Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 05-17-2018, 02:00 PM   #2059
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackClub View Post
I know off topic except look at the new Ram's front: it has Camaro's fangs! Exact replicas...Dodge stole them lol!
One: looks nothing like a Toyota in anyway. Two: those arent fangs. That front end is finished looking. You are really reaching.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 02:31 PM   #2060
Cgocifer

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE, 2015 RAM Ecodiesel
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
One: looks nothing like a Toyota in anyway. Two: those arent fangs. That front end is finished looking. You are really reaching.
You know, I didnt see them at first but they're there. If the bumper was body colored, it does have similar cheeks/fangs. They look better on the ram though because the grill isn't a black hole.
Old 05-17-2018, 03:35 PM   #2061
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cgocifer View Post
Maybe because many of the new things lately are fugly... it looks to be follow the leader with the modern, futuristic gaping mouth grilles these days. Just like in the 1950s the trend shared by most car manufacturers was big fins and jet plane/rocket inspired designs.

Now the trend is this huge grille, blacked out bumper thing and it may be backfiring however, some cars execute it better. I happen to like the new accord and charger but cant stand the Toyotas, Lexus, or the Chevy versions.

Come on, that is a face only a mother could love.
I think the Lexus styling looks hot and drove three different models last February. Couldn't get past how poorly the infotainment system works so no go.
Attached Images

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 07:43 PM   #2062
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Let me just suggest that if GM had announced an LT2 with 500 hp we would be having a completely different conversation about the front fascia and tail lamps.
Old 05-17-2018, 08:01 PM   #2063
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Let me just suggest that if GM had announced an LT2 with 500 hp we would be having a completely different conversation about the front fascia and tail lamps.
Sure, that likely would change the conversation but there is no LT2 and there is no 500 hp.
Old 05-17-2018, 08:08 PM   #2064
yankee

Drives: 2018 Camaro LT RS, 2015 Mazda 3
Quote:
Does that make the design nice?

Last edited by yankee; 05-17-2018 at 08:19 PM.
yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 08:19 PM   #2065
Weege

Drives: 2017 2SS convertible M6, NPP, MRC
Quote:
That's true, had that been the case we could be saying, "Yeah but she's got a great personality."
No atmosphere.
Weege is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 08:37 PM   #2066
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Did you forget that they already make a 650hp version that looks a 1000x better than what they came up with in this 2019 SS?

Why would a 500hp LT whatever make a difference in its looks anyhow?
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 09:22 PM   #2067
TrackClub

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE (previous: 2017 SS 1LE)
Quote:
I agrèe. Especially given those are enthusiast cars...apparently
Sure there is a 650hp version here already but also at a premium which only a minority can afford lest theyd be outselling the SS.
TrackClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 10:10 PM   #2068
IOMike

Drives: 2022 F150, 87 Monte Carlo
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
You can really take the Silverado in different directions with black, chrome or body color front. This all white looks really good.
Thanks for the pic. Can't wait to see that in blue with some 0 offset black wheels. It's going to be stunning.

So much better than the current Silverado.

Oh and related to the Camaro, still don't like the SS front but I like the RS front and the rear is a huuuuuge upgrade, it's by far the weakest part of the current Camaro.
IOMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 10:48 PM   #2069
JhonnyGTR

Drives: La Macarena
Quote:
JhonnyGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 11:53 PM   #2070
Cgocifer

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE, 2015 RAM Ecodiesel
Quote:
Originally Posted by IOMike View Post
Thanks for the pic. Can't wait to see that in blue with some 0 offset black wheels. It's going to be stunning.

So much better than the current Silverado.

Oh and related to the Camaro, still don't like the SS front but I like the RS front and the rear is a huuuuuge upgrade, it's by far the weakest part of the current Camaro.
Disagree. The new rear is busy and looks like an afterthought especially with those googly eye lights. Look at my signature, now that is much nicer. All they had to do was remove the current version's bumper swoops.
Old 05-18-2018, 12:27 AM   #2071
TrackClub

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE (previous: 2017 SS 1LE)
Quote:
Disagree. The new rear is busy and looks like an afterthought especially with those googly eye lights. Look at my signature, now that is much nicer. All they had to do was remove the current version's bumper swoops.
Hehe we will have to agree to disagree as i too think the rear end incl current lights is the weakest point. It does look better on a 1LE but much worse on a regular SS because of its spoiler and lack of black contrast. The new lights are recessed. And the overall look much better. Imo of course
TrackClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 12:30 AM   #2072
Michael2000

Drives: .
Quote:
The dodge executes the look better imo. It's those darn cheek flaps on the Camaro that ruins it for me. If they were connected at the bottom, it would look better.
The Dodge ties together. The fangs on the SS look tacked on.
Michael2000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2019 camaro refresh, 2020 camrao, becky, beckyd, camaro refresh, camarodestroyed, new camaro, ugly camaro, wtf?!?!