Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

AWE Tuning

Old 05-06-2020, 10:34 AM   #7281
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
My problem with Hennessy is their STD dyno runs on new cars especially FI cars. It causes a lot of misinformation about cars being underrated. Look it you have a SAE certified rating you can bet your bottom dollar that is exactly (within a very small margin of error) what the car actually puts out PERIOD. Now granted I don't know if the new Supra was actually certified. It does perform pretty well, that said, HP calculators were all developed for NA engines and car weights a turbo engine can put out a near flat torque curve and thus HP under the curve (since the curve is flatter) is greater. The opposite is true of really high winding 4 valve engines, the curve is peaky and they tend to perform slightly worst than the calculator would say. Now and hence forth we will have the Mustang, ZL1, etc etc dynoed at Hennessy are "under rated". Which most of these cars are actually certified and if they stop putting NA correction factors and just reported HP as measure you know the actual HP put to the roller, sanity would resume. But nope, I'm sure to my last days on the plant the same yarn spread by magazine writers will talk about these underrated FI cars were...
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 11:37 AM   #7282
ZRacerLE

Drives: The DSSV Twins: ZR2 and ZLE A10
I wonder if Hennessy is still that bad of a business or if they've turned things around?
ZRacerLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 11:41 AM   #7283
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJA105 View Post
I love when i get that answer. You people just can't say no when you get called out can you?
I don't want to get into it with you too, but you really can't be as incompetent as he is can you?
All you've done is demonstrate how little you pay attention to what you quote with your disconnected replies.

I don't "offer content about tracking" ...ever. I also don't give advice on drag racing. Check my post history.

I do use data -from professionals- to call out troll posts. For instance the claiming that I responded to regarding the base GT500 being on par with Porsche. Its not.

I also used data in response to your half-troll accretion that the tires fade on all cars by the second or third lap. The professionals that I refereed you to in the example I was discussing specifically said that the Porsche didn't deviate at all. They literally drove it with foot on floor for three laps without any fade.

More than once, you've miss quoted me to argue someone, or something else. When I point it out to you this time, you comeback with the typical M6G response. "What have you run in your car?"

I have driven my Camaro at Road America ...but I'm not a track guy.
I have drag raced my stock Camaro and beat every published magazine time ...but I'm not a drag racer.
I'm a novice car enthusiast that uses data to join the discussion.

How about you? Internet policeman?

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 12:43 PM   #7284
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
All you've done is demonstrate how little you pay attention to what you quote with your disconnected replies.

I don't "offer content about tracking" ...ever. I also don't give advice on drag racing. Check my post history.

I do use data -from professionals- to call out troll posts. For instance the claiming that I responded to regarding the base GT500 being on par with Porsche. Its not.

I also used data in response to your half-troll accretion that the tires fade on all cars by the second or third lap. The professionals that I refereed you to in the example I was discussing specifically said that the Porsche didn't deviate at all. They literally drove it with foot on floor for three laps without any fade.

More than once, you've miss quoted me to argue someone, or something else. When I point it out to you this time, you comeback with the typical M6G response. "What have you run in your car?"

I have driven my Camaro at Road America ...but I'm not a track guy.
I have drag raced my stock Camaro and beat every published magazine time ...but I'm not a drag racer.
I'm a novice car enthusiast that uses data to join the discussion.

How about you? Internet policeman?
If anything your posts are always full of either information that you've backed up before or data. And you post that data including going back to find it and repost it. And that is exactly what you did. You re-posted information to prove your point (comment #7262). And this is the exact debate I got into with him before I finally got fed up with him. The GT500 lost a LOT of time. The Porsche lost nothing in that comparison. If anything, maybe a tenth. Camaros likewise have been very consistent. As well as most other vehicles. Mustangs have shown multiple times that they lose a significant amount of time after the first lap. Whether it is because they overheat, their soo unbalanced that the tires get cooked faster than literally any other car's tires on the planet, they go into limp mode, whatever the case is. The lose a significant amount of time while other cars stay consistent. But you present this info and off he goes running his mouth and declaring himself the winner of an argument like a 7 year old and then concludes that he proved someone wrong. He has gone from simply debating people to harassing people. It is stalky and creepy and disruptive. We all have seen this behavior many times before a member has been booted. And my warning to him, just like we've warned others, is that if he keeps it up, the trolling, nagging, harassing, etc, then he might be the next one to get axed.

Mustangs in general are very inconsistent cars. They are poorly designed and typically fall off in performance very quickly. They're always the ones at the track with bags of ice on their intakes. Or somehow someway they can't make consistent runs. And it isn't due to tires. It is due to how the car is built. Which further proves how well engineered the Camaro is. All of them come from the factory ready to race. And GM has encouraged it in the past whereas Ford has tried to keep people from racing their cars. This is not anything new. This is well known. And as of late we've had members who are knowledgeable and discussed the trans in the GT500 and other components as compared to the ZL1 and other Camaro trim levels. GM has simply built a better car. The fact that the C8 will destroy a GT350R and costs much less is
evidence of that.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 12:56 PM   #7285
TheRealJA105

Drives: 2013 C6Z06
Since you two forget how to read or how to read it AGAIN when you even link the post i'll spell it out AGAIN.

THE PORSCHE IS 1000LBS LIGHTER!!! AS ALSO DISCUSSED BY THE PROS IN THAT VIDEO.

Next I'll have to give another lesson in physics and thermodynamics AGAIN i guess.
TheRealJA105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 01:10 PM   #7286
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
We got trolled again. One is a continuous troll and the other was new. Well he was here before and got kicked out.

Thanks man. Been my dream bike since 2001. I never thought I would actually get one!! Going out for another ride in a few!!

He had no intentions of racing anyone. It was all for show. He is trying to make a name for himself like SM and SP. I guess that's the popular thing to do now. And he wanted to brag about his father's highly modded 900+ RWHP GT500 that can beat stock Corvettes.
Just be careful on that bike!
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 01:13 PM   #7287
hotlap

Quote:
Since you two forget how to read or how to read it AGAIN when you even link the post i'll spell it out AGAIN.

Next I'll have to give another lesson in physics and thermodynamics AGAIN i guess.
I graduated top of my graduating class from a private engineering school. I get physics and thermodynamics.

Another disconnected post. Now you're pointing to why the GT500 CFTP is good for one lap. duh. Its a porker.

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
Old 05-06-2020, 01:29 PM   #7288
hotlap

Yeah ...here you are...

Quote:
Oh yeah @Blaq. ....

Edit: someone please please quote me so he can see this!
Quote:
Really, no one quoted me for Mr. Whole to see all weekend. I'm disappointed

Ronald Reagan -
Old 05-06-2020, 01:39 PM   #7289
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
Just be careful on that bike!
Yes I definitely will be. The good thing is that bikes these days have driving modes, TC, LC, ABS, and other cool features to keep you safe. Or, safer, lol!! I have been driving it in C mode (safest least aggressive) since I got it home. Today I rode it in B mode and then A mode (most aggressive) for a couple short runs. C mode is a breeze especially when starting off from a stop. So I use that around town mainly so I won't accidentally blip it and send the front sky bound. Once I'm out in the open or on the highway I switch to B or A mode. I am getting more confident in my turns and leaning it into the corners as well as defensive riding. There is a lot to look out for. I probably won't be able to ride for the next few days due to work but I'll be back on it some time next week!! It is a lot of fun riding again!!
Old 05-06-2020, 01:40 PM   #7290
RobbyBeefcake87

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
https://youtu.be/Aogf3cbTWo4

Been wanting to see this for a long time... 2020 gt500 vs m7 19 zr1... gt500 gets ahead on the hit, I'm surprised at this since usually the stick cars take the hit. Maybe the z wasn't at the best rpm or the gt500 driver reacted better, also seems that a dct reacts quite well on a rolling hit like a manual. Either way the zr1 starts pulling hard towards the end. Zr1 driver may have not been the best driver but he certainly wasn't the worst.

Zr1 ftw!!! Fastest factory manual car ever built, and will probably never be beaten.
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
2017 Corvette Grandsport (sold) - untouched.
2006 GTO (sold) - iat relocation, air box mod, monero side marker lights.
RobbyBeefcake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 01:48 PM   #7291
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
Yeah ...here you are...
LOL, WOW, he really craves THAT much attention from a grown man??!! HAHA, just, WOW!! WTF is wrong with this kid? Begging people to quote him so I'll see it?! That is just weird. He really needs to make some friends, find a job, get a life, do something. That is just very sad.

Anyway, hotlap, did you post the info on the PP2 vs the SLE or was that someone else? The PP2 also faded in performance after the first lap right? And it wasn't the tires. I think it overheated or something. Was it the diff or did it go into limp mode? I do not quite remember. But the point is that even when it isn't a factor of tires fading, these Mustangs still find a way to lose performance after 1 hero lap. I also remember finding it odd that SP only posted one quarter mile time from his entire full day track session when he ran that "10.6". I am not sure if the other times were posted. But initially they only posted that one run. It used to be in the past the MM&FF would post detailed info on their entire sessions including the time of day, temps, launching RPMs, tire pressure, etc. Now it just seems that these guys go out there and only post the best run and that is what they use when they make their claims.
Old 05-06-2020, 01:50 PM   #7292
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:

Dude, just admit you were wrong when you said all cars experience tire fade after the first lap. Facts proved you wrong, don't deflect...man up!
Old 05-06-2020, 01:52 PM   #7293
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbyBeefcake87 View Post
https://youtu.be/Aogf3cbTWo4

Been wanting to see this for a long time... 2020 gt500 vs m7 19 zr1... gt500 gets ahead on the hit, I'm surprised at this since usually the stick cars take the hit. Maybe the z wasn't at the best rpm or the gt500 driver reacted better, also seems that a dct reacts quite well on a rolling hit like a manual. Either way the zr1 starts pulling hard towards the end. Zr1 driver may have not been the best driver but he certainly wasn't the worst.

Zr1 ftw!!! Fastest factory manual car ever built, and will probably never be beaten.
So auto to auto the ZR1 will walk away. Heck even the following car (Hellcat) kept up pretty good. Pulley and tune on the HC and it'll take the GT500 easily.
Old 05-06-2020, 01:56 PM   #7294
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman View Post
I fully admit that my M6 is "slow", I knew this would be the last manual in my life. I also knew the C8 would be an auto (I know it is a DCT). I would have not ordered a manual even if available. I find great pleasure in a manual and I intend to drive only a manual for pleasure. If I buy a C8 it will be a DD. I don't understand all the hype about a DCT..... it is an auto (trans shifts by itself), no amount of paddle shifters and goo gads will make it into a manual. I just find it mildly annoying when I'm told it is not an auto it is a DCT... um right it is an auto... but I can manual shift my auto with these paddles... um still an auto..

Nutshell a lot of time money and expense was put into this and for what it is, I guess it is OK. It just does not get my blood excited. I was excited about the GT 350, it just seemed more put together, more desirable, more blood pumping, flat plane, high RPM and yes a real M6.

Once the technology has turned and autos will dominate hence forth, I can't really get excited about the actual mechanics that underpin the auto. I don't care if it a DCT, CVT, a ruberband and some tin cans. It is kind of like the new hemi does not have a hemi head... LOL
This is how I feel as well, 100% in fact. I never got in to muscle cars for speed, they have never been the fastest money can buy. I got in to them for the V8 and rawness, and mechanical connection through a manual transmission. My M3 had a DCT, and they are awesome transmissions, but there is no meaningful difference between that and the traditional autos of today. The DCT got real boring, and it caused me to sell the car.

My fun car will also ALWAYS be a manual. As long as it has great looks and a V8 that produces great fun, I dont really care how fast it is.