Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Phastek Performance

Old 08-12-2020, 04:03 PM   #1
Whipplecamaro

Drives: Camaro 2ss
Whipple is very quiet/coolant

Cant find much on this but i have a 2.9L whipple with stock pulleys on it on a 2017 a8. Anyone elses really quiet? Also do you hear Cavitation lots in your pump when you turn it off? Its been doing it since day one and got it professionally installed. Looked at whipples website and they say keep filling it until it stops doing it. Did that and with in a month or so it slowly starts doing it again. Thanks!
Oh car makes 565 whp dyno on 91octane
Whipplecamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 05:30 PM   #2
Joshinator99

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
The stock pulleys do not spin the blower very hard, so tough to hear, especially without a CAI.

The cavitation will stop once you've definitely worked all the air out of the intercooler system.
Old 08-12-2020, 09:41 PM   #3
Whipplecamaro

How long for the air? Ive had blower on for two years. But i just use it in the summer. Its slowing down now for cavitation but still does it once in awhile and ill throw the tiniest bit in and goes away. Notice when they did it the car its self had next to no coolant in reservoir, caught it lucky dont think any damage came. But had one video last year of me romping in it and could see while coming out but hasnt done it since.. hopefully not burning coolant.
Old 08-12-2020, 09:48 PM   #4
Whipplecamaro

Early spring, not sure how to do video that was one small pull just a puff of white for a second then went away and was just white smoke from the tires..
Attached Images

Old 08-12-2020, 09:57 PM   #5
Joshinator99

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whipplecamaro View Post
How long for the air? Ive had blower on for two years. But i just use it in the summer. Its slowing down now for cavitation but still does it once in awhile and ill throw the tiniest bit in and goes away. Notice when they did it the car its self had next to no coolant in reservoir, caught it lucky dont think any damage came. But had one video last year of me romping in it and could see while coming out but hasnt done it since.. hopefully not burning coolant.
If you use a vacuum system to fill the intercooler system, you’ll be good to go right away. That will eliminate air right out of the box.

I didn’t do that, but I fill the system then run the pump with the car off (hold ignition button on for 10 seconds to activate test mode). This runs your intercooler pump. Keep squeezing the hoses off and on to burp out the air (with reservoir cap off) and top it off with distilled water. Take the car out for a short drive, then shut the car off and *carefully* open the reservoir. If the coolant drops right back down, then you have room to add more water or coolant. This process takes a few rides to get all the air out, but works fine.
Old 08-12-2020, 10:06 PM   #6
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
It took me several attempts to get the air out of the system on mine. I popped the cap when it was cooled down and it burped some air out each time. Vacuum system would make it easier as Josh pointed out. And I also agree with Josh that the Whipple is quiet with the factory pullies. You don't really start to hear any whine till you pulley down and/or you have a CAI.
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote