Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

AWE Tuning

Old 08-23-2018, 02:42 PM   #57
brlcla

Drives: 1.4T Airboat, 2.0T Airboat (soon)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeoneWhoIsntMe View Post
Not sure if this is further derailing this thread or not but while we're on the subject of the forthcoming ZFR 7163...

Steve, the current ZFR appears to be an open scroll design (i.e. does not make use of the divorced manifold). Will the 7163 be configured similarly? I'm sure the gains from fully divorcing the exhaust flow until it hits the turbine are marginal, but I'm curious if it might help a 2 liter spool the larger turbo.

Also, will the ZFR 7163 share the EFR7163's aluminum bearing housing?
Not derailing at all!!! If ZZP can get their 7163 on the market before Im ready it saves me some headache and cost of custom manifolds and intakes. Then its off the shelf items to buy and makes the build much easier...
brlcla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 10:19 PM   #58
2.0t_godfather

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2.0t
Run the cams to solve your fueling issues. The springs tend to float without a ton of power, so you will be replacing them anyways, plus the motor will be apart for the internals. The engine setup that went to CF8 is probably the most effective combo. The power difference to the 7163 isnt going to be huge.
2.0t_godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 09:45 AM   #59
brlcla

I do not need the cams to solve fueling issues... There is an aftermarket pump available. Also thinking about going LHU now over LTG... decisions, decisions. LOL
Old 09-20-2018, 08:25 PM   #60
2.0t_godfather

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2.0t
Quote:
Originally Posted by brlcla View Post
I do not need the cams to solve fueling issues... There is an aftermarket pump available. Also thinking about going LHU now over LTG... decisions, decisions. LOL

Last pump I saw was stupid money. If I remember right like 3k. The cams are half that. Also if you can run the LHU, do that. The LNF family seems to be much easier to get power from and tune.
2.0t_godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 11:33 AM   #61
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
Quote:
Funny, I have a good friend of mine in alaska that text me this morning asking which engine he should put in an airboat, wants 500hp and light as possible. I was thinking I would rather suggest an LDK to him over an LTG.
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 01:50 PM   #62
brlcla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason@JacFab View Post
Funny, I have a good friend of mine in alaska that text me this morning asking which engine he should put in an airboat, wants 500hp and light as possible. I was thinking I would rather suggest an LDK to him over an LTG.
LDK and LHU are the same block essentially. LHU engine code is for the flex fuel version that came with the Opel injectors and flex fuel activated in the ECU.

If he wants 500HP I would get him in touch with Performance Autowerks in Oswego, IL. That is who I am looking at to build my motor. Tuning will be handled by Bad News Racing in Florida

There are a couple of LHU/LNF boats running already and one LTG boat that I know of as of today.
Old 09-21-2018, 01:51 PM   #63
brlcla

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2.0t_godfather View Post
Last pump I saw was stupid money. If I remember right like 3k. The cams are half that. Also if you can run the LHU, do that. The LNF family seems to be much easier to get power from and tune.
Half that cost! But likely going stage 2 cams anyway if I go LHU.
Old 09-21-2018, 02:53 PM   #64
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
Quote:
LDK and LHU are the same block essentially. LHU engine code is for the flex fuel version that came with the Opel injectors and flex fuel activated in the ECU.

If he wants 500HP I would get him in touch with Performance Autowerks in Oswego, IL. That is who I am looking at to build my motor. Tuning will be handled by Bad News Racing in Florida

There are a couple of LHU/LNF boats running already and one LTG boat that I know of as of today.
I was thinking I'd try to talk him into settling for just south of 400, and just buy that LDK long block from ZZP w/ the 6758
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 03:10 PM   #65
brlcla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason@JacFab View Post
I was thinking I'd try to talk him into settling for just south of 400, and just buy that LDK long block from ZZP w/ the 6758
Why settle for less? At least get him to go all forged not stock internal. Cams and fueling can be done later with ease while its on the the boat sitting on the shop floor.

Last edited by brlcla; 09-21-2018 at 05:06 PM.