Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 03-23-2022, 05:42 AM   #57
SteveV

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Camaro 6M Red Hot
So.... Last update from OP was a week ago. I would like to assume the car is done... Is it? You back on the road? I have driven the ZL1 to work the past 2 days and have not seen another red 6th Gen on the road. So, kind of curious...
Old 03-23-2022, 07:14 PM   #58
N Camarolina

Drives: 2021 2SS 1LE
By popular request, here's the update:

Do not have the car back yet from the dealer. The new engine has been installed, and they have the trans back in as of this afternoon. But still need to bleed the clutch (can't remember if I mentioned it but they agreed to install remote bleeder line), reinstall part of front suspension, reconnect/install exhaust, prime and start the engine, test drive car, check for leaks. Hope to have it by end of Thurs.

Taking longer than they expected (or they haven't been giving it as much attention, not sure), but I told them I'd rather have them do a careful job of the reassembly (no missing parts, all bolts/nuts torqued to spec, no fluid leaks) than rush and make a mistake. That said, I want to get it back for this weekend as I have to do the engine break in and put 500 miles on it before I can get back to the track.
N Camarolina is offline   Reply With Quote