Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 12-14-2019, 04:05 PM   #15
Umbriel

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by danhr View Post
Friend of mine has a d1sc with 4.5 pulley, stock lt1 fueling, dual nozzle meth kit. Not out of fuel.... 680 rwhp
The meth is making up the extra fueling needed, theoretically the stock LT1 system could fuel 2000 HP like that, I'm sure you know that though. I personally do not want to run meth on my build as it's another thing to fail, I actually had a pump failure on my last build but got lucky and caught it before damage occurred so no more meth for me.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Umbriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 04:25 PM   #16
danhr
BAMF SS

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS A8
Send a message via AIM to danhr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbriel View Post
The meth is making up the extra fueling needed, theoretically the stock LT1 system could fuel 2000 HP like that, I'm sure you know that though. I personally do not want to run meth on my build as it's another thing to fail, I actually had a pump failure on my last build but got lucky and caught it before damage occurred so no more meth for me.

Any time you use meth on the lt1, you are using it for fuel. I didnt know there was a system on the market where you could place a check mark or uncheck a box if you want to use meth as an intercooler without using it as a fuel on the gen v motor.

OP never mentioned any opposition to using meth.... just wanted to know if d1x and lt1 fueling is possible... and it is... with meth

Stock Longblock

800 SAE rwhp. 9.4 @ 145 mph.
danhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 05:18 PM   #17
Umbriel

Quote:
Any time you use meth on the lt1, you are using it for fuel. I didnt know there was a system on the market where you could place a check mark or uncheck a box if you want to use meth as an intercooler without using it as a fuel on the gen v motor.

OP never mentioned any opposition to using meth.... just wanted to know if d1x and lt1 fueling is possible... and it is... with meth
Yeah he never mentioned it so I assumed he wanted to not use it, if he didn't mind using it the question wouldn't even need to be asked.

Old 12-14-2019, 05:35 PM   #18
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
Yea it's hard to beat meth for additional fueling from a cost perspective. 600.00 kit can get you all you need to make over 700whp easily with stock fuel system.
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 05:50 PM   #19
Umbriel

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLT1 View Post
Yea it's hard to beat meth for additional fueling from a cost perspective. 600.00 kit can get you all you need to make over 700whp easily with stock fuel system.
After my pump failure I am very leery of using meth and even though it cost me A LOT more I went with a new intake with port injection bungs and a secondary port injection system from Crawford Racing. I now have enough fuel system for 1400 HP on E85 and I plan on making out these two 6871s going on it.

Old 12-14-2019, 06:25 PM   #20
TheDamme94

Drives: 2016 D1X Procharged Black 1SS
With a meth kit though stock pistons become a ticking time bomb in the higher boost ranges correct? I mean i dont have any aversions to meth injection as a fuel supplement. Port injection is my future goal to have but as of now it takes money to play and port injection kits are high dollar
TheDamme94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 07:04 PM   #21
Umbriel

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDamme94 View Post
With a meth kit though stock pistons become a ticking time bomb in the higher boost ranges correct? I mean i dont have any aversions to meth injection as a fuel supplement. Port injection is my future goal to have but as of now it takes money to play and port injection kits are high dollar
They are expensive, my intake was $2700 and my fuel system was $5000 but it will make 1400 on E85. Meth is a cheap alternative for sure, I wouldn't worry too much about pistons and rods until you are over 700, anything under that you should be ok. There have been multiple people that have pushed the stock bottom end over 800 with no issues.

Old 12-14-2019, 07:49 PM   #22
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
Quote:
After my pump failure I am very leery of using meth and even though it cost me A LOT more I went with a new intake with port injection bungs and a secondary port injection system from Crawford Racing. I now have enough fuel system for 1400 HP on E85 and I plan on making out these two 6871s going on it.

Yea I agree...which is why I spent money on a fuel system.
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 02:13 AM   #23
danhr
BAMF SS

Quote:
Incorrect. Meth is actually what SAVES the pistons... not the opposite

Stock Longblock

Old 12-15-2019, 08:49 AM   #24
Umbriel

Quote:
Incorrect. Meth is actually what SAVES the pistons... not the opposite
I think he is just referring to making more power with meth which the pistons can't handle? If I am interpreting it wrong then nevermind.

Old 12-15-2019, 09:12 AM   #25
danhr
BAMF SS

Quote:
I think he is just referring to making more power with meth which the pistons can't handle? If I am interpreting it wrong then nevermind.

Also incorrect. Hp isnt what kills pistons... it's the heat. Which is why some people blow a piston with sub 600 reho numbers and others get away with 700+ and 800+ on stock bottom end

Stock Longblock

Old 12-15-2019, 04:14 PM   #26
Umbriel

Quote:
Also incorrect. Hp isnt what kills pistons... it's the heat. Which is why some people blow a piston with sub 600 reho numbers and others get away with 700+ and 800+ on stock bottom end
I was just trying to refer to what he might be thinking was all, just like people say the LT1 can't handle more than 10 pounds of boost when it isn't the amount of boost that's the problem. There are multiple people over 800 on SBE but I didn't want to deal with it so I went forged.

Old 12-15-2019, 06:24 PM   #27
TheDamme94

Drives: 2016 D1X Procharged Black 1SS
So it is all reliant on tuner and setup of meth kit when it comes to SBE boosted applications to control heat. Which parameter would be the ideal to watch for piston health under boost? IATs, AFR, Lambda? Sorry for so many questions, this discussion has taken a turn to such an interesting topic and im super curious about these setups
TheDamme94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 07:20 PM   #28
danhr
BAMF SS

Quote:
I was just trying to refer to what he might be thinking was all, just like people say the LT1 can't handle more than 10 pounds of boost when it isn't the amount of boost that's the problem. There are multiple people over 800 on SBE but I didn't want to deal with it so I went forged.

really? who has 800+ rwhp on a SBE lt1? I only knew of one.

Quote:
So it is all reliant on tuner and setup of meth kit when it comes to SBE boosted applications to control heat. Which parameter would be the ideal to watch for piston health under boost? IATs, AFR, Lambda? Sorry for so many questions, this discussion has taken a turn to such an interesting topic and im super curious about these setups
either meth or e85, imo. That's just my personal opinion. and those questions are something you need to bring up with your tuner, not a forum. there's A LOT of different ways to skin the cat as far as tuning FI LT1s...… some people run them a little fatter with more timing... some run them leaner with less. some think an lt4 fueling system is mandatory.... some think meth is mandatory. it all varies on your tuners approach... so pick your tuner and trust them.

Stock Longblock