Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 08-16-2021, 08:31 PM   #113
Chutzpah

Drives: Wild Cherry LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSSStlfan View Post
Funny today while I was working my business at the fleamarket a couple guys in their late 20s were drooling over my car lol. One of them had his friend taking pics next to the car doing poses. Probably he was going to use it for his Tinder profile or whatever.

The problem is what happens when the chick sees you're driving a 2005 Honda Civic and not a 47k SS?

I get lots of dudes checking my car out ever since I bought it last Sept of all ages. Why don't women check my car out????
Not to be a ballbuster, but are you quoting what the 2016 SS cost you? How long have you owned that puppy? Did you pay 47K? The car is 5 years old……and just as a side note,I dated a lot of smokin ladies in my early 20’s, with almost no $ (economy was in bad shape). All of those dates slowed down in the later 20’s. Part of that was woman getting married, but the big kicker was if I lived alone (in a nice place) and showed that I was responsible (they were looking to get married like their friends) The car is a nice novelty, but most will woman look past that when they get a bit older. I remember those days well. Had ALOT of fun.
Chutzpah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2021, 12:28 AM   #114
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modernmusclecar View Post
It's also one of the most successful gens of all time.
Wont argue there. It is. The 6th gen 0-60 3.9 seconds, quarter mile in the lows 12s. Only downside is that visibility in our cars which sucks. Otherwise the car is perfect!
CamaroSSStlfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2021, 12:33 AM   #115
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chutzpah View Post
Not to be a ballbuster, but are you quoting what the 2016 SS cost you? How long have you owned that puppy? Did you pay 47K? The car is 5 years old……and just as a side note,I dated a lot of smokin ladies in my early 20’s, with almost no $ (economy was in bad shape). All of those dates slowed down in the later 20’s. Part of that was woman getting married, but the big kicker was if I lived alone (in a nice place) and showed that I was responsible (they were looking to get married like their friends) The car is a nice novelty, but most will woman look past that when they get a bit older. I remember those days well. Had ALOT of fun.
No, my Camaro SS if you went on the Chevy site and priced the same model 2ss, 2022 with all the same features mine has it comes out to over 47k.

I mean all the same features on my window sticker. In 2015 the car was $45,620 MSRP

I paid 31,200 for it last sept over 4k less than KBB Got it right when the prices were about to start going up. A few months ago when the shortage was real bad I saw similar ones going for about 38k with more miles on it.
Old 08-17-2021, 07:18 AM   #116
foshjowler

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2.0T, 91 Miata
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chutzpah View Post
I'm always amazed that the notion that women are impressed by what car someone has still exists. Maybe in high school or even college it can work, but as an adult they're more impressed by making wise financial choices. A hot hatch will work better than any sports car at impressing young adult women. To them, it's a normal, practical vehicle. When I had my Focus ST I never had to explain why I bought it.

Youtube Channel

foshjowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2021, 09:21 AM   #117
sandm

Drives: no more camaro :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by foshjowler View Post
I'm always amazed that the notion that women are impressed by what car someone has still exists. Maybe in high school or even college it can work, but as an adult they're more impressed by making wise financial choices.
went out with a girl for a few dates in wisconsin in 2015. daily driver back then was a 1994 honda accord. was second owner from my old man in mint condition with 120k. other ride was a 00 f150 4x4 that towed the tige. she told me I should get a nicer car to date with knowing my income/job. was last date we went on. we were both in our mid/late 40's.
they are out there in any age bracket.
sandm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2021, 09:25 AM   #118
Vaxiss16

Drives: 2016 ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomcustom View Post
The fact we are discussing dating profiles means there’s no hope for man. Lol
Vaxiss16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2021, 10:39 AM   #119
Modernmusclecar

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Wont argue there. It is. The 6th gen 0-60 3.9 seconds, quarter mile in the lows 12s. Only downside is that visibility in our cars which sucks. Otherwise the car is perfect!
The visibility sucks in the 5th gen as well haha. That's one issue I thought they would improve on. My car is cammed with fbos and is knocking on 11s. But the weight is tough to overcome. My buddies have a 2021 Lt1 and 2021 1le both with 10 speeds and are in the 12.4 range most days this sumner. Ive run a 12 but cant get that 11 second slip. They are stock with just a tire. The lt1 did hit 12.3 once. They pretty are pretty quick right off the showroom floor.
EPS CUSTOM GRIND CAM....K@N CAI....VMAX PTB.....FRANKENSTEIN STAGE 2 HEADS ...1 7/8 STAINLESS POWER CATTED LONGTUBE HEADERS...CORSA XTREME 3 INCH CATBACK.....CIRCLE D 3800 Pro Series stall...391 gears.....Ported/modded GPI intake .Forgestar drag pack with Mickey Thompson ET street drag radials AGP PERFORMANCE DYNO TUNED. 463 WHP 428 FTLBS TORQUE.
Modernmusclecar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2021, 12:13 PM   #120
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Quote:
The visibility sucks in the 5th gen as well haha. That's one issue I thought they would improve on. My car is cammed with fbos and is knocking on 11s. But the weight is tough to overcome. My buddies have a 2021 Lt1 and 2021 1le both with 10 speeds and are in the 12.4 range most days this sumner. Ive run a 12 but cant get that 11 second slip. They are stock with just a tire. The lt1 did hit 12.3 once. They pretty are pretty quick right off the showroom floor.
You can get lower than 12.4 in these cars. Just need the right conditions and driver.
Old 08-17-2021, 12:27 PM   #121
Venomcustom
Hard to want.

Drives: 2020 red hot 1SS 1LE
Quote:
You can get lower than 12.4 in these cars. Just need the right conditions and driver.
Let me know when you do it. You always talk a lot but have you ever run your car at a strip or track?
Venomcustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2021, 02:22 PM   #122
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Quote:
Let me know when you do it. You always talk a lot but have you ever run your car at a strip or track?
Not yet. I have a couple roads with nothing around it here. My biggest issue is launching. I bought my ss used and the dealer put Nefra tires on it lol. They don't stick well so I'm going to replace them when the tread gets lower. Why do dealers do this?
Old 08-17-2021, 06:08 PM   #123
Modernmusclecar

Quote:
The owners been drag racing a long time. He hit 12.3 as his best. The weather has been warm on and off. I've seen 10 speed Mustang run close to those times as well. The 1le is a tick slower. Not sure if there's a specifIc way to launch the 10 speed. These guys have tried everything.
EPS CUSTOM GRIND CAM....K@N CAI....VMAX PTB.....FRANKENSTEIN STAGE 2 HEADS ...1 7/8 STAINLESS POWER CATTED LONGTUBE HEADERS...CORSA XTREME 3 INCH CATBACK.....CIRCLE D 3800 Pro Series stall...391 gears.....Ported/modded GPI intake .Forgestar drag pack with Mickey Thompson ET street drag radials AGP PERFORMANCE DYNO TUNED. 463 WHP 428 FTLBS TORQUE.
Old 08-17-2021, 06:13 PM   #124
Modernmusclecar

Quote:
Interesting lol. My one buddy has the 21 10 speed 1le. He is still learning the car but runs dead nuts 12.5 at 116. I notice you have the same car and colour. Are you a manual. I'm just wonder what guys are getting times wise. He is bone stock righ to the tire.

Last edited by Modernmusclecar; 08-17-2021 at 09:05 PM.
Old 08-17-2021, 09:57 PM   #125
Venomcustom
Hard to want.

Drives: 2020 red hot 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Interesting lol. My one buddy has the 21 10 speed 1le. He is still learning the car but runs dead nuts 12.5 at 116. I notice you have the same car and colour. Are you a manual. I'm just wonder what guys are getting times wise. He is bone stock righ to the tire.
My car is a manual. Launching a manual Camaro can be tricky. Easy to spin or stick the tire and have it bog down. Slipping the clutch and rolling into the throttle seems to work but not awesome on the clutch. 12.7 is the heat is about where I’m at. I’ve seen a fellow stock manual 1LE owner go 12.3. In fact he won the stock manual class at Camaro fest two years ago.
Venomcustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 02:15 AM   #126
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Quote:
The 1LE also weighs more as well and typically runs slower on the strip.

If you're using it for straight line racing I would want a LT1. Those are the quickest.