Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 12-06-2019, 12:04 PM   #1
Coded4SS

Drives: 2020 1SS 1le
Ownership experience of SS?

Hey guys
I just got my 15 mustang GT back to stock and am ready to let her go and my number one car currently is a 1ss 1le OR a 2ss. (Manual).

My question here is how is the ownership experience? How do you like the car by the price you paid? Daily drive loveable? Problems?

I ask because while I love my Stang it's a utter POS. I've had so many problems with it in two years I (mustang owner of 4 or so) cringe when I walk by a Ford dealership. I did this to Chevy as well for years (my Cobalt SS was a pos lol). But thought I ask around see how your all feeling about owning a SS

Graci
Coded4SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 12:30 PM   #2
Z28GTOSSMike

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1SS
Loving it so far. Have had my 19SS for 9 months and 8,000 miles and no problems so far. Came from a 05 GTO and this car is on a whole new level. The GTO was pretty quick in a straight line but this car will go around corners like no tomorrow. It's my daily driver and I drive 40 miles round trip to and from work every day. So far so good.
Z28GTOSSMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 12:46 PM   #3
Mov Ov3r
What speed limit?

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
I daily my 1LE, you will get a lot of varying opinions because people think it's too hard to get in and out of or that it doesn't make a good daily for gas or comfort reasons. I have no problem with any of those things. I don't worry about things like that.

This is the best car I've driven daily, which isn't saying much because I came from a 97 Jeep Grand Cherokee traded for a 2009 HHR SS (totaled), 07 Acura TL (totaled), and now I have an 07 Maxima and the Camaro. I haven't driven the maxima except for twice in the last 5 months, and that was purely to move the wheels get the oil and lubes circulating. I've had no problems with mine and bought it used with 5,000 miles on it. and have put 7000 on it.
Mov Ov3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 12:47 PM   #4
enzia35

Drives: '16 Garnet Red 1SS
Only regret is not getting either a 2SS or the 1LE package.
enzia35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 12:47 PM   #5
SirJangle

Drives: 2021 Acura RDX SH-AWD Advance
LOVE mine! No issues so far. Chose it over the Mustang because I didn't care for the Mustang interior and the looks of the Camaro are more unique to me. To each their own. Go drive one... that's what sold it for me.
SirJangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 12:50 PM   #6
Mov Ov3r
What speed limit?

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirJangle View Post
Go drive one... that's what sold it for me.
this ^
Mov Ov3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 12:55 PM   #7
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Drives: 6 on the Flo' Super Sport
17 SS 6 speed. My DD for almost 2.5 years now. Love this car.
MackSteelPrivateEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 01:08 PM   #8
Z28GTOSSMike

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by enzia35 View Post
Only regret is not getting either a 2SS or the 1LE package.
Well now I know I'm not the only one. My options were new 1SS or used 1LE and now I kind of wish I would have looked harder for a low mileage used 1LE.
Z28GTOSSMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 01:24 PM   #9
Ron2ss

Drives: 2020 2ss vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirJangle View Post
Go drive one... that's what sold it for me.
Ditto
Ron2ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 01:24 PM   #10
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
Really liked my 2016 2SS with 6 speed but when I had a head on accident(6 months old) it was not as good to me anymore even after the repairs were done! This past March found a used 2017 ZL1 on Cars.com that I just had to buy for a good deal so I bought and enjoy every mile I drive it! Driving the ZL1 is a different experience than driving the 2016 SS!
Old 12-06-2019, 01:27 PM   #11
metalhead79
Yep...

Drives: 2019 1SS - sold
I've had my 1SS for a month now and am just about to crack 1000 miles. It's my daily driver. It's perfect for me. I'm not into fancy tech stuff and the 1SS comes with my must haves (large infotainment screen, Android Auto and backup camera). The stereo is adequate (for now). The cloth seats are stupidly comfortable. The single zone climate control is a bit wonky. I leave it at 70 because if I set it to 68 it just blows cold air at me the entire time I drive. The small and large cupholder thing is kind of odd. There is a LOT of hard plastic. Even my friends 2SS has a surprising amount of hard plastic.

I commute 50 miles round trip in light to moderate traffic. The car is pretty comfortable to drive, maybe a bit stiff but it IS a sports/pony/muscle car. There is a fair amount of road noise, but I don't consider it excessive. You can easily hold a conversation at 75mph without having to raise your voice.

Visibility is not an issue once you adjust your mirrors and accept the fact that you will need to actually look before changing lanes.

There's power everywhere, at any RPM. It's always more than willing to just GO when you press the gas pedal. NPP is a godsend. I leave for work early in the AM and it's nice to not wake my wife and the neighbors up when I start the car. I'm lazy so the automatic rev matching is just awesome. The pops and burbles when decelerating are addictive as all get out, too.

For a 376ci 455hp V8 with no cylinder deactivation, fuel efficiency hasn't been bad at all, I'm averaging 21mpg - I spend a fair amount of time cruising at 50-60mph in 6th gear.

The Tremec manual transmission and shifter are just next level stuff compared to the Getrag MT-82 in the Mustangs.

So yeah, the car is amazing and I can't get enough of it. I'm kicking myself for not looking at a 6th gen Camaro back in 2016 when I bought my S550 Mustang.
metalhead79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 02:28 PM   #12
Walt88

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS M6
I have a 2017 1SS 6M That's been my daily since July 2017, and I'm now at 25k miles. Aside from black bowties and black rims it's pretty basic and I have to agree with metalhead, it's a superb vehicle. The base level brakes are amazing, the cloth seats are comfy, the tremic trans is the best manual I've ever used, and if you can stay out of the throttle it actually gets good gas mileage. Oh, and when you want it to get with the program it certainly will put a smile on your face. The only issue I've had to date is a sagging headliner, which is a bummer, but everything else has been bullet proof. I wish I had the money to buy a second one to put in storage so when my current '17 SS has 400k miles and is falling apart at the seams I can get back into one lol
Walt88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 02:37 PM   #13
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Drives: 6 on the Flo' Super Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt88 View Post
I have a 2017 1SS 6M That's been my daily since July 2017, and I'm now at 25k miles. Aside from black bowties and black rims it's pretty basic and I have to agree with metalhead, it's a superb vehicle. The base level brakes are amazing, the cloth seats are comfy, the tremic trans is the best manual I've ever used, and if you can stay out of the throttle it actually gets good gas mileage. Oh, and when you want it to get with the program it certainly will put a smile on your face. The only issue I've had to date is a sagging headliner, which is a bummer, but everything else has been bullet proof. I wish I had the money to buy a second one to put in storage so when my current '17 SS has 400k miles and is falling apart at the seams I can get back into one lol

I have an 17' SS 6spd. 30k miles with no headliner issues.
MackSteelPrivateEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 02:51 PM   #14
z28pat

Drives: 2002 z28, 2018 2ss 1LE
I held off until I found a 2ss 1le and the car is awesome ! Took me some time to get used to the throttle by wire coming from a cammed 4th gen but the car ride , handling, brakes are superb and it is my daily driver.
z28pat is offline   Reply With Quote