Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 07-26-2020, 06:38 AM   #43
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by JB_Maro_2ss View Post
I meant competition in the sense that consumers may consider the 370 when looking at the Camaro. It is not competition for the performance of the SS, but not all Camaros have V8s. Despite the 370 being dated, it has been compared against the V6 Camaro and Mustang over and over again. It is Nissan's decade old offering to the affordable RWD sports car segment. Competition or not, the old 370 has been offering auto rev match since 2009.
You’re right! I responded from the perspective of an SS 1LE owner. From that perspective the Z isn’t competitive, at all. But then not much is. One of my neighbors wants to race me with his Volkswagen GLI. I thought he was kidding, but he really thought he could beat me through the 1/4 mile.

I told him no offense, but no thanks.
Wyzz Kydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 01:18 AM   #44
UnknownJinX

Drives: 19 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE Shock
Quote:
Originally Posted by FNxR3DNECK View Post
I taught myself how to drive manual in my 1LE when I bought it back in late 2016 lol it was very easy to get the hang of it quickly thanks to loads of torque and the assists like rev match and hill start. Sure most people think it's crazy to learn on a car like this but I think it's the PERFECT car to learn on!!! haha but I am spoiled because of rev-match, I have to work on my heel-toe technique for driving my "new" Evo soon haha
Personally I think the perfect car to learn on is an old Corolla/Civic you can buy for a grand or so, then proceed to sell it for the same price when you are done. That's literally what I did.

Those are pretty easy to learn with a lighter clutch, but you don't get the nannies, which means once you know how to work one, you can drive any reasonably modern manual car. If you screw up and destroy the car somehow, oh well, you don't lose much money as the car is probably worth half the purchasing price in scrap.

I had to drive a Suzuki Jimny with a whopping 80 BHP and a 5-speed in Costa Rica once, and knowing how to do the handbrake starts help out on those very steep hills.

Sent from toaster or something

GM Performance Intake and that's it, because driver mods before car mods

Past:
2009 Mazda RX-8 GT M6 Velocity Red Mica (Sold)
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z51 2LT M7 Velocity Yellow Tintcoat (Flood totaled)
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 01:47 AM   #45
AlphaDream
Piston Slapper

Drives: Volt gen2, Colorado V6, soonCamaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattRG View Post
Investigating my next sports car and I am looking into the V6 1LE right now. From a packaging, price and performance standpoint it looks appealing except for the lack of auto rev match like the SS and up trims get.

Is there an aftermarket solution to add auto rev match to these V6 manual transmission cars?
You don’t need it. It’s like training wheels for a manual transmission, nothing more. You can learn to rev match without it and the worst that will happen is jerky shifts.

What you do need is the short throw shifter included in the 1LE package. Get it!
AlphaDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 05:24 PM   #46
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
So far as I know you can’t add rev match to a Camaro that doesn’t have it and you really don’t need it anyway!