Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 11-27-2016, 03:46 PM   #15
Atomic Ed

Drives: 2001 Audi TT, 2016 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnta1ss View Post
Look at the issues people are having with the Edlebrock, which has an intercooler, just one that's not quite as good as it should be. Then go all the way to no intercooling at all?
Not sure what issues you are talking about. Those of us that have the Edelbrocks are quite satisfied with them. Heat exchangers, pumps and intercoolers are very comparable with the Maggies.

But hats off to Magnuson on putting this kit out. It's a great way to pick up significant power at a fair price and relatively ease of installation. Nice job Maggie!
Atomic Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 04:20 PM   #16
laynlo15

Drives: 2022 Lt1 A10
Still possibly in my future
2022 Lt1 6.2 A10, Maggie 2300, THPSI Port Inj/10 rib, Rotofab, E, Nickey, SCOL, Griptech, RC Bandits, Hoosiers/MT 9.80@142.96 1.44 60ft, 6.34@112 707/669 RWHP/TRQ. 16SS Maggie 2650 9.41@147 1.35 60ft, 5.99@119. 16 C7 A8 10.90@128 Bolt on stuff
laynlo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 05:27 PM   #17
wnta1ss

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Ed View Post
Not sure what issues you are talking about. Those of us that have the Edelbrocks are quite satisfied with them. Heat exchangers, pumps and intercoolers are very comparable with the Maggies.
Seems to me that some Edelbrock owners have complained about high IATs with their systems, and original (intercooled) Heartbeat owners have not. To me, high IATs are definitely an issue to be concerned about, particularly if the person who is thinking of plunking down thousands of dollars for a kit (the person I was responding to) will be operating their car on the street in high heat conditions.
wnta1ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 06:00 PM   #18
Atomic Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnta1ss View Post
Seems to me that some Edelbrock owners have complained about high IATs with their systems, and original (intercooled) Heartbeat owners have not. To me, high IATs are definitely an issue to be concerned about, particularly if the person who is thinking of plunking down thousands of dollars for a kit (the person I was responding to) will be operating their car on the street in high heat conditions.
You are correct that some of us Edelbrock owners did complain initially about the high IATs, me being one of them. However, we have learned that Edelbrock purposely placed the TMAP sensor almost in the intake port to assure worst case conditions will be monitored. Edelbrock has developed their tune accordingly to this condition. Once the system has been bleed properly, none of us have experienced a loss of power due to high IATs, even in 90*+ days. Like my tuner said, 150* IAT isn't bad after several pulls. He's seen much worse in the CTS-V.
Old 11-27-2016, 06:09 PM   #19
JoeAyalaM
Account Suspended

Drives: Audi S6 V8TT, Volvos XC60 & S60R
Still, I would rather go for the Maggie than the Edelbrook, but may be the ECS will be the way to go, or the Whipple...

You buy a car, then mod it, sell it a couple of years and would like it not to be so expensive, may be the ECS will be easier to install, then unistall and re-sale when the time comes.
JoeAyalaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 06:55 PM   #20
sub_ETCS_ret

Drives: 2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeAyalaM View Post
Still, I would rather go for the Maggie than the Edelbrook, but may be the ECS will be the way to go, or the Whipple...

You buy a car, then mod it, sell it a couple of years and would like it not to be so expensive, may be the ECS will be easier to install, then unistall and re-sale when the time comes.
You would remove yours before selling the car? Wouldn't it be a selling feature? I would by a Supercharged car over one that wasn't.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
"Submariners are a bunch of intelligent misfits that somehow seem to get along, understand each other and work well together." - overheard from a surface officer explaining to another sailor about Submariners
sub_ETCS_ret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 07:12 PM   #21
AbsolutHank

Drives: 2016 Corvette Z06 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by sub_ETCS_ret View Post
You would remove yours before selling the car? Wouldn't it be a selling feature? I would by a Supercharged car over one that wasn't.

As someone who has bought and sold many modified cars, you're definitely in the minority.
2013 Dodge Viper #44/150 Launch Edition IG:@absoluthank
20/21 BC Forged Wheels : BC Coilovers: TA Aero
AbsolutHank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 07:13 PM   #22
sub_ETCS_ret

Drives: 2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsolutHank View Post
As someone who has bought and sold many modified cars, you're definitely in the minority.
That's good to know. Thanks.

"Submariners are a bunch of intelligent misfits that somehow seem to get along, understand each other and work well together." - overheard from a surface officer explaining to another sailor about Submariners
sub_ETCS_ret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 09:44 PM   #23
Atomic Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeAyalaM View Post

So true.

My plans are to hang on to this car for quite a while, otherwise, I wouldn't have modified it. My crystal ball tells me that these kinds of cars aren't going to be offered forever. Get 'em while you can and keep them.

I've hung on to my highly modified TT probably way too long.
Old 11-28-2016, 04:38 AM   #24
JoeAyalaM
Account Suspended

Drives: Audi S6 V8TT, Volvos XC60 & S60R
I think that most people consider a modified car has been abused, even though that I always treat mine really good. The cost of mods to a car can not be recovered on most occasions.
JoeAyalaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 07:48 AM   #25
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandX View Post
I think you guys tried to answer my question, but I do not think I am getting a clear answer.

Will a non-intercooled kit possibly cause an overheating scenario.

Mind you my car is a weekend car.....sometimes driven in the extreme Florida heat.

I think the main attraction to an intercooler is max power at all times........

Not really sure if that is a priority for me. Just looking to make car more interesting.

This would be my first conversion to supercharging and while I consider myself fairly well versed in mechanical knowledge, supercharging would be a new venture for me.

I am not looking for a high boost application, just a little more "fun".

I would probably run a cold air intake and cooler thermostat (180) on the vehicle to try and mitigate any Heatsoak.

Educate me
The supercharger does not affect engine operating temperature, in fact the car may run cooler because the calibration is set with the fans coming on earlier.

Intercooling allows you to run more boost over 5 PSI which ofcoarse will make more power at 6.5 and above.

you can run 5 psi of boost on anything and gain 30% more power

Heatsoak only happens with the key off.

As long as the car is running all temps stabilize to normal.

I think this kit is right up your alley based on your description.

Feel free to hit me up with any questions, I hope to earn your business.

Happy Holidays.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 10:05 AM   #26
cncmotors

Drives: camaro
6.5psi is good for me!!
We just start working on it!
Cant wait to see him on dyno!
Attached Images

cncmotors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 01:52 PM   #27
GP86

Drives: 2017 2SS
I really love this. I drive my Camaro everyday (except the Winter off season) and I want a bit more power. However, something like the ZL-1 650HP is just silly. A reasonable increase in power at a reasonable price with this kit looks to be a mod I must consider for next year.
Old 11-28-2016, 03:04 PM   #28
ender2664
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 2SS
Do you sell on amazon? They will give me 0% for 72 months.
ender2664 is offline   Reply With Quote