Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Phastek Performance

Old 01-29-2019, 05:23 PM   #113
karmatourer
STD free

Drives: 2018 Bright Yellow LGX M6 RS NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverado57 View Post
Since 1983 my wife and I have purchased 12 new Chevrolets and have put over 1.4 million miles on them. In all that time, we have only had two of what I would call major repairs for parts - a water pump in an 89 Caprice and a fuel pump in an 00 Silverado. Both vehicles had high mileage at the time.

We're either the luckiest people in the driving universe or some of youse are not. Just sayin'...
Yeah,just sayin'. GM makes incredible cars that never break. Don't choke on your popcorn.
karmatourer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 05:28 PM   #114
karmatourer
STD free

Drives: 2018 Bright Yellow LGX M6 RS NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroChk View Post
I have/am currently in the middle of a lemon law claim for my 2017 Camaro 50th Anniversary 2SS. So sad.

The dealer had the car at the beginning of Dec for the 10 day final service to see if they could get it running right, which it did for 2 days, then had the torque converter issue.

Currently GM are refusing to fix it until this new fluid comes out and my car is not drive-able. The dealer (not the dealer I bought it off by the way who refused to do any more servicing on the car after it hit the 20 day 'in the shop' limit, which pissed me off to no end), but another dealer I previously leased a 2015 v6 Camaro off, has been wonderful and they are going to check the TC for damage so they can show GM and replace it.

No idea if this will fix the issue. Here's hoping.

My poor thing has had these issues (in order):

1. License plate light fell out 2 days after buying it
2. Roof lining coming apart from door jam (reglued)
3. Diff groan (flushed)
4. A/C leak onto accelerator pedal (resealed)
4. REAR camera doesn't turn off after switching from R to D. (installed update)
5. Hood sensor broke. (that was annoying) (replaced sensor)
6. Main display not showing fan control or phone call info (replaced HMI module & Radio tuner)
7. Bluetooth not disconnecting phone calls even when Im standing outside the locked car. The phone call was still going on in the car (that was fun!) (replaced HMI module & Radio tuner)
8. Torque converter issue (current) (no ETA)

These were from improperly re-installed dash after a/c leak fix:
4a. Glove compartment slams open
4b. HVAC system flaps very noisy and would be a noticeable THUMP when you changed from feet to anything else.
4c. HUD display dropping after a bumpy road
4d. HUD display only showing 2 of the 4 rotations of info under the MPH.
(For this they had to replace part of the dash as parts under the main dash had warped from being installed incorrectly. Reinstalling the dash and replacing the warped part fixed most of these issues except 4d, which 6 and 7 helped fix)

ALSO:
I have been locked in and also been unable to lock the car at times (I have video of this but the dealer cant replicate and doesnt know why it happened). This locked my 6 yr old daughter in the car briefly for 15 mins. Both happened after going through car washes at the dealer.

So yeah DAMN RIGHT I have a lemon claim in. For now I have a car I'm paying off that I cant drive, and no other car so yay. Thanks GM. We had planned on purchasing my kids leased cars which are Chevys, but we will not now. Especially from the dealer who refused to work on my car.

I am disappointed in this car. I had my 2015 1LT Camaro for 2 years and not a single issue. This one......just just....sigh..
I filed in Florida back in mid-'90s with a new Miata and had far fewer issues. It was easy to do and very well worth the $50 bill back then. Good on you for filing. Far more affected people should.
karmatourer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 08:11 PM   #115
mgwarlock
Nightfall Gray Blackout

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
My dealer seem to be unaware or in denial around Oct- Nov 2018 and told me to come back after they get the part of another recall they have to do.
This week, January 28th, 2019, they said that they will change the transmission fluid of the car. I will drive it for a week or two and see if I should call the law firm and be on it.
I do not care if I get a penny but we must be heard and not taken advantage.
GM has to own it and admit that this is happening to a lot of owners.
mgwarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 01:08 PM   #116
indyz

Drives: 2SS, CT-R, LC500
Are any dealers in here?
indyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 02:12 PM   #117
Calvear0

Drives: Currently Looking for 2019 SS
GM bought my car back but their reason for the buyback was the Bluetooth feature wasn't working. I'm going to wait some time to see how the 10 speed on the SS turns out. The A8 shuddering was my turn off.
Calvear0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 07:04 AM   #118
gen5wannabe

Drives: dodge avenger
Issues with Corvettes, issues with Camaros. It's like a Club for Misery and drinking Kool Aid ....
gen5wannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 07:41 PM   #119
kusirou

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Hyper Blue Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeverton View Post
I'm so glad I sold my A8 2016 2SS at the first sign of the transmission issues. Good luck to all in the CALS.
I got out of mine very early as well sadly... I also had "Service Brake Assist" and the the braking system messed up. My 2014 v6 Camaro literally had no issues though so this experience was doubly bad.

I want to get a camaro again, but it seems like it could be crap shoot. =_=
kusirou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 08:27 PM   #120
Stex

Drives: 67 goat, 69 goat ram air III
[QUOTE=kusirou;10446453]I got out of mine very early as well sadly... I also had "Service Brake Assist" and the the braking system messed up. My 2014 v6 Camaro literally had no issues though so this experience was doubly bad.

I want to get a camaro again, but it seems like it could be crap shoot. =_=[/QUOTE]

This. I am sitting out till I hear better news. All Camaro, Sub and Trucks. Burned by PVC and AFM issues. DFM unknow and the trans issue is enough for me to drive my current, know the issues, GMs a little longer. The Honda and Acura are higher Miles but still going for now (knock on wood) .

Last edited by Stex; 02-25-2019 at 08:48 PM.
Stex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 01:26 AM   #121
asthmamax11

Drives: 1SS Summit White 6 speed
Disappointment runs high when you buy a $50k CAMARO first model year brand new
Solo Performance Cat deletes and Axleback
Hurst short shifter
#'s coming soon

Riaction coilovers
1LE sway bars
BMR mm
BMR chassis brace

Flow one 19" wheels wrapped in Mickey Thompsons

02 Z28 M6 35th anniversary
80k miles
T-tops
Leather
Bolt ons
Joy to drive this classic every day!
Daily Driver
asthmamax11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 03:49 PM   #122
vidkidZ
Mobile/Embedded Architect

Drives: '16 2SS white convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by asthmamax11 View Post
Disappointment runs high when you buy a $50k CAMARO first model year brand new
I couldn't agree more. I've recently filed in Washington State and won't consider a replacement Camaro. I've been plagued with too many transmission and convertible top problems to count with well over 100 days in service.

This car is plagued with too many design issues and I've dealt with too much BS.
vidkidZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 03:20 PM   #123
Hyperion

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS A8
Anyone know the deadline to get on board with the class action?
Hyperion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 02:06 PM   #124
CamaroChk

Drives: 2018 2SS Camaro
They replaced my old Camaro earlier this year. It took a while, about 3 months, but was totally worth it. I ended up buying a newer model and got a better deal. Love my new Camaro, even though its had a torque converter issue and the diff groan, I have a better dealer to talk things over with and it just runs better.

With the new car I also figured out I had a ton of other problems with my old car that I didn't even realise, like swapping between sport and tour modes never changed anything. Now I notice how heavy the steering gets in Track mode among other things. It's crazy how awful the old car was.

Keep track of your service visits. It's VERY EASY to do a lemon claim. I did it all myself and didn't use a lawyer. Just make sure you've got all your paperwork. However, the dealer has to supply the paperwork also to GM. So if youre missing something, its not a big deal. You can also request a copy of all the paperwork from them.
CamaroChk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
automatic, shudder, torque converter, transmission