Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 12-18-2014, 05:36 AM   #15
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctbassman View Post
Sounds good, thank you so much for your breadth of knowledge of what kind of question to post and not post, I was completely unaware that there was protocol that I was to adhere to when asking a question, or that there was a mandatory search function that was to be utilized prior to asking a question. In the future I will be sure and heed your advice and always use the search function first as I really do not want to take up the valuable time of anyone who may click a link in the "new posts" section. Forgive me for being such a burden on this forum....
There is no such protocal here and your question is a good one.

As for searching it appears some folks need to "search" the Forum rules as they are breaking the very 1st one.

***** RULES AND TERMS OF SERVICE. Please Read Before Posting. *****
Welcome to our family-friendly corner of the internet! Below are some basic “house rules” we live by so you, our valued members, may continue to enjoy the website!

1) Respect & Be Helpful — By far, the most important rule here. Generations of GM enthusiasts have come together through a shared passion for the car and the community, so the golden rule applies: Treat others as you wish to be treated. This means no foul language, insults, or rude remarks towards other members.

We’re here as a family of enthusiasts, and we should act accordingly. And since the site is constantly gaining new members, please go out of your way to help answer others’ questions in an effort to make this an even better community. Shunning new members’ questions or rudely telling others to “search for it” is extremely discouraged.
Old 12-18-2014, 08:36 AM   #16
bptman

Drives: 2014 white Z/28
Hi ctbassman, bptman from Lancaster Pa #143 2014 White wa/c. Can,t go wrong following the break in guide lines. I did for the most part. Just some food for thought I would take along with you some sort of tire /repair inflation kit for the 500 mile drive. Because you have no spare. I had 2 punctures with the car the first 500 miles. However I drive a lot of back country roads maybe you will be mostly freeway? Anyway These cars are a real hoot to drive. Tires are sticky and like to throw small cinders try to avoid them as they will chip the rear fender flares and really piss of the people following you. Hope you decide to get the car. All the Best.
bptman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 09:20 PM   #17
andig

Drives: 2015 Z28
ctbassman,
Other than varying your engine speeds a bit on the highway as bptman suggests, the only other word of caution I would throw in is to be careful if the roads are wet. I am guessing your Z will be shod with the standard Trofeo R's. If the tires have some heat in them and the roads are merely damp you will be fine but please be careful if the roads are wet as you do have to be very careful with such aggressive tires.

Andy
andig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 08:04 AM   #18
garyw

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS RS
You should drive it like......wait i dont own one either....
garyw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 08:12 AM   #19
Russell James

Drives: '15 SS 1LE, '69 Z28 drag car
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmcgrew79 View Post
Factory was pretty specific, per my post i tryed to follow it.

That's pretty much the exact same as every other GM car.

The differences for the Z28 come in the track prep...

bedding in the brakes
changing to racing oil
changing to racing brake fluid...
Russell James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 12:27 PM   #20
White_SS/RS

Drives: 14 1LE
Don't lug it. Don't over rev it. Don't keep it at steady RPM's, but still flog the sh!t out of it!!
Old 12-19-2014, 01:35 PM   #21
turboguy327
Banned

Drives: 2011 Chevy Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctbassman View Post
For everyone who offered up the search function, I am so gratefully thankful, even more so for 1KillerSS who according to his signature does not own a Z/28 and therefore should not be commenting on Z/28 issues, no matter how many mods he has. I asked a Z/28 specific question as I may be picking one up in the next few days and wanted true input from real owners. Let me clarify my situation, I am probably getting a 14 Z/28 0n 12/18 and I have to drive up to San Francisco from San Diego, and I am asking about break in on the engine as that is some pretty steady driving at the same RPM if I just cruise up. Again thanks to anyone who wants to offer constructive advice on my situation, Thanks.

An engine is a engine. A Z28 doesn't have some crazy engine. It's not Z28 specific. Calm down. Get off your high horse. Your not buying some million dollar car. Your buying a Chevy that was built on a assembly line. You act like your buying a mclaren. Nobody needs to own a z28 to comment. Somebody in a vette can comment. Just because you have more money or less brains doesn't make you special. It's a Chevy you can walk into a dealership and buy.
turboguy327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 06:46 PM   #22
ObiWan

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS
Here's my input!!

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1...delivery-video
ObiWan is offline   Reply With Quote