Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 12-18-2018, 11:45 AM   #29
18ss376

Drives: Camaro
Hey I'm not the one that spent $41.60 nor would I pay that much.
WeaponX is one of our vendors on here anyway, don't think they would sell junk.
18ss376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 01:12 PM   #30
VinnAY
Account Suspended

Drives: 18 1SS/1LE
So the implication is when you see shavings and debris there that you're going to pull the motor and rebuild it? Or warranty it? I'm ultimately curious what you really think you're going to do with this information should it show itself.

(a little sarcasm there)
VinnAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 01:34 PM   #31
18ss376

Drives: Camaro
Or just do this, if your so worried about stuff in your oil.
(sarcasm intended)
https://www.blackstone-labs.com
18ss376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 01:35 PM   #32
awrj2000

Drives: 2016 2SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrior102 View Post
Well, I guess this is the answer, I would rather the blue epoxy and I live on Cape Cod, no salt yet other than in the water. On the positive side, they read and answer inquiries.

"Yes the blue coated plugs were an offering going back but no one liked the color so by popular demand we switched to the original factory coating for that size which is black. A new web site in being done so I can make all changes, myself. So I can keep it up to date.
We have to make them out of steel so the magnet will stick to the metal besides being epoxy coated, otherwise I would make them out of stainless which 316 stainless looks rusty on the surface as well.

I would say in your climate since September with the salts on the road and all, it would rust. Some cars come with a plastic shield at the bottom of the car to keep spray off the engine components, which helps some.

The plug will continue to work beautifully for the life of the car.
To ensure no surface rust paint the outside of the plug with Glyptol or an electrical wire sealing varnish, I suggested that to a Michigan maintenance group and after use they loved the results so much they even painted the whole rear ends for their snow plowing trucks. Extreme salt conditions, for sure, so it will work on your car as well"
I have the blue one and I personally like it. So the statement above from the manufacture is clearly incorrect.

I would be upset as well if my plug looked as yours does.

Part of the reason I went with Dimple was quality and finish... maybe that isn't the case anymore?

As to the epoxy...I work with clear epoxy all the time that can handle high temp and high strength...for that matter and easy to get "J B Weld" would be plenty sufficient....So stainless? (less galling becomes an issue).

To finally elaborate on the final claim of heat and magnets...Every magnet looses magnetism as it heats up. The field becomes weaker. Every magnet offered from any source is "Rare earth" and have the same build and finish... so all will act the same in terms of heat (weaken) or cold (improve).

Maybe the uncoated product should only be 15$ seeing how you need to finish the construction with your own paint.
awrj2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 01:50 PM   #33
ecko04

Drives: Too many to list
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18ss376 View Post
Hey I'm not the one that spent $41.60 nor would I pay that much.

WeaponX is one of our vendors on here anyway, don't think they would sell junk.

WeaponX is a fine vendor. However, there are vendors on forums that profit based off your logic, “Because they are vendors here, they must be good”, that sell junk, and shut down never having shipped a quality item to a customer while ripping them off. By that logic, if they aren’t vendors here, they must sell junk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
ecko04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 02:16 PM   #34
Airfuel

Drives: '19 2SS M6.
Its surface rust and the op lives on the cape surrounded by salt water.

It will not rust away and fail.
More importantly, what did the other side show? Any metal on the magnet?

Last edited by Airfuel; 12-18-2018 at 03:16 PM.
Airfuel is offline   Reply With Quote