Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 08-06-2020, 06:27 PM   #15
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroZeta View Post
Everything that was said previously regarding running without a filter for street is a valid concern and I am sure some will say the risk is worth it to possibly pick up a few extra lbs of boost.

How is no filter going to add even a single lb of boost? This is a centri supercharger. Boost is more a measurement of engine restriction vs wheel flow (which is directly related to wheel speed). Given any reasonable restriction in the intake, the ONLY thing a better flowing intake will do is allow the centri to make the SAME boost with a little less HP drag on the engine PERIOD. How much HP will be saved? Unmeasurable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroZeta View Post

I may entertain the option of running a filter directly on the blower - I have seen a few run that set up but no clue if they actually lost flow from not having the pipe with the curve.
A pancake filter like I ran on my Challenger could help just a tad:

https://www.edelbrock.com/pro-flo-un...let-43610.html

https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/...4&gclsrc=aw.ds

That said the only help is a slight bit less HP needed to drive the centri. Boost is directly related to engine restriction and blower pulley size on a centri PERIOD.
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.

Last edited by oldman; 08-06-2020 at 10:47 PM.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 05:35 PM   #16
greybst

Drives: 2016 2SS Nightfall Grey
ok...so hear it is... picked up 60 RWHP using a bellmouth...the position of the intake protects the procharger....I was a Gas Turnine tech for 26 years...never had any issue with damage....unless i leave a bunch of bolts and remove all protecive crap there is no worries about damage...as for the heat, simple fix...just use some heat shield plates over the headers.
2016 | 2SS Nightfall Grey | Procharger F-1A-94 Street race stage II | Callies forged crank and rods| Weisco Pistons | BTR Cam and head Package | Procharger intake manifold| secondary fuel system |nitrious |custom interchiller in trunk | Detroit speed/ JCI coilovers and bracing | ATAK exhaust | MRR Wheels | 305/285 Perelli's | Black bowties | Dark GM Tails and 3rd Brake Light | Diode Dynanics painted Side Markers | ACS Hood | C-7 Ground Effects | CF OEM Wing.
greybst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 06:53 PM   #17
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
Here, a completely optimized full race set yielded less than 1 PSI of boost at the end of 1/8 mile.
https://www.dragzine.com/tech-storie...uth-air-inlet/

A pulley change of .15 to .25 will yield the same boost and need say 3 to 6 HP to drive. As I have already said, the yield is NOTHING on a street engine that is octane limited.

So your saying you tossed a bell-mouth on and saw 60 HP which is bout 3 to 4 PSI of boost increase.... do tell?

From this article and this is a system that has an intake free and clear of any stuff (not like a 6 gen install). 2PSI on transbrake, actually pretty impressive, (don't know how much RPM and throttle setting is used with a race transbrake) just don't think it is repeatable in something that fits under the hood. Even then the boost can be achieved by pulley change, a street engine is octane limited. Now if the discussion is should I run a bell-mouth on my race car with F1, it would seem so and the OP has a F1, I'll grant that. Just don't know how effective it would be at the current placement withing the engine compartment.

https://www.fordmuscle.com/features/...-both-engines/
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.

Last edited by oldman; 08-14-2020 at 09:23 AM.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote