Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 08-21-2017, 07:51 PM   #463
Alpha1BC

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE
I went for the motor city roundup. A couple of local companies put it on. Surprised they didn't have it in the Grattan schedule, but it's on the motorsportreg website here.

I'm always open to critique, so thanks for the pointers! I'm pretty new still, so I'll take any pointers I can get the only one I knew was the bus stop, just so happened that my fastest lap was the one where I started braking way too late lol.

Future events I'm looking at are SCCA Track Night at Gingerman on Aug 23 (this Wednesday, already registered), and then one or two more TBD events before the end of the year. The GLLC event at Grattan is looking like one of our more promising options, so I might see you there!

Last edited by Alpha1BC; 08-22-2017 at 07:59 AM.
Alpha1BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 08:40 AM   #464
mjk3888
"M1SS1LE"

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Old 08-22-2017, 10:30 AM   #465
RXtacy

Drives: 93 RX-7, 17 SS 1LE, 04 RX-8
A few laps from yesterday at PITT Race. How many people can say they were on track during an eclipse? This was my first track day with the 1LE. The car was great, we had the track for the full day with only ~30 cars total! I was on track for ~3.5 hrs and the 1LE performed beautifully. Towards the end of the day the drivers side sway bar end link got loose (clockwise track) but that was the only issue and after tightening it back up it was all good.

Last edited by RXtacy; 08-22-2017 at 10:41 AM.
RXtacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 11:07 AM   #466
cdb95z28

Drives: 2022 1SS 1LE A10 BCD WCT+PDR
Quote:
Originally Posted by RXtacy View Post
A few laps from yesterday at PITT Race. How many people can say they were on track during an eclipse? This was my first track day with the 1LE. The car was great, we had the track for the full day with only ~30 cars total! I was on track for ~3.5 hrs and the 1LE performed beautifully. Towards the end of the day the drivers side sway bar end link got loose (clockwise track) but that was the only issue and after tightening it back up it was all good.

Awesome runs, will you make the best Track Night in America?
Old 08-22-2017, 11:36 AM   #467
RXtacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdb95z28 View Post
Awesome runs, will you make the best Track Night in America?
Thanks. I actually live in MD so PITT Race is about 4 hrs away which means no track night for me. That was my first time at that track, what are considered decent lap times?
Old 08-22-2017, 11:51 AM   #468
FNxR3DNECK

Quote:

3.5 hours?!? Damn now I really wish I could have made it out yesterday! Taking my car on Thursday for the pre-track day oil change, I'm glad you said something about the end link I will make sure to have them check/tighten those on my car along with fixing the clicking noise in the front left. Can't wait to hit Summit this weekend!
Old 08-22-2017, 12:28 PM   #469
RXtacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FNxR3DNECK View Post
3.5 hours?!? Damn now I really wish I could have made it out yesterday! Taking my car on Thursday for the pre-track day oil change, I'm glad you said something about the end link I will make sure to have them check/tighten those on my car along with fixing the clicking noise in the front left. Can't wait to hit Summit this weekend!
FWIW mine were tight before the event, it loosened up during. I guess 3 hrs of beating on it will do that If it happens again I'll apply some loctite.

In the future if you want you can swing by my garage, I have a lift.
Old 08-22-2017, 12:33 PM   #470
FNxR3DNECK

Quote:
FWIW mine were tight before the event, it loosened up during. I guess 3 hrs of beating on it will do that If it happens again I'll apply some loctite.

In the future if you want you can swing by my garage, I have a lift.

I would take you up on that offer in a heartbeat but your house would be like an hour drive for me haha thanks anyway though!
Old 08-22-2017, 02:20 PM   #471
cdb95z28

Quote:
Thanks. I actually live in MD so PITT Race is about 4 hrs away which means no track night for me. That was my first time at that track, what are considered decent lap times?
LOL, your first time there and you are in the 2:03's, those are well beyond decent, nice, nice job!

My PB is a 2:03.9 in a Gen 5 1LE with Z/28 suspension
Old 08-22-2017, 04:47 PM   #472
RXtacy

Quote:
LOL, your first time there and you are in the 2:03's, those are well beyond decent, nice, nice job!

My PB is a 2:03.9 in a Gen 5 1LE with Z/28 suspension
I think that has more to do with the capabilities of the 6th gen chassis than my driving
Old 08-22-2017, 05:17 PM   #473
glamcem

Drives: '19 RivrsdBlu 1LE ('17 1LE HB sold)
Quote:
What a beautiful and technical track layout, I would prefer a bit more run away area but looks very good still I would love to run that track

Nice video and driving. I think you may benefit from inducing a bit more trailbraking until the mid corner to help rotating the car (overcome the understeer) and then smoothly transition to accelerate even quicker. You may also shift down to 2nd gear on certain corners as well. Congrats on your 1LE

Last edited by glamcem; 08-22-2017 at 05:30 PM.
glamcem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 05:54 PM   #474
cdb95z28

Quote:
I think that has more to do with the capabilities of the 6th gen chassis than my driving
Quote:
Originally Posted by glamcem View Post
What a beautiful track layout, I would prefer a bit more run away area but looks very good still I would love to run that track

Nice video and driving. I think you may benefit from inducing a bit more trailbraking until the mid corner to help rotating the car (overcome the understeer) and then smoothly transition to accelerate even quicker. You may also shift down to 2nd gear on certain corners as well. Congrats on your 1LE
Your lines look good, I do trail brake into 12 and just a tiny bit in 17. My changes to my car have come to an end (finally). I haven't touched it in 2 months, so I can now focus on me and not the car. I picked up alot this past weekend. I'd like to experiment with trail braking in turn 5. I have also considered 2nd gear in turn 17, I will try it the next event. Coming out of 5 for me is a bit slow also. More weight and less torque than you LT1 guys, but more rear gear.

The event I was at this past weekend brought people from (mostly) Ohio among other northeast states. Our organizer got the go ahead for all participants to do a pace lap in the full course, which is in RXtacy's video and my Track Night video. They all loved the South Track addition.

Glam, I've seen your videos of ORP, now that track looks downright diabolical with those quick elevation changes
Old 08-22-2017, 06:25 PM   #475
RXtacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by glamcem View Post
What a beautiful and technical track layout, I would prefer a bit more run away area but looks very good still I would love to run that track

It is a beautiful track. The new owners have had it since 2011 (I believe) and the lead instructor was saying they've put ~$20 million into the track They definitely seem to be doing it right!

Thanks for the tips Glamcem. I definitely should have down shifted into 2nd in turn 5 at the bottom of the hill. It's hard to tell in the video, but you drop 85 ft of elevation between turn 3 and 5 and then gain it right back coming out of 5 so you need all the drive you can get! Could probably drop to 2nd in 17 before the front straight as well.

Quote:
Your lines look good, I do trail brake into 12 and just a tiny bit in 17. My changes to my car have come to an end (finally). I haven't touched it in 2 months, so I can now focus on me and not the car. I picked up alot this past weekend. I'd like to experiment with trail braking in turn 5. I have also considered 2nd gear in turn 17, I will try it the next event. Coming out of 5 for me is a bit slow also. More weight and less torque than you LT1 guys, but more rear gear.
Thanks, that's good info!
Old 08-23-2017, 12:58 AM   #476
glamcem

Drives: '19 RivrsdBlu 1LE ('17 1LE HB sold)
Quote:

Glam, I've seen your videos of ORP, now that track looks downright diabolical with those quick elevation changes
Oh that track is my all time favorite It's so much fun like a rollercoster ride on certain corners

Quote:

Thanks for the tips Glamcem. I definitely should have down shifted into 2nd in turn 5 at the bottom of the hill. It's hard to tell in the video, but you drop 85 ft of elevation between turn 3 and 5 and then gain it right back coming out of 5 so you need all the drive you can get! Could probably drop to 2nd in 17 before the front straight as well.

Thanks, that's good info!
My pleasure. It's fun trying new things to find the optimum balance of the car for the given setup and conditions and it seems like that track is just perfect for that
glamcem is offline   Reply With Quote