Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 01-23-2020, 01:19 PM   #6679
Laststandard

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW-99SS View Post
Eagerly waiting Randy P. or another semi-pro or pro to drive both cars, same day, same track.
Throttle House is doing a test at Willow Springs with Cammisa and Pobst. GT500 v ZLE v Redeye. Should be good.

One of the Throttle House guys posted in the ZL1 subsection looking for a ZLE to borrow, so figured something good was up.
Old 01-23-2020, 01:27 PM   #6680
TheRealJA105

Drives: 2013 C6Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
At least you can laugh at yourself. That's another good way to deflect and avoid facts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laststandard View Post
LMAO. So I take it you've never been on a road course? Why is it so hard to admit you're full of shit? Just own up to the fact that this 180mph you claim to hit was on some 4-6 lane highway while you were roll 'racing'.
We all know there's no road course in the US that the ZL1 will hit 180mph. Especially with you driving.
He hasn't and everyone knows it, but he's just too delusional to admit he's lying because he would have to keep admitting he was wrong on so many other things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
You say you don’t want this place to turn into M6G, but these are the comments that make forums go down that road.

It’s pretty obvious he is willing to go faster than 105mph. Unfortunately the main (only) track in town by us isn’t laid out in a way to go much faster. That’s as about as fast as I’ve gotten down the main straight.

Going fast in a straight line isn’t that big of deal nor hard to do, I’m not sure why some think it is. Or why people use it as some sort of bragging right.
100%,but all Blaq has to brag about though is how he may have hit 180mph once illegally on some highway and that he makes enough money to lease cool cars. He doesn't answer legitimate questions because everyone who asks him something or proves him wrong is a troll.

Quote:
Because they could throw tires where the back seat would have been?

Agreed it's not a proper track test. It does offer a small confirmation that the CFTP GT500 isn't a ZLE beater...it can nearly match the ZLE in a mag driver's hands on a short, smooth, non-technical track.

Eagerly waiting Randy P. or another semi-pro or pro to drive both cars, same day, same track.
Still no lap times from C&D, like we said Ford must not be allowing them.
TheRealJA105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 01:40 PM   #6681
minn19

Drives: 22 ZL1, 20 Taco, 20 Cayenne S
Quote:
Throttle House is doing a test at Willow Springs with Cammisa and Pobst. GT500 v ZLE v Redeye. Should be good.

One of the Throttle House guys posted in the ZL1 subsection looking for a ZLE to borrow, so figured something good was up.
Nice, that is what we are all looking forward to, except the Redeye part. It's fun/great muscle car, but I don't get its inclusion against the other two. I guess for drag racing/street driving.
minn19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 01:52 PM   #6682
Laststandard

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
Nice, that is what we are all looking forward to, except the Redeye part. It's fun/great muscle car, but I don't get its inclusion against the other two. I guess for drag racing/street driving.
It's the 'Murican trifecta. I hate to admit it, but part of me really likes those RE widebodies. If I wanted a big dumb car to cruise around in it'd be one of those.
Old 01-23-2020, 02:10 PM   #6683
minn19

Drives: 22 ZL1, 20 Taco, 20 Cayenne S
Quote:
It's the 'Murican trifecta. I hate to admit it, but part of me really likes those RE widebodies. If I wanted a big dumb car to cruise around in it'd be one of those.
Don't get me wrong, I like them to for what they are. But, I think we know enough how they perform in comparison like these. It simply can't hang with ZL1s and GT500s performance wise.

Now if I was buying a car just for power, fun and cruising in comfort, I'd definitely look at a Hellcat Challenger/Charger. I almost had my wife convinced to get a HC Charger over her M550, but she was pretty worried about the RWD in winter here (even with snows). I can't blame her, she lets me have my fun car so I can't say much when she wants what she wants car wise. There is something very cool about a factory 700 plus horse sedan.
minn19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 02:20 PM   #6684
NW-99SS

Drives: 1999 Camaro SS M6 - SBE LS1
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
Thanks for the cliff notes, don't have time to watch the full video right now. This continues to stack evidence to me that the CFTP is not worth it's price tag

BUT Also makes me think that the Base 500 can beat a base ZL1 around a track. Seems to me like the gap between the base 500 and CFTP isn't as wide as ZL1 and ZLE
I'm thinking similarly - I would say A10 ZLE is slightly quicker on a road course than the CFTP, but base to base is the GT500 advantage, maybe slightly the other way.

Of course, straight line doesn't even need to be discussed, Camaro does well for 650hp but can't truly compete when down 110 hp.

Quote:

Awesome, hope they found an A10 ZLE for that test!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJA105 View Post
Still no lap times from C&D, like we said Ford must not be allowing them.
Probably true - or they would have released them. Although these are the same 3 cars and auto-journalists as their drag race, just seems they took two highly spec'd track cars and did standing figure 8s with them...sad actually.

Quote:
HC RE is easily the most comfortable. Wish a manual was available on all of these cars. Cruiser needs to be manual to earn a spot in my garage.
2017 Yukon Denali 6.2
NW-99SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 02:34 PM   #6685
TheRealJA105

Drives: 2013 C6Z06
Quote:
HC RE is easily the most comfortable. Wish a manual was available on all of these cars. Cruiser needs to be manual to earn a spot in my garage.
Nothing wrong with a regular Hellcat M6. I think Dodge didn't bother with the M6 in the Redeye because they are quite a bit slower even in the regular Hellcats.
TheRealJA105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 03:00 PM   #6686
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Another car I think deserves to be thrown in all the comparisons is the GTR and M5. They are priced in the range of the CF5 and both have more to offer. I don't think the B5/CF5 would stand a shot against those two but it would be fun to see them all lined up.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 03:08 PM   #6687
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Another car I think deserves to be thrown in all the comparisons is the GTR and M5. They are priced in the range of the CF5 and both have more to offer. I don't think the B5/CF5 would stand a shot against those two but it would be fun to see them all lined up.
I must be missing the obvious here. What is a B5? What is a CF5?
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 03:10 PM   #6688
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
I must be missing the obvious here. What is a B5? What is a CF5?
Short for Base GT500 and CF GT500. Too much to write.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 03:16 PM   #6689
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:

I gotta disagree. But we will see soon. More tests are on the way for sure.
You may be right, I am just making a guess on the limited evidence we have.

From what we have seen the base 500 is closer to the CFTP(which is good for the base or bad for the CFTP) than the ZL1 is to the ZLE.

Base 500 was what 3 seconds slower than the CFTP around VIR Full. The ZLE was almost 4 or 5 seconds faster than the ZL1 at the VIR layout used in LL. So if the CFTP is within spitting distance of the ZLE, the Base 500 in theory should be slightly head of the base ZL1 or right there with it
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 03:22 PM   #6690
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin

Interesting comments about the tires on the ZLE. Have there been any ZL1s run with ZLE tires and compared?

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 03:46 PM   #6691
RobbyBeefcake87

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJA105 View Post
Nothing wrong with a regular Hellcat M6. I think Dodge didn't bother with the M6 in the Redeye because they are quite a bit slower even in the regular Hellcats.
Yea and you can get that hellcat in wide body and be pretty damn close to an m6 redeye.
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
2017 Corvette Grandsport (sold) - untouched.
2006 GTO (sold) - iat relocation, air box mod, monero side marker lights.
RobbyBeefcake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 03:47 PM   #6692
RobbyBeefcake87

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:

A part of me really wants them to run and m6 and a10 ZLE for shits and gigs. At VIR the m6 seemed to hold it's own against the a10.
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
2017 Corvette Grandsport (sold) - untouched.
2006 GTO (sold) - iat relocation, air box mod, monero side marker lights.
RobbyBeefcake87 is offline   Reply With Quote