Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Phastek Performance

Old 03-13-2020, 07:15 AM   #6735
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldilocks01SS View Post
It wasn't a second C, itt was his first one and he had it wrapped -- He even said as much. There wasn't any favoritism.
Ah. Ok then. It still is funny how he just happens to be one of the first to get one and he also just happens to have a ton of YT followers. Maybe there isn't a LOT of favoritism but I am sure GM is making sure certain people are towards the front of the list.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 07:21 AM   #6736
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Boy was I mad...I'm sure I had steam coming out of my ears!!
Old 03-13-2020, 09:06 AM   #6737
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
Ah. Ok then. It still is funny how he just happens to be one of the first to get one and he also just happens to have a ton of YT followers. Maybe there isn't a LOT of favoritism but I am sure GM is making sure certain people are towards the front of the list.
I am sure they are making sure certain people get theirs first. Yes it sucks for buyers like you, but it's almost like free advertising if they get it out there to someone that has millions of YT views.

Social media is really changing the way companies do things
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 09:15 AM   #6738
Rodan

Drives: 2018 ZL1 coupe
Media has always gotten cars before the public. It just wasn't so obvious when the cars hit the road by the time the print magazines were out...
Rodan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 09:15 AM   #6739
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Yes they are realizing they can get a huge number of focused customer eyes on product for next to nothing in cost. They just have to be willing to give up a bit of control (which they don’t really have over print anyway).

In terms of likely-customer-eye-minutes per dollar, youtube cannot be beat.
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 11:50 AM   #6740
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Well it looks like GM is catering to YTers with million + followers before anyone else. A few of them just happened to get their C8s already. StreetSpeed even got his second C8 while others who plopped down huge deposits and ordered them in the first week the banks were open are still at 1100 status. I'm not happy.

I hope this is just a one time bad judgement call on GM's part and won't happen again. Money is money. And I get it, they want people drawing a crowd. But still, I work hard for my money just like they do. And my $5K is just as huge a chunk of change as anyone else's money is. I could see if they offered a limited amount of early deliveries to people for a small fee and made it available for anyone to purchase. But that wasn't the case. And if they're playing these stupid little games with these little boys who have time to sit around talking in broken sentences and trying to look cool for their fans then that is an outrage. Like I said, if this is a one off thing then fine. But it better not become a habit. They better remember, they just might push me from looking to order a Z06 to looking elsewhere. I don't play second fiddle to people.

Sorry for the rant. I got pissed off when I saw that kid bragging about getting his 2nd C8 while some of us have no updates at all and ordered before he did. Burns me up.
There were a number of pi$$ed of people on M6G when SpeedPhenom got his GT500 before a number of people who placed early orders. Accused Ford of favoring YTers over loyal customers. Turned out not to be the case. The GT500 CFTP that SpeedPhenom ordered has still not been built. He simply cycle-dialed a bunch of dealers and wound up traveling from California to Michigan to buy a dealer’s stock unit. I don’t know if this pertains to StreetSpeed’s situation or not, but I imagine that could very well be the place. When GM said all the 2020s were sold out, I’m pretty sure they meant in terms of from factory to dealer. Some dealers may have ordered multiple cars for lot stock. If StreetSpeed has a relationship with one of these dealers they probably let him know ahead of time when their car(s) would come in and gave him first shot at it.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 01:40 PM   #6741
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

I'm surprised anyone would cater to that type of nonsense. Most people already have the idea that celebrities and celebrity-type folk are just a bunch of arrogant prissy spoiled brats who do nothing but get everything handed to them but still manage to complain about how terrible there lives were before they made millions of dollars and got their hundred thousand dollar cars and multiple beach houses or whatever. And you know what? I don't care about all that anyway. But if companies and manufacturers are going to start showing them preferential treatment than that...grinds my gears. LOL!! Heck we all work hard and money is money. Someone posting a video to a bunch of wishers who can't afford the car anyway is not gonna drive up sales for GM. Not one of those 12 year olds drooling over the C8 saw his video and said "hmm, let me go get one right now". So it is stupid. Me on the other hand, I might not have a million viewers but I'm pretty sure I have a few friends around my age who might be swayed to go order one when they see mine. Of course that is all presumptive talk but still. Just sayin. If some adult with a job took a chunk of their money and went thru the right channels to order a car then some teenager or twenty-something with a YT channel should not be given priority over them.

And I doubt SP put that much footwork into it. There were plenty of people cycle/speed dialing dealerships and calling in favors etc to get a GT500. He just soo happened to be the first one? Bullshit. He was given special treatment.

Anyway, one of the allocations arrived at my dealership today. I guess that pushes me one step closer. I gotta check with them to see if I'm allowed to post pics.
Old 03-13-2020, 02:46 PM   #6742
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

I was given permission to share these pics. This is from my dealership out here in NJ. A customer got his so I'm hoping I'll be moving up the list.

One thing I'll say...it might just be a hunch...but I'm thinking that a lot of people will be cancelling their orders due to this outbreak. A lot of people are losing time and work or money in their business or in stocks or whatever they do to make money. And I'm sure a lot of people might be holding off on buying their C8s due to uncertainty about the future with the way everything is now. So I think this might be a good time for some who might be interested to get their hands on one. You'll probably end up helping out the original buyer and the dealership since they'll still be able to sell the car. Just some food for thought.
Attached Images

Old 03-13-2020, 07:59 PM   #6743
BRMike

Drives: 2017 Corvette
Several dealers here in south Louisiana got their first cars this past Monday. So, there are a few running around town now.
2018 Kenetic Blue Metallic Chevrolet Colorado Z71 Crew Cab (8A)
BRMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 03:14 AM   #6744
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
Quote:
I was given permission to share these pics. This is from my dealership out here in NJ. A customer got his so I'm hoping I'll be moving up the list.

One thing I'll say...it might just be a hunch...but I'm thinking that a lot of people will be cancelling their orders due to this outbreak. A lot of people are losing time and work or money in their business or in stocks or whatever they do to make money. And I'm sure a lot of people might be holding off on buying their C8s due to uncertainty about the future with the way everything is now. So I think this might be a good time for some who might be interested to get their hands on one. You'll probably end up helping out the original buyer and the dealership since they'll still be able to sell the car. Just some food for thought.
Probably true, if you are worried about your 401K going down 30 percent, and maybe your parents, you ain't thinking about a C8.

I just picked my kid up from school which closed, this is a time for us to be supportive and know that life is great whatever car you own, that there is going to be suffering for a while, business will close and people will die. I look forward to the day when we as a people are stronger, and that I may one day get a C8, but even if I don't I'm happy that I had several Camaros in my life and a great hobby of driving and modding v8 cars.
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 05:22 AM   #6745
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman View Post
Probably true, if you are worried about your 401K going down 30 percent, and maybe your parents, you ain't thinking about a C8.

I just picked my kid up from school which closed, this is a time for us to be supportive and know that life is great whatever car you own, that there is going to be suffering for a while, business will close and people will die. I look forward to the day when we as a people are stronger, and that I may one day get a C8, but even if I don't I'm happy that I had several Camaros in my life and a great hobby of driving and modding v8 cars.
Well said. It is all perspective. End of the day it is just a stupid car that I don't even need anyway. I tell people all the time in my profession, you can replace physical things but you cannot replace family, friends, and your health.

I do think we will see some heavy repercussions from all this once we're over the hump. With soo many companies shutting down temporarily we will see shortages of essential supplies. Already we're seeing shortages of medical supplies. And this is just the start. It is gonna get worse. So it is a good time to be thankful to have the important things.

But I still want my C8. LOL!!!
Old 03-14-2020, 03:58 PM   #6746
oldman

I'm hopeful that this is just a bump (probably is), the virus affects old people so that would be me. I still want a C8 too. It is all perspective, my daughter's scholarship (to Washington and Lee) could buy a ZL1 1LE and a GT500 and probably a C8 tossed in and she turned it down on a whim.... I'm like what?? You know sweety pie, you are really affecting my tag line bellow.... LOL.
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
Old 03-15-2020, 10:35 AM   #6747
RobbyBeefcake87

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Anyone see Stangmodes video where he runs his "stock" gt500 vs some old guy racing his c8 for the first time?. Gt500 10.7 c8 11.5. Pretty disappointing that that c8 onpy ran mid 11s but you could tell the old guy was not experienced, car was spinning and not leaving hard as well as not being able to do a burnout, also not sure if it wse a z51, but Stangmode sure ran with it calling the c8 a mid 11 second car and about as fast as an 18 mustang gt lol.

The trap speed on the c8 kind of sucked at like 120mph or so. I was hoping to see low 120s and high 10s et.
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
2017 Corvette Grandsport (sold) - untouched.
2006 GTO (sold) - iat relocation, air box mod, monero side marker lights.
RobbyBeefcake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 12:14 PM   #6748
oldman

Given some time, some lightweight rims and tires, and other simple weight mods, good conditions and driver (don't even think you will need a Z51), there will be 10s. For the base, which is what I would get, sooner or later I'd buy and then ceramic coat the factory headers, probably look at widening the cat converters too (same as what I did on my Camaro). Of course like all cheating 1/4 drag racers, unless my engine has a supercharger sticking out of the hood, it is "stock" for anybody that asks, it is called racing after all which is a form of competition. My 440 Dart? mostly stock 340, open the hood, that is a Mopar performance distributor in front relocation kit (makes it easy to change points and condenser)... OK then. I know it is only Mustang racers that have 100% dealer stock cars at the race tracs.... just saying. I cheat... never said otherwise. Heck, I had all the LS1 free mods... before Hutch even had a LS1. If you don't know, you were not there.