#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 01-07-2020, 03:33 PM   #15
crosive

Drives: 18 zl1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flytetymex View Post
Sorry for the rookie question. Based on OP's post, keeping the valves open will produce more crackles and gurgles. Is this true? I love this car but the one thing I miss is the constant gurgling I used to get from my Chevy SS even with regular neighborhood driving.

the cracks and gurgles are there whether the valves are open or not, it's just a free flowing exhaust lets you hear them better, thus wanting the valves open.

one thing I've been experimenting with is playing around with track mode being on, and the fuse pulled. so far, it seems to give me more gurgles, but it could be anecdotal because the days I've tested, the weather was different and may have influenced it.

right now, according to my car, it's always in stealth mode, I just "pull the fuse" via my switch 99 percent of the time.
crosive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 03:38 PM   #16
Flytetymex

Drives: 2019 Chevy Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by crosive View Post
the cracks and gurgles are there whether the valves are open or not, it's just a free flowing exhaust lets you hear them better, thus wanting the valves open.

one thing I've been experimenting with is playing around with track mode being on, and the fuse pulled. so far, it seems to give me more gurgles, but it could be anecdotal because the days I've tested, the weather was different and may have influenced it.

right now, according to my car, it's always in stealth mode, I just "pull the fuse" via my switch 99 percent of the time.

I think I'll give the fuse pull a try at some point. Just don't hear the gurgles unless I drive it hard. I'll try out your method as well and see if that makes a difference.
Flytetymex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 03:51 PM   #17
Tricksta

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flytetymex View Post
I think I'll give the fuse pull a try at some point. Just don't hear the gurgles unless I drive it hard. I'll try out your method as well and see if that makes a difference.
I did the fuse pull and didn't really notice much change on stock exhaust while cruising steady speeds.
Old 01-07-2020, 03:57 PM   #18
Android42019
The Black Emerald

Drives: '17 ZL1, '08 Trailblazer, '11 1LTRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricksta View Post
I did the fuse pull and didn't really notice much change on stock exhaust while cruising steady speeds.
Get on it and you’ll notice, the flange still slightly closes with the fuse in.
Old 01-07-2020, 09:03 PM   #19
CW3SF

Drives: 2019 Chevy Camaro ZL1 M6
Fuse pulled since day 1 and no issues. M6 car
CW3SF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 06:14 AM   #20
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
You can also remove the sound deadening plate under the lid for more whine..

Cut the bottom out of the factory box for a boost gain w green filter of course..

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
EDFHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 07:19 AM   #21
FoundNemo

Drives: 2019 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDFHOBBIES View Post
You can also remove the sound deadening plate under the lid for more whine..

Cut the bottom out of the factory box for a boost gain w green filter of course..
If you havent done logs to show before/after effects of the chop work on MAF turbulence, I wouldnt recommend doing it blindly. Plus, thats not reversible or free (if you have to buy a green filter), hence the point of the original post.

But, let's discuss the fuse pull working for another 20 posts. I'm sure that will be productive
FoundNemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 07:34 AM   #22
gotswap

Drives: 2019 ZL1 Crush
butthurt much?

All besides the 2650 is bone stock down to the air filter.
gotswap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 07:36 AM   #23
FoundNemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotswap View Post
butthurt much?
lol, dont break your keyboard now warrior. And it took 3 seconds or so per side to disconnect the NPP valves. Not sure what you found difficult about it but we all have different technical capabilities.
Old 01-08-2020, 07:53 AM   #24
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
I pulled the fuse on my 2017 and set the exhaust to Track mode which seemed to make it louder but put the fuse back in the other day and set to Auto mode exhaust. I’m sure my neighbor was glad because I would wake her up every morning going to work. Also, it seems like the motor is running better with the fuse in maybe because there’s more back pressure in the exhaust than straight thru(supercharger kicks in faster). Strange!
Old 01-08-2020, 08:02 AM   #25
FoundNemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT4Greg View Post
I pulled the fuse on my 2017 and set the exhaust to Track mode which seemed to make it louder but put the fuse back in the other day and set to Auto mode exhaust. I’m sure my neighbor was glad because I would wake her up every morning going to work. Also, it seems like the motor is running better with the fuse in maybe because there’s more back pressure in the exhaust than straight thru(supercharger kicks in faster). Strange!
Give it a shot with the NPP valves unhooked but the fuse in. You might be surprised, I noticed a nice low/mid throttle response gain with that (no change at WOT) setup.
Old 01-08-2020, 09:48 AM   #26
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
Might try it!! Thanks Found Nemo!
Old 01-08-2020, 09:53 AM   #27
FoundNemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT4Greg View Post
Might try it!! Thanks Found Nemo!
Cheers sir!
Old 01-08-2020, 09:09 PM   #28
jvandy50

Drives: 18 ZL1-1LE, 10 JKU
OP, i just wanted to check in and let you know i pulled my fuse, but may reinstall after reading this thread
jvandy50 is offline   Reply With Quote