Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-17-2018, 10:57 PM   #85
JhonnyGTR

Drives: La Macarena

Looks identical to you?
JhonnyGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 11:48 PM   #86
Cgocifer

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE, 2015 RAM Ecodiesel
Quote:
Originally Posted by JhonnyGTR View Post

Looks identical to you?
Definitely a resemblance.

Man, I was behind a mustang today and I was thinking, "what a gorgeous a$$!" The new camaro's a$$ looks horrible in comparison. The more I look at it, the more I like the current version even with the weird lines on the bumper.

That new kick out below the bumper makes no sense.
Old 05-18-2018, 12:57 AM   #87
'01LS1

Drives: 2003 Pete
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cgocifer View Post

Man, I was behind a mustang today and I was thinking, "what a gorgeous a$$!" The new camaro's a$$ looks horrible in comparison. The more I look at it, the more I like the current version even with the weird lines on the bumper.

That new kick out below the bumper makes no sense.

It is a very vague resemblance. More so the refreshed tail lights make me think they found something left over from a possible HHR refresh that never saw the light of day.

I like the rear bumper other than where they notched out for the tail lights on the bottom but the top is not. It is yet another piece that is not cohesive.
'01LS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 01:15 AM   #88
JhonnyGTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cgocifer View Post

Man, I was behind a mustang today and I was thinking, "what a gorgeous a$$!" The new camaro's a$$ looks horrible in comparison.

Remember that You didn't see a 2019 Camaro in Person yet...
Old 05-18-2018, 01:24 AM   #89
samurai

Drives: C8 Corvette
Oh come on, the rear is pretty much the 5th gen rear with 3 dimensional rear lights...
Attached Images

Old 05-18-2018, 01:32 AM   #90
JhonnyGTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by samurai View Post
Oh come on, the rear is pretty much the 5th gen rear with 3 dimensional rear lights...
Even the Malibu that they were talking about took this rensemblance... Lame Excuses everywhere

Last edited by JhonnyGTR; 05-18-2018 at 01:33 AM. Reason: A correction
Old 05-18-2018, 05:10 AM   #91
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by samurai View Post
I hope you got that bump on your head taken care of. On the 5th gen everything is cohesive and flows. It all looks like it was intend to be there ,and comes together to look awesome. The trian wreck on the back of the 19 looks like someone went to JC Witney and decided on a shade tree customization of their gen6 in back yard of the trailer park they live in.

Last edited by motorhead; 05-18-2018 at 07:14 AM.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 07:05 AM   #92
mikem2104

Drives: 18 2SS 1LE, 20 Canyon Denali
i really don't like hating on it, because i know some really like it. while i agree some colors look better than others, i can't say i really like the front. the hood i thought i would like, but it doesn't flow with the car, at least in my opinion. the rear ... i really hate it. i dont want to hate it, but i just dont understand how those lights "belong" on the car, they don't fit the rest of the design.

for me, i had the opportunity to make a change. my 16 ss was totalled (not at fault), so i got to order a new one. i hurried to get an 18 because i just couldn't imagine actually owning the refresh.

my $0.02

Current Garage:
18' 2SS 1LE, Hyper Blue
23' GMC Canyon Denali
Previously:
20' GMC Canyon Denali
16' 2SS 6MT, Hyper Blue, Kalahari, 20" PVW Chrome Split wheels, NPP, MRC (Total Loss)
14' Ford Edge Sport
06' Saab 9-7x,13' Nissan 370z Sport, 12' VW Jetta GLI, 02' Olds Bravada
mikem2104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 07:16 AM   #93
Detroit Muscle

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneredry View Post
dude... tell me you don't see any resemblance.
sorry dude, I work at GM and i dont see it

Stainless Power Headers, High Flow Cats, CAI intake, SLP Loudmouth 1 exhaust, Dyno tune from Alternative Performance
Detroit Muscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 07:21 AM   #94
Ruebernard

Drives: 2017 GRT 2SS/RS M6 Vert
Not liking the blue or red but man o man,I’m lovin’ The satin gray SS. That color really improves the look of the refresh.....which isn’t all that bad. I wouldn’t mine owning one.
Old 05-18-2018, 08:00 AM   #95
torqueaddict

Drives: Tesla M3 LR-AWD [Former 1SS owner]
Was that picture taken with a potato? The light gray is probably the least aggressive color. The lower stance of the Camaro is what makes it stand out to me. The Mustang is nice, but boring, and there's a 50/50 chance the driver is female. The Camaro is more like, don't f**k with me!

IMO, people are just over exaggerating when it comes to the look. The rear lights, while they bulge out a bit, aren't all that different. I do the prefer the 18s front fascia, but the 19s are growing on me the more I look at them.
torqueaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 09:42 AM   #96
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
That’s a Malibu?

Eh...but it’s got a horse or a snake everywhere. If Camaro has its own logo, like Corvette’s cross-flags...maybe. Personally, I’m real proud to have the bow tie on it.
True but the Bow tie to me has just always looked out of place on the modern camaro. Maybe because on lower trims it's gold but the bow tie has just always looked to me like they were like oh yeah this a chevy we need to slap some bow ties on it.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 09:55 AM   #97
'01LS1

Drives: 2003 Pete
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
True but the Bow tie to me has just always looked out of place on the modern camaro.
Weird, I never thought about it until you mentioned this. Seeing so many trucks/suv's/vans rolling around among other Chevrolet products, you kind of get used to seeing the Bow Tie everywhere. But I never thought about it NOT being smacked on the center of the grille until the 5th gen in 2010.
'01LS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 10:01 AM   #98
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by '01LS1 View Post
Weird, I never thought about it until you mentioned this. Seeing so many trucks/suv's/vans rolling around among other Chevrolet products, you kind of get used to seeing the Bow Tie everywhere. But I never thought about it NOT being smacked on the center of the grille until the 5th gen in 2010.
I think what really sparked it for me was I saw a 5th gen the other day, no bow tie on the grill, and on the trunk SS emblem instead of the bow tie. I just thought wow, that looks so much cleaner than having bow ties on it. Then I thought oh yeah the Mustang doesn't have the blue oval on it anywhere and it looks clean like that.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote