Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 07-23-2019, 12:00 PM   #15
PsyCoe

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS - Mosaic Black
Update: After about a week I heard back from CarFax they said only the dealer/shop/individual who placed the claim can remove the flag from the CarFax. In my case it was a dealer from Texas, not the dealer in Virginia I purchased the car from. I asked for their contact info, but the dealer entered the info into CarFax keeping their identity anonymous, and CarFax told me that info is confidential. Additionally, even if i prove to them there is no frame damage, and has never been any, they will not remove the false flag, only notate the CarFax with the frame inspection results. I had the frame measured on the by a reputable frame shop in the area and it is up to factory spec and shows no signs of ever being repaired, no frame damage, ever....

CarFax has absolutely horrible customer service policies. You cannot call them, its all done by email, and each communication is a 48 hour turn around. For a company as large as CarFax I find this extremely disappointing.

So here's where I'm at:
An anonymous dealer in Texas added frame damage to my car's CarFax 3 month's after I bought the car. CarFax refuses to give me the dealers contact info to rectify the flag and proving the frame on the car has never been damaged does nothing other than adding a note to the CarFax. I'm working with the dealership who sold me the car to get the contact info of the dealership they got the car from. Then I can hopefully get them to remove the flag.

The journey down the rabbit hole continues...
PsyCoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 01:22 PM   #16
ddivinia

Drives: 19 ZR1 20 350R Wife -> 24 ZL1 Vert
Do you have a copy of the original clean CarFax?

Have you talked to the dealer you bought the car from?

D.
ddivinia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 01:59 PM   #17
LT4

Drives: all sold, getting another soon..
Lots of people try to sell their damaged cars quickly before the damage shows up on CarFax. Its an old trick, but doesn't mean you can't fight for compensation.

If you have the car inspected and it does in fact has structural damage, then you were misled if they showed you a clean CarFax to make the sale. This means that the dealer who sold you the car owes you the $7000 as a loss to you because he lied about the damage.
Old 07-23-2019, 02:20 PM   #18
Cannon Green

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS
butttt can we get some pics of the Vette?
Cannon Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 03:48 PM   #19
PsyCoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddivinia View Post
Do you have a copy of the original clean CarFax?

Have you talked to the dealer you bought the car from?

D.
Yep have the copy of original clean CarFax. If the flag doesn't get removed I'll be talking with the Virginia Attorney Generals office about what I can do.
Old 07-23-2019, 03:50 PM   #20
PsyCoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT4 View Post
Lots of people try to sell their damaged cars quickly before the damage shows up on CarFax. Its an old trick, but doesn't mean you can't fight for compensation.

If you have the car inspected and it does in fact has structural damage, then you were misled if they showed you a clean CarFax to make the sale. This means that the dealer who sold you the car owes you the $7000 as a loss to you because he lied about the damage.
Had the frame inspected and measured. No frame damage or evidence of damage repair present. Seems to be a 100% false flag.
Old 07-23-2019, 03:51 PM   #21
PsyCoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon Green View Post
butttt can we get some pics of the Vette?
I didn't take any pictures. I was a little upset and embarrassed by the situation, so I just rolled out and started looking at options on what I can do pretty much immediately.