Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-04-2015, 06:58 PM   #71
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToolFan66 View Post
That dude was in the right to be pissed as much as he wanted to IMO..

Glad everyone is ok..
+1
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 07:55 PM   #72
MjM804

Drives: 2012 Black 2SS/RS
Being pissed I understand, but completely ignoring the safety or concern for another person, sorry I was raised completely different than that. Let's remember, in most cases, you can replace or fix material things. Another persons life or well being is alittle harder to put back together.
MjM804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 04:50 AM   #73
Red2014SS

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Camaro
The guy in the truck def did not try to brake at all. It looked like he was hard on the gas, probably trying to beat the light. He was a total jerk after the accident.
Old 01-05-2015, 11:11 AM   #74
PalmerGA

Quote:
Originally Posted by MjM804 View Post
Being pissed I understand, but completely ignoring the safety or concern for another person, sorry I was raised completely different than that. Let's remember, in most cases, you can replace or fix material things. Another persons life or well being is alittle harder to put back together.
I totally agree, but imagine yourself as the driver of the truck at the moment you see OP pull out in front of you, then nail him broadside. This is a classic case of adrenalin-induced shock. It's instantaneous, of brief duration, but very real and impossible to elude for a normally functioning human.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
Old 01-05-2015, 11:29 AM   #75
PalmerGA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red2014SS View Post
The guy in the truck def did not try to brake at all. It looked like he was hard on the gas, probably trying to beat the light. He was a total jerk after the accident.
How do you know that? And OP says "the truck that hit me was probably going about 35 to 40 mph" (which is likely within the speed limit, but we don't know).

Watch the video and the time at the bottom. From the moment the video shows the headlights of the truck (0:05) to the time of impact (0:06-0:07) is less than 2 seconds. There is also no way of telling if the truck driver got his foot to the brake pedal or not before impact - I don't think any of us would have reacted enough in less than 2 seconds to avoid impact. OP had his foot on the gas and didn't have time to press it down in hopes of avoiding the accident. He had time to say "Oh!" and turn the wheel a tiny bit to the left... that was it.
Old 01-05-2015, 11:49 AM   #76
USCAMARO14

Drives: 2LS 2014
That really sucks!! At least your ok! That guy was dick about it.
Old 01-05-2015, 02:20 PM   #77
Iron Lung Jimmy

Drives: Iron Lung, Jimmy
LOL at all the hate towards the truck driver guy.

If this had been a video of a Prius not paying attention and pulling out in front of a Camaro, this thread would probably be full of people proclaiming what choice words they would have for the Prius driver.
Iron Lung Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 02:25 PM   #78
PalmerGA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Lung Jimmy View Post
LOL at all the hate towards the truck driver guy.

If this had been a video of a Prius not paying attention and pulling out in front of a Camaro, this thread would probably be full of people proclaiming what choice words they would have for the Prius driver.
Yup!
Old 01-05-2015, 03:07 PM   #79
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerGA View Post
I totally agree, but imagine yourself as the driver of the truck at the moment you see OP pull out in front of you, then nail him broadside. This is a classic case of adrenalin-induced shock. It's instantaneous, of brief duration, but very real and impossible to elude for a normally functioning human.
I agree, and will not judge the guy until knowing how he acted a few minutes after the event. That truck may have been his pride and joy. Could he have handled it better, yep......should we condemn him without knowing more, no.
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 03:39 PM   #80
IBM

Drives: '11 2LT/RS IBM
I'm just saying, the guy in the truck was an ass. You could have been seriously injured in an accident like that and his main concern was to cuss you out? Grade A douche.
Old 01-05-2015, 03:58 PM   #81
turboguy327
Banned

Drives: 2011 Chevy Camaro
I don't blame the guy in the truck at all. It that was my nice car I wouldn't have stopped at just words. No reason for that wreck. The OP shouldn't have gone, he couldn't see far enough down the road to safely make the turn but went anyway. Typical jerk thinking he has the right of way, thinking he is more important than the other people on the road. Great driving OP. Please don't make lefts in your new car if you can't see the traffic.
turboguy327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 04:01 PM   #82
turboguy327
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBM View Post
I'm just saying, the guy in the truck was an ass. You could have been seriously injured in an accident like that and his main concern was to cuss you out? Grade A douche.

Not really. He did nothing wrong. The OP destroyed his truck because he didn't feel like waiting at the light. And the OP could have killed somebody driving that truck if the guy had a wife, son, or daughter in the car. Like I already said, if I was driving my nice car and this happened I wouldn't have stopped at words. The OP deserves some pain after causing this potentially fatal wreck.
Old 01-05-2015, 04:12 PM   #83
two_wheel_mayhem
Would rather be riding

Drives: No car no more
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboguy327 View Post
I don't blame the guy in the truck at all. It that was my nice car I wouldn't have stopped at just words. No reason for that wreck. The OP shouldn't have gone, he couldn't see far enough down the road to safely make the turn but went anyway. Typical jerk thinking he has the right of way, thinking he is more important than the other people on the road. Great driving OP. Please don't make lefts in your new car if you can't see the traffic.

It could end up a shooting match, because you probably carry. You could go to jail for a night and face assault and battery charges, you could be sued, or the guy could just be tougher than you and lawfully beat you to a pulp.

Seems likely anyway you shake a stick at it, getting physical over the whole thing just gives ya more problems than a damaged vehicle.
Old 01-05-2015, 04:14 PM   #84
turboguy327
Banned

I do carry. It would have stayed in my car though. I said I wouldn't stop at words but I wouldn't shoot the guy. I can take care of myself. I think the OP should have his driving privileges suspended for 6 months or so too. He deserves punishment besides going out and buying another brand new car to try and kill somebody with.

Tags
accident