Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 12-18-2018, 12:58 AM   #43
18ss376

Drives: Camaro
I went with Whipple & saw a post where it adds about 75lbs., but with the new 2.9L supercharger it makes 585 RWHP on 91 octane & others that already have one are running mid 10's. You can use up to a 109mm throttle body for more power. Comes with 1 year limited warranty & optional 3 year/36,000 mile warranty.
18ss376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 12:37 PM   #44
G2K
@Blackmamba_1LE

Drives: 2017 1LE
Great info guys.

Another thing I would like to point out is the weight location.

PD blowers are mounted on top of the engine, although placed way up there is STILL behind the struts...

While the Centri is way in the front of the engine and struts (thats a no no in my book of road course).... this to me is more important than the lbs themselves.... weight distribution...

I see it this way, the PD in a 1LE is basically a ZL1 with smaller brake rotors (generally speaking)... and the ZL1 is very good around the twisties.
Old 12-18-2018, 03:55 PM   #45
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
The 43 pound battery was moved from the front to the back (by the factory), I could relocate the washer bottle to the back and achieve the same rearward weight bias as the PD. The sunroof is probably 45 lbs on the very top of the car adding to high CG and angler momentum, the PD has a heavy full of water cooler in the very very very front of the car. The PD has a water pump and lines filled with liquid in front of the engine, the PD has a large filter housing with filter in front of the engine, a street driven SS, IMO does not need the front driver's side radiator, saving 10 to 15 lbs right there at the very very front of the car, on the same side as the centri, the centri also does not need the stock air box and ducting, intake hose, filter etc, you and move the 2 lbs of horns to the firewall. All in, I would say the centri is about 10 lbs. or 12 percent, lighter with a CG 8" forward and 3" down. Really moving the 10 lbs with liquid washer fluid bottle from the front to the trunk would yield the same weight balance. Can always use more weight in the trunk.

The widebody Challenger handles well enough with a cast iron engine in the front at 4450 lbs, so at some point just put a little more tire on the car or buy a Boxster. Nutshell unless you are really competitively racing, the question is moot, and if you are competitively racing you ain't got a washer bottle, horns, A/C anyhow.
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.

Last edited by oldman; 12-18-2018 at 10:36 PM.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote