Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 08-09-2018, 03:54 PM   #15
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Drives: 6 on the Flo' Super Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSS50 View Post
As you might know I am relatively new to the boards here as of June, thanks in part to picking up a Camaro SS 50.

Brand new, but it was sitting on the lot from June 2017 through end of May 2018.

Really starting to believe I might have made a huge error.

Looks like it sat outside for a year and there are water spots that can't come off, pretty much all the issues found in the warranty area, but today I dropped it off for them to handle some of these issues including replacing the convertible top.

I get an email from the service dept that there is a dent on the passenger side door. This is after they logged it in. I never saw a dent nor while I have owned this vehicle has it EVER been near another car for a dent to happen.

The car has all of 800 miles on it, 1/3 driving back and forth from LA to OC. It is garaged alone.

So the rep tells me there is a dent I never saw, no possible way it could have happened while I have owned it (it has never been parked where this could happen) and wants to get me an estimate to fix it.

And parts that were to be ordered under warranty for the car, back in early June, were not ordered (chipped 50 logo on steering wheel, etc.).

I am ready to throw my arms up in the air and simply sell this car. I am that disgusted at this point.

I have made it clear this could not have happened under my ownership, for all I know someone pulled up, hit it and now they want to shuffle this off on me.

ARGH!

They are supposed to do a walk around check when they sign your car in. At least the did that for my old camaro and new camaro, 2 different dealerships.
MackSteelPrivateEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 04:13 PM   #16
70chevelleSS

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1970 chevelle SS
Well for one thing, the waterspots will come off with a good polish. they have etched the paint, that is the only way you can remove them. if they are really bad, they may require a compounding. Not really very hard to remove, but simply washing/waxing isnt going to do the job.
70chevelleSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 04:32 PM   #17
Lerch98

Drives: 2017 2SS black on black on black.
Did you try a clay bar on the water spots?

I have removed water spots (black car) with Mequires non abrasive paint cleaner and non abrasive polish. Worked well, but not perfect. Took a couple of times. Some guys have used (and sear by) the clay bar, but I have not tried it yet.

Acid wash is pretty serious, and I don't know if the acid will stain the paint.
I have used Hydrochloric acid, industrial grade to clean water spots off of windshields. Works great. But you want to neutralize and rise well. Beware of these strong acids. they like to etch metal.
Lerch98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 07:45 PM   #18
18LTLoveIt

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue LT RS
Chevy chipped the hell out of my 2013 silver wheels while checking brakes on a 21,000 mile car. I didn't make a federal case about them like I did when they scuffed the leather wheel, replacing the header panel. Service Mgr tried pinning it on me. I hung up on him and went to dealership Corp & Chevy Corp threatening fury to damage dealer reputation. They ended up replacing the wheel but the damage was done with our relationship. It astounds me how they want to shirk a 100 to 200 repair.

Anyhoo, when I take the 2018 in to Chevy I will make sure they take a good look at each black wheel & note on service order, chip free. Then I will look over them before pulling out of service bay. Hell hath no fury like a scorned customer!
18LTLoveIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 12:36 AM   #19
CamaroSS50

Drives: 2017 Camaro Convertible SS Fifty
White vinegar.

Works like a charm to remove hard water spots.

I've personally done it on one of my other cars that was parked by a sprinkler for a few weeks. What pain to get the spots out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zr1chris View Post
I've never heard of anyone giving a car an acid bath. If polish don't work I GUARANTEE McGiuars ultimate compound and a microfiber WILL get them out.

My previous 5th gen which I bought used was covered in hard water spots. I bought the McGiuars Ultimate 3 step process which starts with the compound and they were all completely gone just after that first step.

CamaroSS50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 12:48 AM   #20
CamaroSS50

Drives: 2017 Camaro Convertible SS Fifty
In one of my later posts, I did note they did the walk around.

They still have my car, I am to pick it up tomorrow.

UPdate: I contacted the owner of the dealership, after a few exchanges he agreed that this should have been noted upon drop off, not hours later. And they are handling it.

On the one hand it was made to make me feel like I was trying to pass something I did on them.

On the other, amazed that these service guys would go this far to cover their butts.

I have a hard enough time in this area to get service on my other cars, jeez, one blew up the transmission on my Hummer and they had to pull out the engine, put in a new Transmission, etc. Just terrible GM service in the LA area.

Funnily enough, the dealership had to send the car out to have the convertible installed. Thanks to the Chevy app (which I am still on a free trial) I know exactly what shops it has been to, but I find this strange they can't install it.

Anyway, it was extremely frustrating and hope this frustration ends tomorrow, but I doubt it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MackSteelPrivateEye View Post
They are supposed to do a walk around check when they sign your car in. At least the did that for my old camaro and new camaro, 2 different dealerships.

CamaroSS50 is offline   Reply With Quote