Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 08-13-2018, 12:22 PM   #29
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Pretty obvious at this point that if the poll hadn't been messed up from the start, the 2018 would have a definitive lead at this point. The 2018 was behind the 2019 once they fixed it, and now the 2018 has actually slightly passed the 2019.

I will say though, the 2019 hood is nice....the lines I like, not so much that big center vent.

The rest, I'll keep my pre-refresh.
Old 08-13-2018, 01:18 PM   #30
RenegadeXR

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
I've never seen these cars side by side so similarly optioned, so this is perhaps the best direct comparison.

From the rear, the 2019 looks a lot better to me. I really appreciate all the subtle differences they made which put more of a horizontal emphasis on the car and make it look more planted. The new bottom crease mirrors the blade spoiler pretty nicely. They say that beauty lies in subtle symmetries like that, so kudos to whoever thought of that.

From the front, to repeat what's been said and infinite amount of times already, the bowtie still looks out of place. I'm not sure I'll ever get used to that but remain hopeful they'll relocate it eventually if it has negligible performance impact. Even beyond the bowtie, though, there are no nice symmetries in any design elements -- it's all random curves which don't flow well and are over designed. The RS bumper is vastly better but still not perfect.

On a side note: GM is starting to take a lot of sh*t for the Silverado regarding the head-spinning amount of over-designed faces they offer for different trims. This is the vehicle that started this monstrosity of design where the front is primarily blacked out and the bowtie is placed dead center. I hope this backfires so they ditch any plans to use this corporate face on more cars.