit more. While the NPP sounds good, it didn't sound great. But I do like that it wasn't annoying loud. The Mustang GT definitely sounds better though. But that's subjective I guess.

I’m not touching an A8 so maybe I’ll wait till there’s more ugly ’19 A10s flowing in and drive another one. Or just keep looking for used ZL1 A10.

Best part is when the dealer after telling me on the phone $32,070 plus tax/tags….and THAT’S IT. tells me this one has some kind of coating seal on the doors that was dealer installed which is $994 and can’t be uninstalled so that must be added to the price. I was like…ok, bye.

But all in all, the 1SS manual is very good. Just didn't push my buttons enough for some reason to sign.
Old 12-14-2018, 01:13 PM   #19
Redlinez
Shifts under load

Drives: 2020 Camaro 1SS 1LE rally green
Funny. I traded in my 2015 Mustang GT with CAI and Stainless Works headers the same day after test driving one SS manual. I couldn't believe how much better it drove in every way. The Mustang didn't have jack for torque or power unless you were beating on it. I consider my 1SS one of the best cars I've ever driven, and I've probably been through 60 cars and have worked in the car business since 1995.
Redlinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 01:41 PM   #20
cbr1100xx
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlinez View Post
The Mustang didn't have jack for torque or power unless you were beating on it.

Felt the same about a NA one. But mine had boost and that was certainly not the case. I just hated the shifter on the Mustang after awhile. It got noisy.

I wish the SS had gear ratio options like the Mustang does. It's a very good car, just wish the gears were a bit shorter.
Old 12-14-2018, 02:04 PM   #21
JLSuperfly

Drives: 2014 Red Hot LS3
Yes. Great deal.
JLSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 02:25 PM   #22
13BlackCamaroSS

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
I drove a new mustang and new camaro on the same day, wasn't even close for me, went home and ordered a new Camaro. Neither were autos as I personally don't like auto sports cars, no fun to drive in my opinion. Maybe you'lol like the A10 more.

2016 2SS, NPP, Adrenaline Red Leather and Pads, 6sp, Sunroof, Black Bowties, Upgraded Wheels, 15% Tint, Kooks Headers, MBRP Exhaust, 1LE Wheels, Badging, Ported Throttle Body, Procharged, Snow Performance Stage 2 Meth Kit

Coming Soon: Custom Cam, E85, Ported Heads
13BlackCamaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 04:36 PM   #23
Redlinez
Shifts under load

Drives: 2020 Camaro 1SS 1LE rally green
The POS MT82 shifter arrangement was the first thing I had to replace. I put the MGW on and it helped, but still just too far back from the trans. I also couldn't stand the 1:1 being in 5th gear. I know those engines are far superior with boost and oil pump gears for the money, I just would never have that to spend. I enjoyed the car for the most part for a year and 9 months. It had some issues the dealer couldn't fix and I used to work there, so I realized it was time to try the Camaro. I've always been a GM guy, they just have never dealt on them until recently. They gave me dumba*& money for my 28k mile Mustang and there was an extra rebate due to me trading it, so I got my 1SS NPP 6M over a year and a half ago for $30xxx. It was a no brainer for me.
Redlinez is offline   Reply With Quote