Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 03-26-2020, 03:36 PM   #85
Yves ZL1

Drives: Canadian 2019 BLACK ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by pauly1119 View Post
Track Cooling Package with engine oil, differential and transmission coolers
Satin Black hood with carbon-fiber air extractor Larger front splitter and integrated dive planes Exposed weave carbon-fiber rear wing adds up to 300 lbs. of downforce Multimatic™ DSSV dampers with adjustable front ride height
Adjustable front camber plates and rear stabilizer bar Lightweight 19-inch forged-aluminum wheels and thats just off the top of my head. I know there is more.
That’ s what I said... It isn’t worth because ... that does bring nothing to thé car... except on a track use...
and i think it’s better to get a non le on the Classic roads...
I préfer magnetic suspension... tirés less slick, i find zl1’s wheels better...
Thé only thing i love is thé 1 le aero wing and front wing on both side...
And i would have taken thé pdr if I could on mine ...🙂🙂🙂
Yves ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 03:55 PM   #86
pauly1119

Drives: 2018 ZLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yves ZL1 View Post
That’ s what I said... It isn’t worth because ... that does bring nothing to thé car... except on a track use...
and i think it’s better to get a non le on the Classic roads...
I préfer magnetic suspension... tirés less slick, i find zl1’s wheels better...
Thé only thing i love is thé 1 le aero wing and front wing on both side...
And i would have taken thé pdr if I could on mine ...🙂🙂🙂
Must be a pretty rare car by you? I agree you can’t go wrong either way that’s for sure. Both cars have pluses and minuses but you can’t go wrong either way.
pauly1119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 04:31 PM   #87
Lafourche1

Drives: 2019 CLA 450 Mercedes
Quote:
Originally Posted by pauly1119 View Post
Track Cooling Package with engine oil, differential and transmission coolers
Satin Black hood with carbon-fiber air extractor Larger front splitter and integrated dive planes Exposed weave carbon-fiber rear wing adds up to 300 lbs. of downforce Multimatic™ DSSV dampers with adjustable front ride height
Adjustable front camber plates and rear stabilizer bar Lightweight 19-inch forged-aluminum wheels and thats just off the top of my head. I know there is more.
All ZL1s have the track cooling package. with engine oil, differential and transmission coolers.

The hood is a wrap. The exposed carbon fiber weave heat extractor is an option on the ZL1. Mine has it. Just like mine has the PDR.

The Dynamic Suspension Spool Valve Formula 1 derived suspension is the real deal. However, it is significantly stiffer over any type of choppy surface. Try going over some railroad tracks a few times.

FWIW the ZL1 has a rear spoiler that also applies down force. I cannot remember the number of pounds (not the 300 at 150MPH), but it does supply down force. The ZLE spoiler does add drag (down force equates to more drag) and thus the ZLE has a lower top speed. The ZLE typically traps a bit lower through the quarter mile, too. Oh, yea they tend to be just a bit slower in ET, as well.
Lafourche1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 06:51 PM   #88
ChrisRa13

Drives: 2019 Camaro ZL1 1LE
Quick and easy answer...
Daily driver? ZL1 still fairly rare where I'm from.
Play Car/Track Car? ZLE all day.
ZLE is cooler, let's all be honest.
ChrisRa13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 07:04 PM   #89
L78toLT1

Drives: Hyper Blue 2016 2SS 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by URBAN LEGEND View Post
Then I declare by the definition of ricer given in this very thread that YOU are not a RICER!
I'll take that as a compliment!
2016 Hyper Blue 2SS/6m/MRC/NPP/Silver Rally stripes/ZL1 wheels & brakes/GForce DS and axles/ZLE Cradle Bushings/FE4 ARB front & rear/SEMA Grill/Rotofab dry/95mm TB/Magnuson 2300/Full LT4 fuel system/JMS boost-a-pump/E85 Sensor/Ported CID heads from LME/Cammotion PD cam/Thompson Motorsports forged shortblock/catted Kooks 1 7/8 headers /JRE remote tuned
L78toLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 07:22 PM   #90
URBAN LEGEND

Drives: 20 X3M CP & 19 ZL1 1LE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by L78toLT1 View Post
I'll take that as a compliment!
For sure.
Old 03-26-2020, 08:10 PM   #91
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by URBAN LEGEND View Post
Then I declare by the definition of ricer given in this very thread that YOU are not a RICER!
He's a "proper ZLE owner" like me.
Old 03-26-2020, 08:40 PM   #92
BanOne

Drives: 1977 Pontiac Trans Am
[QUOTE=TheRealJA105;10753495]The ZLE ricers don't listen to logic from lesser owners of ZL1s or god forbid SSs like myself. The fact is if they bought a ZLE and don't track it, they bought it for ricer reasons.

And how much of that do you use on the streets and at cars and coffee? Well i'm sure you talk about it a bunch at cars n coffee. But it's funny that you think the track cooling is ZLE specific because guess what? My SS has it too.

This is 100% the right setup and decision!!!

And while your last question may be true and it's not my money, the fact is what i said above for anyone that doesn't take a ZLE

Proper ZLE owner![/QUOT

Just seems like the internet makes everyone 10ft tall
BanOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 08:55 PM   #93
URBAN LEGEND

Drives: 20 X3M CP & 19 ZL1 1LE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
He's a "proper ZLE owner" like me.
MLEE is not a ricer guys!
Old 03-26-2020, 09:49 PM   #94
Dave-ROR

Drives: A few
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJA105 View Post
I love it when ricers say this every time i call them out. Like I said it's your money, I'm just stating the facts.
You are stating an opinion, not a fact.

My ZLE has far more track miles than street miles but I won't look down on those who buy a ZLE simply because.. well.. they want one. They might like it's looks more or simply want the most special model (this happens in the Porsche world ALL THE TIME...).

Your opinion that they are ricers is just that.. an opinion. And you are entitled to your own opinions of course.
HPDE/DD: 2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE || HPDE/DD: 2015 Subaru BRZ ||Tow Vehicle: 2004 GMC Sierra 2500 8.1L || Weekend toy: 1994 MR2 Turbo || The other weekend toy: 1993 MR2 Turbo || Track car: 1998 Integra Type-R || Race car: 1996 Integra GS-R || New race car build: 1992 Honda Civic Hatchback

Too many cars.. never.
Dave-ROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 09:51 PM   #95
Dave-ROR

Drives: A few
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell Raiser View Post
Everyone that owns a certain vehicle it is the best that ever been made, If they own Zl1 it is the best.If they own a ZL1E it is the best. It does not matter who owns what it is all in one favor, It is the price we pay to own the best vehicle we think is the best. Close subject
I don't know.. in many ways I actually enjoyed tracking my SS1LE more than the ZLE. The reduced weight transforms the car IMO. I don't regret buying the ZLE.. but I wouldn't have regretted keeping the SS1LE either I just couldn't resist the price I paid for the ZLE.

An SS1LE with boltons, tune, better suspension (DSSV or just very good dampers and rates tuned for your usage) would, IMO, be a better street and track car than the ZLE. The power is awesome but meh.
HPDE/DD: 2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE || HPDE/DD: 2015 Subaru BRZ ||Tow Vehicle: 2004 GMC Sierra 2500 8.1L || Weekend toy: 1994 MR2 Turbo || The other weekend toy: 1993 MR2 Turbo || Track car: 1998 Integra Type-R || Race car: 1996 Integra GS-R || New race car build: 1992 Honda Civic Hatchback

Too many cars.. never.
Dave-ROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 10:48 PM   #96
SFV1LE

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave-ROR View Post
I don't know.. in many ways I actually enjoyed tracking my SS1LE more than the ZLE. The reduced weight transforms the car IMO. I don't regret buying the ZLE.. but I wouldn't have regretted keeping the SS1LE either I just couldn't resist the price I paid for the ZLE.

An SS1LE with boltons, tune, better suspension (DSSV or just very good dampers and rates tuned for your usage) would, IMO, be a better street and track car than the ZLE. The power is awesome but meh.
Isn't the SS 1LE only about 70 lbs lighter than the ZL1 1LE? I realize that's significant, but if the extra 70 makes a big difference there are some quick ways to reduce the ZLE weight like wheels, rear seat delete, racing seats, etc.
SFV1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 10:55 PM   #97
TRZ06

Drives: 22' Porsche PDK GT4
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFV1LE View Post
Isn't the SS 1LE only about 70 lbs lighter than the ZL1 1LE? I realize that's significant, but if the extra 70 makes a big difference there are some quick ways to reduce the ZLE weight like wheels, rear seat delete, racing seats, etc.
It's more of the where that extra weight is at, not the weight itself. Most of that additional weight is in front of the front axle, right where you do not want it at.

At least on the ZLE I am sure they mask it well though with the super aggressive tires, less rubber bushings and wider tires in the front. The regular ZL1 would fair worst from a handling perspective.

The SS 1LE strikes a good balance with almost 50/50 weight distribution. I believe it is 52/48

Previous:
18' NFG 2SS 1LE (ZL1 1LE solid rear cradle bushings & Corsa Exhaust)
16' F80 M3 (Ohlin R/T Coilovers)
13' Audi TTRS (APR Stage 1, MSS Springs)
09' C6 Z06
08' E90 M3
06' 335i (KW V2 Coilovers)
03' C5 Z06
TRZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 11:06 PM   #98
1hprush
2018 ZL1 1LE

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisRa13 View Post
Quick and easy answer...
Daily driver? ZL1 still fairly rare where I'm from.
Play Car/Track Car? ZLE all day.
ZLE is cooler, let's all be honest.
Love this car (ZLE) and I don't even track it, but if I did, I'm sure you would have a hard time getting me out of it! The looks get me every time, I knew I had to have it.

What city are you in?
1hprush is offline   Reply With Quote