Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Member Car Journals


BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy


Post Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2022, 02:23 PM   #71
khcoaching
 
khcoaching's Avatar
 
Drives: 2021 1SS 1LE
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: 98548
Posts: 585
Quote:
Originally Posted by kropscamaro16 View Post
cant wait to see what you can do on some 19s and 3rs are you going square or staggered?
HA! Me too... I'm hoping for 1.5 seconds with the 3Rs and better alignment and another 1.5 seconds with the 18" scrubs. I'm not sure on size actually...30/65/18. or 30/68/18. The 68s would fit the gearing quite a bit better...


Since it is off season and all we have is forums to keep us entertained....the overall goal with the car is basically an NA ZLE. I have ready to install -

DSSV suspension
ZLE F/R brakes
Hotchkiss/BMR sway bars
E85 kit

No defined time for this stuff as it depends on much time I can drive it and if I get to my goals times at The Ridge.


Ken

Last edited by khcoaching; 01-21-2022 at 12:04 AM.
khcoaching is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 04:28 PM   #72
eimarshall
 
eimarshall's Avatar
 
Drives: 2018 SS 1LE Hyperblue
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Lacey, WA
Posts: 308
What dealer are you working with? I bought and have usually gone through Sunset Chevy in Sumner, but they shop out alignment work and I've been waning on their annual services.

I am also going rear toe arms this winter. Hopefully I can get a chance to chase you this year!!
eimarshall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 04:56 PM   #73
Dabjbr
 
Drives: 2020 SS 1LE
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: NorCal
Posts: 591
Quote:
Originally Posted by khcoaching View Post
HA! Me too... I'm hoping for 1.5 seconds with the 3Rs and better alignment and another 1.5 seconds with the 18" scrubs. I'm not sure on size actually...30/65/18. or 30/68/18. The 68s would fit the gearing quite a bit better...


Since it is off season and all we have is forums to keep us entertained....the overall goal with the car is basically an NA ZLE. I have ready to install -

DSSV suspension
ZLE F/R brakes
Addco/BMR sway bars
E85 kit

No defined time for this stuff as it depends on much time I can drive it and if I get to my goals times at The Ridge.


Ken
NA ZLE sounds like a damn good goal to me! And seeing your mod list, youíre not kidding.

Thanks for keeping me entertained! Iím trying to keep my mods under financial control with this car so Iíll have to live vicariously through you.
Dabjbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 05:33 PM   #74
khcoaching
 
khcoaching's Avatar
 
Drives: 2021 1SS 1LE
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: 98548
Posts: 585
Quote:
Originally Posted by eimarshall View Post
What dealer are you working with? I bought and have usually gone through Sunset Chevy in Sumner, but they shop out alignment work and I've been waning on their annual services.

I am also going rear toe arms this winter. Hopefully I can get a chance to chase you this year!!
Titus Will in Olympia....talk to Meisha in service and have Mark Hickman work on it. I literally drop it off, don't ask for estimate and pay whatever, they get it handled and so far, zero issues. (They also installed the solid ZLE subrame bushings for me at no charge when they did the rear axle recall)

Ken
khcoaching is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 05:36 PM   #75
khcoaching
 
khcoaching's Avatar
 
Drives: 2021 1SS 1LE
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: 98548
Posts: 585
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabjbr View Post
NA ZLE sounds like a damn good goal to me! And seeing your mod list, youíre not kidding.

Thanks for keeping me entertained! Iím trying to keep my mods under financial control with this car so Iíll have to live vicariously through you.
I couldn't afford a ZLE so this is what I am going with. And, after driving a couple of ZLEs, yes, they are amazing and I have lapped faster in one, but they do not have the front end feel or the lightness the SS has, IMO.

Ken
khcoaching is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 05:44 PM   #76
kropscamaro16


 
kropscamaro16's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: 909
Posts: 9,769
i actually saw a camaro in the chevy booth at sema years ago that was exactly that


it was owned by gm employees and it was a ss car with full zl1 1le brakes dssv the whole front end and wing and 19s and 3rs and then a full cage /seat/harness etc


actually talked to one of the girls from gm performance about doing it to my car but told me it wouldnt be until next year and then she quit or got fired haha oh well
__________________
16 1SS NIGHTFALL GRAY METALLIC WITH NPP #BECAUSERACECAR #SAVETHEMANUALS
kropscamaro16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 05:57 PM   #77
khcoaching
 
khcoaching's Avatar
 
Drives: 2021 1SS 1LE
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: 98548
Posts: 585
And.....UPS just stopped by -
Attached Images
   
khcoaching is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 06:00 PM   #78
kropscamaro16


 
kropscamaro16's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: 909
Posts: 9,769
oh damn those look good! 18x11 squared should be meaty
__________________
16 1SS NIGHTFALL GRAY METALLIC WITH NPP #BECAUSERACECAR #SAVETHEMANUALS
kropscamaro16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 09:09 PM   #79
Dabjbr
 
Drives: 2020 SS 1LE
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: NorCal
Posts: 591
Quote:
Originally Posted by kropscamaro16 View Post
oh damn those look good! 18x11 squared should be meaty
Yeah,
Ken should warn us before posting pornographic material!
Dabjbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 01:07 PM   #80
eimarshall
 
eimarshall's Avatar
 
Drives: 2018 SS 1LE Hyperblue
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Lacey, WA
Posts: 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by khcoaching View Post
Titus Will in Olympia....talk to Meisha in service and have Mark Hickman work on it. I literally drop it off, don't ask for estimate and pay whatever, they get it handled and so far, zero issues. (They also installed the solid ZLE subrame bushings for me at no charge when they did the rear axle recall)

Ken
Oh! Great! I'm in Lacey so that's easy!

Also, super jealous of those wheels!!
eimarshall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 02:29 PM   #81
MightyBobo

 
MightyBobo's Avatar
 
Drives: 2022 VOM 2SS 1LE M6 Camaro
Join Date: Nov 2021
Location: Vegas, baby...Vegas...
Posts: 816
Man I just watched that Ridge Motorsports Park video - what a wonderful looking track that is. Love the elevation changes.
__________________
2022 Vivid Orange 2SS 1LE ordered (BDQDHT, 1G1FG1R7XN0108251) - ETA 20220223

20211120 - 1100 --- 20211207 - 2500
20211208 - 3000 (TPW: was 20220103, now 20220124)
20211220 - 3400 (TPW: 20220110)
20220114 - 3800 --- 20220122 - 4300 (1LE Wrap Shuffle)
20220125 - 4B00 --- 20220129 - 4200 (Shipped! ETA: 20220223)
20220212 - 4800 --- 20220216 - 6000!

2024 Silverado EV RST First Edition on reserve, as well.
MightyBobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 02:37 PM   #82
kropscamaro16


 
kropscamaro16's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: 909
Posts: 9,769
Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyBobo View Post
Man I just watched that Ridge Motorsports Park video - what a wonderful looking track that is. Love the elevation changes.

yea i really want a truck and trailer so i can go to more tracks this year



thunder hill



sonoma



laguna seca but i hate the sound bullshit they have there


and the ridge!
__________________
16 1SS NIGHTFALL GRAY METALLIC WITH NPP #BECAUSERACECAR #SAVETHEMANUALS
kropscamaro16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 02:38 PM   #83
MightyBobo

 
MightyBobo's Avatar
 
Drives: 2022 VOM 2SS 1LE M6 Camaro
Join Date: Nov 2021
Location: Vegas, baby...Vegas...
Posts: 816
Quote:
Originally Posted by kropscamaro16 View Post
yea i really want a truck and trailer so i can go to more tracks this year



thunder hill



sonoma



laguna seca but i hate the sound bullshit they have there


and the ridge!
Laguna Seca is on my bucket list, but I'll likely race it with my motorcycle before my Camaro lol. Who knows...yes, the sound restrictions there are silly.
__________________
2022 Vivid Orange 2SS 1LE ordered (BDQDHT, 1G1FG1R7XN0108251) - ETA 20220223

20211120 - 1100 --- 20211207 - 2500
20211208 - 3000 (TPW: was 20220103, now 20220124)
20211220 - 3400 (TPW: 20220110)
20220114 - 3800 --- 20220122 - 4300 (1LE Wrap Shuffle)
20220125 - 4B00 --- 20220129 - 4200 (Shipped! ETA: 20220223)
20220212 - 4800 --- 20220216 - 6000!

2024 Silverado EV RST First Edition on reserve, as well.
MightyBobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 02:40 PM   #84
kropscamaro16


 
kropscamaro16's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: 909
Posts: 9,769
still never done vegas either or spring mountain either !
__________________
16 1SS NIGHTFALL GRAY METALLIC WITH NPP #BECAUSERACECAR #SAVETHEMANUALS
kropscamaro16 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Post Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.