Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Member Car Journals

AWE Tuning

Old 08-10-2018, 03:47 PM   #15
Chay

Drives: Camaro
I have used manual for almost 11 years and i am never going back again to Manual. I am tired of clutch when there is huge traffic, I feel so comfortable with Auto even though i miss the punch from Manual
Chay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 04:07 PM   #16
Herewego

Drives: 2018 2SS
[QUOTE=IMadeYouReadThis;10278927]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nsxmatt View Post
What kind of question is that? There are many personal preferences on why people choose the auto. For me it's much easier to daily and its faster at the track. Kind of a win win for me.

This car has three things going for it that make it what it is in my opinion.

The best things that has is the fact that it's rear-wheel drive has a manual transmission and a V8.

Now you can damn a guy for not getting a V8. But it does cost substantially more so there's the Financial excuse.

But paying more to get an automatic transmission and then telling guys that it was a choice come on now.

It could be faster at the track all you want it to be. and it is and it's definitely more convenient .

But it'll never be as fun sound as good or be as cool as a manual transmission.

Put it this way I have a V6 it's pretty good I like it. But it's definitely no V8 it's not as fun doesn't sound as good definitely not as cool

So to me that's what an auto is but worse.

On top of that you're actually paying more to have the manual taken out of your car just ridiculous.

And I'm not attacking you it just seems every single guy who owns an auto has the excuse when you know not everyone can drive a manual. In their heads they can and on the internet they can but in real life they can't.

However you may be fantastic with manuel I don't know but we sure as hell know that everybody isn't.

I've driven just about every type of manual vehicle and learned how to drive with one, but I custom ordered my car and chose an automatic. I drove both before my decision.

80-20 rule for me:

I know that I would have preferred an auto about 80% of the time and the manual about 20% of the time. Don't care which was faster, just a personal preference. Oh, and driving a manual is not some special skill as some around here think it is. I could probably teach a monkey to do it.
Old 08-10-2018, 04:43 PM   #17
dfwcowboy

Drives: 2024 ZL1 M6, 1969 Cessna Skylane
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMadeYouReadThis View Post

Put it this way I have a V6 it's pretty good I like it. But it's definitely no V8 it's not as fun doesn't sound as good definitely not as cool

On top of that you're actually paying more to have the manual taken out of your car just ridiculous.

And I'm not attacking you it just seems every single guy who owns an auto has the excuse when you know not everyone can drive a manual. In their heads they can and on the internet they can but in real life they can't.

However you may be fantastic with manuel I don't know but we sure as hell know that everybody isn't.

As far as "cool" goes, that generally applies to the feelings attached to what other people think. At some point, most people start to care less about what other people think.

I have the M6. I love it. I learned to drive on a manual, I've owned lots of cars and trucks with manual transmissions. I can drive or fly just about anything I can get started and that list is extensive. I go back and forth between manuals and automatics. My last Camaro had an auto. After several years of pushing the clutch sometimes you want something different, so I can totally relate to that sentiment.
dfwcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 11:41 AM   #18
Nsxmatt
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro
[QUOTE=IMadeYouReadThis;10278927]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nsxmatt View Post
What kind of question is that? There are many personal preferences on why people choose the auto. For me it's much easier to daily and its faster at the track. Kind of a win win for me.

This car has three things going for it that make it what it is in my opinion.

The best things that has is the fact that it's rear-wheel drive has a manual transmission and a V8.

Now you can damn a guy for not getting a V8. But it does cost substantially more so there's the Financial excuse.

But paying more to get an automatic transmission and then telling guys that it was a choice come on now.

It could be faster at the track all you want it to be. and it is and it's definitely more convenient .

Well guess what? It's not your car, you're not paying for it. you're not driving it, and your opinion on what car any of us should drive is completely invalid and useless.

Drive your car and be happy and let others do as they please.
Nsxmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 08:44 AM   #19
Chay

Finally Got the delivery of my Car yesterday. They missed adding Fender hash marks and said they will call me once they receive them
Attached Images

Old 08-17-2018, 10:25 AM   #20
Herewego

Drives: 2018 2SS
Very Nice! Love the color but of course I’m biased.
Old 08-17-2018, 04:07 PM   #21
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Looks very good indeed

(I'd get rid of the dealer decal on the trunk lid, it's an eyesore on such a beautiful car.)

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 08:45 PM   #22
Chay

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
Looks very good indeed

(I'd get rid of the dealer decal on the trunk lid, it's an eyesore on such a beautiful car.)
Yes i am going to get rid of it when i go for Window tint.
Old 08-17-2018, 09:53 PM   #23
Chazzz

Drives: 2018 1LT RS V6 A8 Convertible
I doubt you will need rock guards on an LT. The V8 cars with the wide summer rear tires sling rocks and lots of them ! This is an issue you shouldn't have with the non staggered all season tires on the LT. If your concern is protecting your new car from paint chips, by all means concentrate your protection on the front facia and hood and do it ASAP !
Chazzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 07:19 AM   #24
mdhopt36

Drives: '17- 1ag37 V6 traded, for 1SS 2018!
Beautiful car. Assume it's a V6??? Identical to my '17
Enjoy!
mdhopt36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 08:57 AM   #25
cooper1965
Coopers Camaro

Drives: 18 Flex Fuel LTG
There was one just like yours sitting next to mine when I bought. Really loved the blue, but it was a stick. 100 miles a day for the last 10 years in a stick, the fun was gone lol. So I took the white auto. Beautiful car man!!
Attached Images

---My Build Thread---
-----My IG PAGe-----
cooper1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 12:18 PM   #26
18LTLoveIt

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue LT RS
V6 & Auto is the best. Fast enough, loud enough for non gear heads, easier to multi task, reg gas & cheaper insurance, why not?

Here's a nugget, if not for the V6 and automatics, there would be no stick/V8s. Camaro never would have been resurrected in 2009.

So let's play nice and all get along in the sandbox.
18LTLoveIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 03:01 PM   #27
Chay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazzz View Post
I doubt you will need rock guards on an LT. The V8 cars with the wide summer rear tires sling rocks and lots of them ! This is an issue you shouldn't have with the non staggered all season tires on the LT. If your concern is protecting your new car from paint chips, by all means concentrate your protection on the front facia and hood and do it ASAP !
Didn't realize that there inst problem with All season tires, Have already ordered from Zl1addons for Deluxe guards

Few people suggested me to get the 3M or Xpel clear protective film, What did you do with yours?
Old 08-18-2018, 03:11 PM   #28
Chay

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdhopt36 View Post
Beautiful car. Assume it's a V6??? Identical to my '17
Enjoy!
Yes its a V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooper1965 View Post
There was one just like yours sitting next to mine when I bought. Really loved the blue, but it was a stick. 100 miles a day for the last 10 years in a stick, the fun was gone lol. So I took the white auto. Beautiful car man!!
totally agree with that , i have decided to shift to auto after using stick for 10 years