Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 02-15-2015, 09:54 AM   #29
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
First, Fen, this isn't the "press". The press is as big as a building.

Likely looking at one half of one die in a 4 or 5 die line up to stamp the one piece body side.

We are not looking at a panel.
I didn't mention a press?
Old 02-15-2015, 09:56 AM   #30
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
I didn't mention a press?
Sorry, it was RLHMarines. Was scanning through the posts.
Old 02-15-2015, 10:13 AM   #31

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
I think it shows more changes/features than the camo'd cars in that area....Roof line and windshield for sure....Rear quarter looks more drawn in from wheel flares, suggesting smaller dimensions....

...I think Chaz's rendors need to show that roof line and overall length of the car as different....

Yeah, part of a monster progressive die for sure, only the male half of one segment,...still could get gills and much more later on...

I think it's a cool find.....hopefully the guy who got the shot won't get fired....I don't think it's that big of a secret let out...

Just sayin' the roofline in the die looks more pronounced than what we see here in the rendors....Maybe....

Last edited by 90503; 02-15-2015 at 10:26 AM.
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 10:28 AM   #32
Ant_ss

Drives: 14 1SS RS Black (rental)
Quote:
Originally Posted by H-E View Post
Am i the only one that thinks theres way to much meat under the glass of the rear glass? ..looks horrible from that angle imo.
That's one of those things most won't like at first simply because it's different from what we're used to..and grow to like as we see more of the car...looks a little off to me too, seeing how that arch really makes a carmaro. But I won't pass judgment until I see one in person!

The design of the complete car may tie that line in juuuust right. Just gotta wait and see..

I bet most who blatantly complained about it looking too much like a 5th gen begin to retract their comments!! NEVER judge a book by its COVER or a CAR by its CAMO!
Ant_ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 10:45 AM   #33
GM-ACE
Old school tech

Drives: Ruby 1LE - 2024 2SS 1LE
These styling people are killing me! The qtr window on my SS is good for style only, you can't see anything through it, this one will be even worse. I honestly don't know what their thinking is on this car.
GM-ACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 10:53 AM   #34
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
This is evolutionary.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 11:03 AM   #35
H-E
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 zr1 Camaro 2011 vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant_ss View Post
That's one of those things most won't like at first simply because it's different from what we're used to..and grow to like as we see more of the car...looks a little off to me too, seeing how that arch really makes a carmaro. But I won't pass judgment until I see one in person!

The design of the complete car may tie that line in juuuust right. Just gotta wait and see..

I bet most who blatantly complained about it looking too much like a 5th gen begin to retract their comments!! NEVER judge a book by its COVER or a CAR by its CAMO!
I agree, but damn i just cant see that looking good. I have faith in GM but everyone complained about the blind spots, cant see this being better. ..
H-E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 11:07 AM   #36
FenwickHockey65

Wait for the finished product...
Old 02-15-2015, 11:07 AM   #37
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by H-E View Post
I agree, but damn i just cant see that looking good. I have faith in GM but everyone complained about the blind spots, cant see this being better. ..
You can't tell in the image because of the angle. The rake of the back pillar and seating position will determine visibility, not the back 1/4 window. Also wasn't the size of the back window the real problem with aft visibility?

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 11:22 AM   #38
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
wow
just wow

feel bad for the guy who leaked it

This seems to be gunning for the fast back design ford put out

Im sure the finished product will look great no doubts, but the 5th gen design is Timeless
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 11:31 AM   #39
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by GM-ACE View Post
These styling people are killing me! The qtr window on my SS is good for style only, you can't see anything through it, this one will be even worse. I honestly don't know what their thinking is on this car.
There is nothing in this picture that indicates the size of the 1/4 glass opening. The a-side is probably about the same as today. We just won't know the size of it until we see a finished panel....................and that we likely won't see.

Agreed it won't be an improvement based on the a-side opening but we see nothing here that indicates it will be worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ91 View Post
wow
just wow

feel bad for the guy who leaked it

This seems to be gunning for the fast back design ford put out

Im sure the finished product will look great no doubts, but the 5th gen design is Timeless
Yeah, it will depend on who leaked it. Internal or external. GM employees used to have to have the camera covered on their cell phones. This policy may come back. Anyone that was visiting had to have the camera covered on their phone and it was always checked on departure. Covered with a film that indicates if it was peeled back or removed that is.
Old 02-15-2015, 11:31 AM   #40
MIG773
CAMAROGRAPHY

Drives: White 2SS Coupe
Have you ever sat at the barber as a kid and half way through a haircut (with just the sides mowed by the hair clippers), you'd think to yourself, "damn, if we had a fire right now and I had to run out like this, everyone would laugh at me." That's what's happening now with the people bashing the design without seeing the complete car... "The quarter window sucks," "the bumper sucks," "I don't like the headlight." I can't wait to see this thing whole both inside and out. I think everyone will shut right up and forget they said anything bad about it.

And it better come quick too because im starting to look at other new coupes out there and they look more appealing the longer I wait. I love my camaro but damn come in Chevy...
MIG773 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 11:32 AM   #41
FenwickHockey65

He knows he's not supposed to post stuff like this so...
Old 02-15-2015, 11:43 AM   #42
CFTA

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LS
check out "JD Babbitt"s comment on Facebook posts about the camaro, cadillac, and the new mustang...

caddy,
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Babbitt
I'd still gladly buy the BMW. GM builds the cheapest lowest quality cars in the world. The thing won't even be running in 10 years..Like · Reply · 12 · February 10 at 2:54pm
https://www.facebook.com/motortrendm...al_comments=83

mustang,
Quote:
Can't wait to hear the excuses from the Chevy guys when they see how much faster this is around a track then the Z/28 with a lower price tag
Like · Reply · 59 · November 17, 2014 at 10:32am
https://www.facebook.com/RoadandTrac...53277830451091

camaro,
Quote:
Hahahah hahahahaha Heres a fact. GM had to move the car to Lansing. In order to make money on it, they had to make it work on the same chassis platform as the other cars on the line, the Cadillac ATS. Therefore this is just a mod or a port over if you will, of the Camaro body on the ATS chassis. The fact GM is calling this the 6th gen is a joke. You thinking it can compete in anyway with the new Mustang is a joke. Ford redesigns cars to be better, faster, more efficient. GM redesigns cars to make them cheap and profitable. Again LMFAO.
Like · Reply · 4 · July 20, 2014 at 9:47pm · Edited
https://www.facebook.com/caranddrive...53013793397977

So if he losses his job...good.

Even has his own forum apparently...
http://www.midmichgearheads.com/

I also found that a "Jason D Babbitt" lives in Lansing Michigan, or the town over, Grand Ledge....

Last edited by CFTA; 02-15-2015 at 12:07 PM.
CFTA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2016 camaro, 2016 camaro forum, 2016 camaro forums, 2016 camaro spy, 2016 camaro spy photo, 2016 camaro spy photos, 2016 camaro spy pics, 2016 chevrolet camaro, 2016 chevy camaro, 2017 camaro, 2017 chevy camaro, 6 gen camaro, 6th gen camaro, 6th gen camaro forum, 6th gen camaro forums, 6th gen camaro info, 6th gen camaro news, 6th gen camaro rumors, 6th gen chevrolet camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro forum, 6th generation camaro, 6th generation camaro info, 6th generation camaro news, 6th generation camaro rumors, 6th generation chevy camaro, camaro 6th gen, camaro 6th generation