Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Phastek Performance

Old 07-30-2019, 04:32 PM   #1
laxer12

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro SS 2019
Multiple Problems with New Camaro SS 2019

I bought a new 2019 Camaro 1SS from the dealership a few months ago and have had problems since I bought it. Right away I noticed a clicking noise when accelerating. After driving the car for a few weeks I took it in to the dealership to get it checked out and turned out the rear differential was bad and needed to be replaced. They replaced it for me under warranty. I drove it for another couple of weeks and then the check engine light came on. I took it back to the dealership again and found out the catalytic converter is bad and they are currently ordering parts to replace it.

My question is, should I be worried about already having multiple problems with a new camaro/is this normal? It still has less than 1500 miles on it. Should I reach out to GM or take any kind of action yet? I am worried I will continue to have more problems in the future.
laxer12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 04:36 PM   #2
Airfuel

Drives: '19 2SS M6.
What kind of action?

You had two problems under warranty and both fixed.

Enjoy your car.
Old 07-30-2019, 05:33 PM   #3
PnCRedJwl2SS
Howdy! Pete here...

Drives: 2017 50th Anniv 2SS, A8, NPP, MRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airfuel View Post
What kind of action?

You had two problems under warranty and both fixed.

Enjoy your car.
RIGHT ?!

PnCRedJwl2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 05:57 PM   #4
laxer12

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro SS 2019
Thank you for the response. By take action I just mean notify that there has been problems so they have a record if this continues to happen in the future. This is my first time owning a Camaro and I am mainly concerned about how serious these problems are for the future.

I have been enjoying the car, but having a brand new car sit in the dealership for the better part of the past two months while I wait for them to order replacement parts and fix the car is no fun!
laxer12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 06:09 PM   #5
Joshinator99

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by laxer12 View Post
Thank you for the response. By take action I just mean notify that there has been problems so they have a record if this continues to happen in the future. This is my first time owning a Camaro and I am mainly concerned about how serious these problems are for the future.

I have been enjoying the car, but having a brand new car sit in the dealership for the better part of the past two months while I wait for them to order replacement parts and fix the car is no fun!
Agreed, but to be fair, I think it’s safe to say the 2 issues are definitely unrelated...! So hopefully it was a just a small bump in the road and you’re good to go for a while now.

Tags
1ss camaro, catalytic converter, rear differential, warranty